FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Crew tablet contents (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1888096-crew-tablet-contents.html)

DorsetKnob Jan 13, 2018 5:40 am

Crew tablet contents

It's probably been asked before but couldn't find anything.......... what information do those tablets the crew carry actually contain? Is it simply name, seat, status, special requirements? Or is there a mass of other information?

BA6501 Jan 13, 2018 6:18 am

Previous disruption, cases with CR, previous delays, previous flights, whether you have been upgraded/downgraded come to mind. I'm sure there are more.

florens Jan 13, 2018 6:22 am

CIVs :)

The _Banking_Scot Jan 13, 2018 6:23 am

Hi,

It also has your next/connecting flight. The CSM on my FRA-LHR flight said that I was connecting to NRT and suggested that I head back to the A gates for flight connections ( we were arriving at the B gates). When we got to the B gates the NRT flight was not on the monitors ( it only seemed to cover the next 3 hours) so went back to A for security which was very quick and then relaxed in the lounge ( the gate was announced as C 56 so walked via the tunnel to the C gates via the B lounge!)

Regards

TBS

El_Duderito Jan 13, 2018 7:13 am

https://www.apple.com/business/success-stories/ was brought up here before and one of the videos shows the iPad app used by the CSM. And yes that was actual customer data that they showed.

simons1 Jan 13, 2018 7:18 am

Originally Posted by DorsetKnob (Post 29287414)
It's probably been asked before but couldn't find anything.......... what information do those tablets the crew carry actually contain? Is it simply name, seat, status, special requirements? Or is there a mass of other information?

I'm sure someone will be along soon to say it's none of our business ;)

corporate-wage-slave Jan 13, 2018 7:29 am

Originally Posted by simons1 (Post 29287637)
I'm sure someone will be along soon to say it's none of our business ;)

Me! OK, if you're really that bothered, one can always do a subject access request for the appropriate fee. [You'll get a box of paper filled up with a ludicrous amount of flight booking information, apparently].

Who knows, maybe they may have all our FT diatribes on it?

T8191 Jan 13, 2018 7:39 am

Flyertalk username linked to BAEC membership number? Now THAT would be a case for breach of privacy!!

simons1 Jan 13, 2018 7:47 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 29287654)
Me! OK, if you're really that bothered, one can always do a subject access request for the appropriate fee. [You'll get a box of paper filled up with a ludicrous amount of flight booking information, apparently].

Well I can spare them that as honestly I couldn't care less what's on it really.

nufnuf77 Jan 13, 2018 7:47 am

I wonder how the new GDPR is going to affect theprinted manifests and their sometimes prominent display in the galley and the iPad and its contents.

Tobias-UK Jan 13, 2018 7:53 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 29287654)

Delicious!

ThatT1Feeling Jan 13, 2018 7:55 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 (Post 29287700)
I wonder how the new GDPR is going to affect theprinted manifests and their sometimes prominent display in the galley and the iPad and its contents.

Doubt it'll make much difference. As far as I can see, GDPR is more about opting-in to share personal information with the company, more efficient reporting and easier account closure. I think the existing regulations should cover BA not sharing existing personal information with others - clearly there are breaches of these regulations already.

TPRun Jan 13, 2018 8:22 am

Originally Posted by El_Duderito (Post 29287631)
https://www.apple.com/business/success-stories/ was brought up here before and one of the videos shows the iPad app used by the CSM. And yes that was actual customer data that they showed.

cool vid. Thanks for sharing.

BABenchley Jan 13, 2018 8:28 am

It's fairly basic, the information is limited. We have other apps for different purposes such as gate information.

HKGEDI Jan 13, 2018 8:35 am

For CX Crew tablets more or less the same

on top of that

Will show ur complaint / compliment records

Previously shopped a lot of inflight duty free items, you are a big spender.