Happy New Year from Alex Cruz

Old Jan 11, 18, 7:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Mapman View Post
Does anyone know how often - and in which cabins - Senor Cruz flies on BA?
I've seen him in Club Europe, Club World and World Traveller so far.
Old Jan 11, 18, 7:58 am

Programs: Former BA/AA/CP/LY employee, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Platinum, Samsung Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
You've met him more than once and he still has all his limbs???

You must be a saint!
choosethedrew and Stez like this.
Old Jan 11, 18, 8:00 am
Moderator, Emirates
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BAEC Silver, EK Blue
Out of interest, which aircraft was he on travelling in WT?

S
Old Jan 11, 18, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC nobody (thankfully)
2 questions...

1) Do you have a secret handshake with him, and send back champagne from Club?

2) Is he trying to be portrayed as Ingvar Kamprad (founder of IKEA, and a fellow Swede)... One of the world’s richest people, but still always fly economy. I can see Club World, but WT???
Old Jan 11, 18, 8:25 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

"British Airways is and always will be a premium airline"

I got mine and responded

"If this is true, why are WT passengers treated as if BA were a LCC - charged for even a bottle water - and why are seat pitch and width being reduced even further with the introduction of the NEO

You have degraded BA to a schizophrenic airline, with a still good premium offering in F and CW (although I recommend you try a flight in CX if you want to see an excellent business class seat), a mediocre product in WTP, and an abysmal 'economy' experience in WT

BA always used to treat its WT passengers as potential future CW and F flyers, guaranteeing future revenue

Now you treat them as a nuisance, only valued as to how much you can charge them for baggage, pre-booking, and BOB

I hope that you sincerely mean what you say, and reverse some of the last year's changes, but I won't be holding my breath"

And I won't be holding my breath for a reply, either
Old Jan 11, 18, 9:12 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Worcester View Post
I think most of the comments have been positive regarding the fact it was sent at all, and the tone, certainly I think so despite not being deemed worthy of an email. What I think winds me us is these words are not matching the actions on the ground so to speak. While there are real improvements from BA, for a lot of people the flying experience this year is likely to get worse.

The best brands engage with peoples emotions, obviously, the BA brand does that, the downside of that people get emotional when they perceive the brand is not what it was.
What is hilarious is that Him Indoors gets an email every month and it included this one from Santa Cruz. I got nothing.

Sorry if I seem a bit flip, but I have been helping out in a NHS hospital clinic in South London as I am a SRN (sister as was) before the airlines got me. . I'm not paid for this and am not in front line treatment, but a very old friend from Barts spoke to me and I said could I help. I have HI fetching tea for everyone! Frankly it has made me a little indifferent to the perpetual complaints about what is essentially a form of transport. No one is going to die from not receiving a message from Alex Cruz, or whether ice cream is served in WT or not. Now I'm not belittling such concerns, merely stating that these are not quite so mind engaging at this time.
Ancient Observer and squawk like this.
Old Jan 11, 18, 9:16 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Saltire74 View Post
Out of interest, which aircraft was he on travelling in WT?
A321, so the CW options are somewhat limited on that aircraft.
Old Jan 11, 18, 9:41 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE View Post
What is hilarious is that Him Indoors gets an email every month and it included this one from Santa Cruz. I got nothing.

Sorry if I seem a bit flip, but I have been helping out in a NHS hospital clinic in South London as I am a SRN (sister as was) before the airlines got me. . I'm not paid for this and am not in front line treatment, but a very old friend from Barts spoke to me and I said could I help. I have HI fetching tea for everyone! Frankly it has made me a little indifferent to the perpetual complaints about what is essentially a form of transport. No one is going to die from not receiving a message from Alex Cruz, or whether ice cream is served in WT or not. Now I'm not belittling such concerns, merely stating that these are not quite so mind engaging at this time.
Sanity then in a forum of madness. You have a very valid point which was well put. I was merely playing devils advoctate. I hope you are not too rush off you feet, if half of what the press say is true about hospitals this month hats off to you.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Jan 11, 18, 9:54 am

"This year, we will be taking delivery of 18 new aircraft, including our first Airbus A320 and A321 'NEOs' with their significantly improved environmental performance."

I had expected him to also write 'with their latest contemporary minimalist interior'.....
Old Jan 11, 18, 10:01 am

Programs: BA
Stelios always set a good example on any EasyJet flight he took when CEO. Always sat last minute in row 1 and then spent much of the normally short flight working back down the cabin, shaking hands, introducing himself, chatting, asking passengers for their views, etc. Does Cruz do this ?
Old Jan 11, 18, 10:23 am

I would actually expect Alex to travel on other carriers as much as possible. Firstly to get an idea what the competition are doing and how they stack up against BA, and secondly to free up a revenue seat for a paying customer.
Old Jan 11, 18, 10:25 am

What on earth were you doing in World Traveller?
Old Jan 11, 18, 10:27 am
Moderator, Emirates
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BAEC Silver, EK Blue
A321, so the CW options are somewhat limited on that aircraft.
So it wasn’t the ‘pleasure’ of a 787 then

​​​​​​​S
orbitmic and Stez like this.
Old Jan 11, 18, 10:28 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by rapidex View Post
What on earth were you doing in World Traveller?
Morbid fascination at the desolate and bleak wasteland to be found at the back end of the plane, before escaping back to the safety of CW
rapidex likes this.
Old Jan 11, 18, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Dave_C View Post
I would actually expect Alex to travel on other carriers as much as possible.
I think your autocorrect changed 'hope' to 'expect', as I assume you know far better

Search this Thread