Improvement to TA use of GUF vouchers

Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Improvements to GUF

As a Gold Member, you receive a Gold Upgrade voucher for one or two people when you reach at least 2,500 Tier Points. This entitles you (and a companion) to a free cabin upgrade* when you next book British Airways flights with us or a Travel Agent.

We've listened to your feedback and are making improvements to the voucher booking process. If you book with a Travel Agent you no longer need to use it at the time of booking; simply contact us directly up to 24 hours before your flight to upgrade. If you'd like to make any further changes after you've redeemed your voucher, please contact us directly. Your dedicated Gold telephone number is 0800 123 111 or if calling from overseas +44 208 707 4488.

That means it's now easier than ever to enjoy your upgrade. Please note the voucher is only valid if you - the Executive Club Member – is travelling on the booking, and is subject to availability.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Gold Upgrade voucher additional flexibility

Dear ******

As a Gold Member, you receive a Gold Upgrade voucher for one or two people when you reach at least 2,500 Tier Points. This entitles you (and a companion) to a free cabin upgrade* when you next book British Airways flights with us or a Travel Agent.

We've listened to your feedback and are making improvements to the voucher booking process. If you book with a Travel Agent you no longer need to use it at the time of booking; simply contact us directly up to 24 hours before your flight to upgrade. If you'd like to make any further changes after you've redeemed your voucher, please contact us directly. Your dedicated Gold telephone number is 0800 123 111 or if calling from overseas +44 208 707 4488.

That means it's now easier than ever to enjoy your upgrade. Please note the voucher is only valid if you - the Executive Club Member – is travelling on the booking, and is subject to availability

Nice little improvement
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:33 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Gold Upgrade Voucher Flexibility Changes

The below was sent to a colleague:

We've listened to your feedback and are making improvements to the voucher booking process. If you book with a Travel Agent you no longer need to use it at the time of booking; simply contact us directly up to 24 hours before your flight to upgrade. If you'd like to make any further changes after you've redeemed your voucher, please contact us directly. Your dedicated Gold telephone number is xxxxxxxxxx or if calling from overseas +44 xxxxxxxxxxxx

That means it's now easier than ever to enjoy your upgrade. Please note the voucher is only valid if you - the Executive Club Member – is travelling on the booking, and is subject to availability
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:33 am

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
Improvement to TA use of GUF vouchers

oh eye, the Ts&Cs need a look

"Dear BugAlugs
As a Gold Guest List Member, you receive a Gold Upgrade voucher for one or two people when you reach at least 2,500 Tier Points. This entitles you (and a companion) to a free cabin upgrade* when you next book British Airways flights with us or a Travel Agent.

We've listened to your feedback and are making improvements to the voucher booking process. If you book with a Travel Agent you no longer need to use it at the time of booking; simply contact us directly up to 24 hours before your flight to upgrade. If you'd like to make any further changes after you've redeemed your voucher, please contact us directly. Your dedicated Gold telephone number is XXXXX or if calling from overseas XXXX"

That means it's now easier than ever to enjoy your upgrade. Please note the voucher is only valid if you - the Executive Club Member – is travelling on the flight and is subject to availability."

I was sure that I can already use a voucher to upgrade a booking after a TA has booked it if its an upgrade with avios UUA (or a GUF) ... does this now mean we can upgrade a TA booking into the next fare class , not an avios bucket?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:34 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Evidently I wasn't the only one who thought to post

M
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Email received just now.

Nice grammar...
”the voucher is only valid if you - the Executive Club Member – is travelling”

Definately a helpful improvement though.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder if you need Z class for instance, or just A ?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:40 am

Presumably it requires award availability in the upper class - BA would not just book you into revenue class?
So if there is low chance of reward availability - still need to us with TA at the time of booking?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:41 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
As long as a TA can still access revenue inventory for the GUF, I suppose this is an improvement and not an enhancement. But I wonder if the real aim isn’t to remove that capability. Sceptical of me, I know, but this is still Cruz’s BA.
Dave_C likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: BA GGL
Was it always the case that the GUF holder had to be one of the travellers on the booking? I thought not, but maybe I'm mixing it up with the GGL joker, for which the GGL member definitely doesn't need to be one of the travellers.

It says the upgrade is subject to availability, but doesn't say what that actually means. Historically it's meant availability in I for Club or A for First when booking through a travel agent, but it's not clear whether this will now be the case for upgrades made processed through BA.

I'll probably stick to making my GUF bookings entirely with a travel agent as the extra Avios and TPs for the higher cabin tend to post when doing it this way, whereas they might not if upgrading through BA.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
My dark side assumed that they could then remove this as a task from the backoffice support team , with its overnight delays whilst moving it to the more speedy BAEC lines.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
How many threads do we need for this?

"Please note the voucher is only valid if you is travelling on the flight"

Classic BA. Mangling the English language since 1974!
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:44 am

Just got the same email.

As long as they don't remove the ability to do it the current way, then it is indeed an improvement.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...d-card-upgrade

There don't seem to be any changes to the trade page on the letter of the policy that I can see, unless it's not yet been updated.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, I think GUF could be used for other travellers - as long as the holder made the upgrade and paid any taxes etc on their actual card
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, Hilton Diamond, EuroBonus Gold for Life, SPG Plat Elite
I think we can mark this down as a genuine enhancement. I will certainly find it useful.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.