Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crew tablet contents

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2018, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
Crew tablet contents

It's probably been asked before but couldn't find anything.......... what information do those tablets the crew carry actually contain? Is it simply name, seat, status, special requirements? Or is there a mass of other information?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Previous disruption, cases with CR, previous delays, previous flights, whether you have been upgraded/downgraded come to mind. I'm sure there are more.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 6:22 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
CIVs
Old Jan 13, 2018, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

It also has your next/connecting flight. The CSM on my FRA-LHR flight said that I was connecting to NRT and suggested that I head back to the A gates for flight connections ( we were arriving at the B gates). When we got to the B gates the NRT flight was not on the monitors ( it only seemed to cover the next 3 hours) so went back to A for security which was very quick and then relaxed in the lounge ( the gate was announced as C 56 so walked via the tunnel to the C gates via the B lounge!)

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jan 13, 2018 at 6:43 am
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
https://www.apple.com/business/success-stories/ was brought up here before and one of the videos shows the iPad app used by the CSM. And yes that was actual customer data that they showed.
Tafflyer, navylad and TPRun like this.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by DorsetKnob
It's probably been asked before but couldn't find anything.......... what information do those tablets the crew carry actually contain? Is it simply name, seat, status, special requirements? Or is there a mass of other information?
I'm sure someone will be along soon to say it's none of our business
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by simons1
I'm sure someone will be along soon to say it's none of our business
Me! OK, if you're really that bothered, one can always do a subject access request for the appropriate fee. [You'll get a box of paper filled up with a ludicrous amount of flight booking information, apparently].

Who knows, maybe they may have all our FT diatribes on it?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Flyertalk username linked to BAEC membership number? Now THAT would be a case for breach of privacy!!
missdimeaner and HKGEDI like this.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Me! OK, if you're really that bothered, one can always do a subject access request for the appropriate fee. [You'll get a box of paper filled up with a ludicrous amount of flight booking information, apparently].

Well I can spare them that as honestly I couldn't care less what's on it really.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I wonder how the new GDPR is going to affect theprinted manifests and their sometimes prominent display in the galley and the iPad and its contents.
TPRun likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

Delicious!
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I wonder how the new GDPR is going to affect theprinted manifests and their sometimes prominent display in the galley and the iPad and its contents.
Doubt it'll make much difference. As far as I can see, GDPR is more about opting-in to share personal information with the company, more efficient reporting and easier account closure. I think the existing regulations should cover BA not sharing existing personal information with others - clearly there are breaches of these regulations already.
navylad likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
https://www.apple.com/business/success-stories/ was brought up here before and one of the videos shows the iPad app used by the CSM. And yes that was actual customer data that they showed.
cool vid. Thanks for sharing.
Flame3601 and memesweeper like this.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: BA
It's fairly basic, the information is limited. We have other apps for different purposes such as gate information.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold
For CX Crew tablets more or less the same

on top of that

Will show ur complaint / compliment records

Previously shopped a lot of inflight duty free items, you are a big spender.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.