A personal message from BA?

Old Jan 11, 18, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata Plus
A personal message from BA?

My last two booking references have contained rude words. Are they trying to tell me something?
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jan 11, 18, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ttama View Post
My last two booking references have contained rude words. Are they trying to tell me something?
I understand you can't tell us the words because of the privacy of your PNRs, but if you could pretend to be shocked to complain to customer relations about your trauma and give us the response, I'm sure it would be quite entertaining!
Old Jan 11, 18, 12:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
One of the IT systems I worked on generated alphabetic tags. We were asked to put together a list of off colour words and abbreviations to ensure that anything with them in it could be rejected. Maybe those ones go to a special place to be used for your locators .
ttama likes this.
Old Jan 11, 18, 12:38 pm

About 15 years ago, I got the PNR "2NAKUZ." I still remember it fondly.
Old Jan 11, 18, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata Plus
Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
I understand you can't tell us the words because of the privacy of your PNRs, but if you could pretend to be shocked to complain to customer relations about your trauma and give us the response, I'm sure it would be quite entertaining!
One's anatomically rude and the other's an insult. I don't think I could complain without laughing
Old Jan 12, 18, 10:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
One's anatomically rude and the other's an insult. I don't think I could complain without laughing
Just use the phonetical alphabet to spell them and let the agent draw their own conclusions!
Old Jan 12, 18, 11:13 am

Programs: Former BA/AA/CP/LY employee, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Platinum, Samsung Platinum
They're supposed to be blocked by Amadeus! At least, that's what I understood...

Amadeus also gives each agent a 6 digit ID code, the last two characters of which were known as your agent sign; JAX actually had a Supervisor with the two character agent sign FU, which would get awkward when travel agents would ask for his sign...
Old Jan 12, 18, 1:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Can you just tell us the rude parts of the PNRs?
Old Jan 12, 18, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I have a "You are three Club World" which seems silly as there's only 2 of us, and we're in Club Yerp.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: