Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA in the media 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:12 am

Programs: AA Plat, various hotels
If the cabin crew were "physically under duress" and the passengers disobeying a crew order by refusing to sit down during landing, shouldn't they have been met and arrested after the plane had landed?
Old Jul 29, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by ScienceTeacher
But BA allow you to drink your own alcohol! Very easy for a passenger to have a drink without them keep tabs on how much!
BA don't allow you to bring your own alcohol - any duty free brought on board must remain sealed.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
Originally Posted by Brighterside
BA don't allow you to bring your own alcohol - any duty free brought on board must remain sealed.
I can’t speak of duty free alcohol bought on board but you are allowed to drink your own alcohol, certainly that bought in advance at the airport.

Some airlines say it is not allowed, some even say it is legally not allowed in the UK but that is tosh; so long as you’re not drunk and have been specifically told you can’t drink it, there are no rules against drinking your own alcohol on BA (and other UK aircraft) at least.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 2:47 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
they do allow you to bring your own drinks. The only instances I have seen BA not allow it is on a Cityflyer flight from man-IBZ
Old Jul 29, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
I believe it is though illegal to disobey a lawful order given by the crew. Thus I assume if the crew had instructed the passengers to stop drinking and hand over any alcohol they had and the passengers refused then they could have been prosecuted.

From ont the report it does sound as if they were out of control and it reflects very poorly on BA this appears to have been handled badly.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Current BA Cabin crew on here have said you can, although I makes it difficult for them to monitor how much someone is drinking and if they are getting out of control.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 3:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I get the impression the guy doing the complaining was the problem passenger.

They do say every flight has at least one of 'em....I can well believe it.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I get the impression the guy doing the complaining was the problem passenger.

They do say every flight has at least one of 'em....I can well believe it.
Really ?

What sort of “problem” was he, exactly ?

A group of passengers are ill-behaved during a flight ; their unruly activity includes forcefully wrestling a bottle of alcohol from a crew member, and refusal to be seated for landing.
And yet you consider someone travelling on that same flight, in consequent fear for his safety, and who legitimately raised concerns to the airline, to be a “problem passenger”
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by subject2load

Really ?

What sort of “problem” was he, exactly ?

A group of passengers are ill-behaved during a flight ; their unruly activity includes forcefully wrestling a bottle of alcohol from a crew member, and refusal to be seated for landing.
And yet you consider someone travelling on that same flight, in consequent fear for his safety, and who legitimately raised concerns to the airline, to be a “problem passenger”

Hiddy's all Rock and Roll, he is banned from 87.3% of the hotels in Argentina and Hilton got injunctions in 23 different countries so he can not go within 20 meters of their hotels in those territories. (10 Yards in the US). This is why you never hear Hiddy complain about the food on flights, BA don't serve raw bat so Hiddy simply takes his own, with a side salad and Chive Creme Fraiche.

A good flight for Hiddy is one where he can walk off, a great flight is one where they can reuse the plane afterward.

Just look at what sort of cows he is breeding

Gene Simmons (left), one of Hiddy's Cows (right)
T8191, rapidex and subject2load like this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@ Worcester : what a fascinating insight into HIDDY-world, thanks.

I shall read any further posts from a whole new perspective
Worcester likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
I’m sure there was a very recent similar scenario to this...Flight 2552 was forced to an emergency landing at 6pm at LGW. Not much more is said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-45013517
Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:31 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, TK Smiles and Miles, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I’m sure there was a very recent similar scenario to this...Flight 2552 was forced to an emergency landing at 6pm at LGW. Not much more is said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-45013517
Yes, and I believe it was the same aircraft G-GATR
Old Aug 5, 2018, 4:18 pm

British Airways is accused of sexism after a male worker, 26, claims he was SACKED for wearing hair in a 'man bun'

British Airways accused of sexism after a male worker, 26, claims he was SACKED for 'man bun' | Daily Mail Online

Daily mail comment: "Any man who wears his hair in a bun should be fired, regardless of circumstances."
Old Aug 6, 2018, 2:00 am

Alex Cruz has a letter i9n the Times today (reported on the BBC) complaining about immigration queues at Heathrow and that something must be done

Head of UK Border Force Nick Jariwalla said things were unlikely to change - cost cutting was in their DNA (I might have tweaked his response slightly...)
Old Aug 6, 2018, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by Worcester
I believe it is though illegal to disobey a lawful order given by the crew. Thus I assume if the crew had instructed the passengers to stop drinking and hand over any alcohol they had and the passengers refused then they could have been prosecuted.

From ont the report it does sound as if they were out of control and it reflects very poorly on BA this appears to have been handled badly.
Actually the law states that it is illegal to disobey a legal order issued by the aircraft commander. It is also illegal to be drunk onboard an aircraft but unlike drink driving or drink flying there is no definition of “drunk” in the ANO. Any “order” issued by the crew is done so on borrowed authority unless it is a direct repetition of an order issued by the aircraft commander. Have you ever considered why the written warnings have to be signed by the aircraft commander? It is a simple way for the aircraft commander to directly issue a specific and traceable, not he said she said, order to an individual. Further transgression of that order is then a criminal act and can be dealt with as such. Note I do mean criminal not illegal. The powers issued to the aircraft commander, some of which essentially derive from maritime laws are extensive and quite arbitrary, but they are only issued to the aircraft commander, so all power aboard derives from the commander and the crew have no individual power to issue arbitrary orders on their own recognisance. That is why their derived authority is carefully laid down within the Ops Manual, anything else has to be relayed to the commander and their decision then becomes law.
PETER01, T8191, Tobias-UK and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.