Help Us Shape the future [BAEC survey]

Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
As a rather old flyer, I have never, ever heard of any airline changing anything as a result of these blooming surveys.
I was told that the decision to reinstate free seat selection for status cardholders on Basic fares came about due to survey results. This seems confirmed by the BAEC announcement starting "We’ve been listening to your feedback and are making some exciting changes"...
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/about-ba/whats-new/executive-club-improvements?source=H01X&hpsource=H01CXNewExecutiv eClu

The FT thread got to about 1800 entries of mainly complaints until this announcement, and just 108 posts after the announcement.
HBO fares - Have to pay to select seat in advance [free for GCH/SCH/BCHs @ 14 Jun 17]
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
As a rather old flyer, I have never, ever heard of any airline changing anything as a result of these blooming surveys.

I think they are there to allow grumpy slf to vent. Some grumpy slf might even think that anyone in BA (other than CC) cares. Yeh, right!
I am considerably cynicaller than yow

They exist (IMO and IME) solely to demonstrate to internal stakeholders that what ever cack-brained idea you have come up with has "tested well with customers"....

There needs to be no rational basis for that assertion...
Old Mar 19, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
CWS.
I hear their spin.
I don't believe it was due to feedback. Feedback is not $$$.
The only thing they listen to is $$$, so there must have been a $$$ reason.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Let's just hope it's not the same questionnaire that, according to BA, ended up in us paying for Twinings tea in ET.
florens and subject2load like this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
I got one and as I had a few hours in a hotel to while away they got a response.

The OnBusiness bit was interesting but useless in the way the possible responses are phrased. When asked which parts I liked best about the scheme I can reply that:
1. I like the ability to book flights using OB points,
2. Also upgrade flights using OB points,

... unfortunately there was then nowhere to say that what I most dislike about the scheme is:
1. The lack of flights ever available for OB redemption or
2. The lack of ability to actually upgrade flights using OB points!

I am letting the OB account wither away and have not been able to spend the points for years because there was nothing available when I needed to fly. I could usually get an RFS though so went that way. Last flight I could actually book with OB points was five years ago.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:41 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
BA sent a chaser email out this evening...

You might remember receiving an email from us recently inviting you to take part in a survey about your experiences with British Airways

Given that you are an Executive Club Member, we would welcome your views on your experiences with British Airways, and we would like to understand how they have influenced the way you feel about us.

Whether positive, neutral, or negative, your feedback is welcome and highly valued, as it will help us to shape our products and services in the future, and understand what our most valuable customers need from us.

M
Old Mar 24, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
BA sent a chaser email out this evening...
Just checked my email, and the same one arrived in my inbox tonight. I had the same 'Can I be bothered filling it out attitude', when the first one arrived at the start of the week
Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:39 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Forever in Seattle
Just checked my email, and the same one arrived in my inbox tonight. I had the same 'Can I be bothered filling it out attitude', when the first one arrived at the start of the week
Having originally given up when they first emailed me, I've now filled it in.

I should add, that I did so because I was bored, and the tapping of my keyboard, silenced my screaming daughter. So, well done Nunwood for teaching me a sound which helps her!

M
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
BAEC Survey

I seem to think a similar survey appeared around this time last year (?) - and big apologies if I have somehow missed a current/recent thread.

BAEC have just emailed me a survey headed ‘Help us Shape the Future’

Accompanying notes say ....... “whether positive, neutral or negative, your feedback is welcome and highly valued, as it will help us shape our products and services around your needs” (and that it will take 20-25 minutes to complete).

Has anyone tackled it already ?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS, Costa Coffee, My Waitrose
It's a rolling survey, so received by different customers throughout the year.

I received and completed in October 18.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:45 am

I got that email a day or two ago. Clicked the link and the webpage didn't load. Gave up.
T8191 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, *A, Marriott
Originally Posted by adrianlondon
I got that email a day or two ago. Clicked the link and the webpage didn't load. Gave up.
not as frustrating as mine, I got about half way through and screen froze. perhaps they didn't like my answers
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 5:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Sorry to restart an old thread. Now got the same titled survey. They must be scraping the bottom of the barrel by contacting me

Last edited by icebird; Jan 18, 2019 at 5:37 pm
Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Egoldstein
not as frustrating as mine, I got about half way through and screen froze. perhaps they didn't like my answers
If you follow your original link you should be able to continue from where you left off.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I was told that the decision to reinstate free seat selection for status cardholders on Basic fares came about due to survey results. This seems confirmed by the BAEC announcement starting "We’ve been listening to your feedback and are making some exciting changes"...
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ewExecutiveClu

The FT thread got to about 1800 entries of mainly complaints until this announcement, and just 108 posts after the announcement.
HBO fares - Have to pay to select seat in advance [free for GCH/SCH/BCHs @ 14 Jun 17]
I rather suspect that the reason to reinstate had more to do with them haemorrhaging short haul bookings to easy jet than comments on FlyerTalk. BA have history using surveys to suggest that downgrades in products and services combined with hikes in fares and fees was driven by customer demand.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.