Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by florens
CIVs
what is CIV?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by BA6948

what is CIV?
Customer Intrinsic Value - how important you are to BA on a score of 1 to 99, although Premiers are apparently at 105... Search the board for more detailed / accurate information
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by T8191
Flyertalk username linked to BAEC membership number?
Why else would some posters write what they post?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
Had reason to glance at my entry on he iPad last week, and it incorrectly showed my seat as being an ‘involuntary upgrade’. Which might explain why the CSM wasn’t too fussed that I didn’t have the correct meal available. It might also explain why the wrong TPs and Avios then posted. <sigh>

I also noticed that pretty much 100% of the Club area had BA status of Silver or Gold. There were a couple that had an icon next to their name that was blue & white, not sure if that meant Blue BAEC or something statusy in OneWorld. But I was surprised about the number of status holders.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Doubt it'll make much difference. As far as I can see, GDPR is more about opting-in to share personal information with the company, more efficient reporting and easier account closure. I think the existing regulations should cover BA not sharing existing personal information with others - clearly there are breaches of these regulations already.
There is a lot more to GDPR than that, and given the penalties companies who deal with personal data need to be prepared given the steep penalties. A good example is that companies need to know the physical location of where the server which holds not just the data but also the back up, and who has access.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 10:11 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Worcester

There is a lot more to GDPR than that, and given the penalties companies who deal with personal data need to be prepared given the steep penalties. A good example is that companies need to know the physical location of where the server which holds not just the data but also the back up, and who has access.
That's what I am thinking, myself being in finance I know how much it's impacting my life (or the lives around me rather ) but can't imagine BA will find it easy to comply will all sorts of private details being printed everywhere and people having access here and there and everywhere. I would certainly raise a complaint with a regulator if a person handles some of my data in breach of this regulation.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
There is a lot more that we can see then you will see at a glance, we have to click on an icon to see more about the customer.
BABenchley likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
That's what I am thinking, myself being in finance I know how much it's impacting my life (or the lives around me rather ) but can't imagine BA will find it easy to comply will all sorts of private details being printed everywhere and people having access here and there and everywhere. I would certainly raise a complaint with a regulator if a person handles some of my data in breach of this regulation.
Originally Posted by Worcester

​​​​​​​
Thanks both - a mine of information always available!
Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
There is a lot more that we can see then you will see at a glance, we have to click on an icon to see more about the customer.
Rather Orwellian isn't it?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
Originally Posted by worldtrav
Rather Orwellian isn't it?
Nowhere near as Orwellian as the case study two below the BA study on that page
Old Jan 14, 2018, 3:42 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I like to think there's a secret shorthand for crew to comment... "Gropey on gin" or "total DYKWIA"... obviously mine would be "real sweetheart, feed extra champagne"
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Exec
In fairness, on a typical shorthaul flight there isn't much time to start gawking at the passenger list on the iPad. The information is there for reference (recognition, prioritisation of meals, connections, passing on messages) not for being nosey or forming judgements.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:56 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I wonder how the new GDPR is going to affect theprinted manifests and their sometimes prominent display in the galley and the iPad and its contents.
If the manifest is just a name, seat number and CIV then there's little to worry about I believe. (not saying it's great practice to have it stuck up on a wall of course!) Part of GDPR is PII - Personally Identifiable Information. A name on it's own isn't necessarily PII. Add an address, email, date of birth or phone and then you're in trouble. That's my understanding of it.

Penalties for breach of GDPR is 4% of the whole company's global turnover in the first instance and can be raised depending on the severity of the breach if I remember correctly. And of course, let's not forget the bad ongoing PR this has for the company - as I love to remind the consultants from one of the big firms that was in the news recently that we currently are using...
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
It has future intinaries on it for sure.
TPRun likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.