FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Airport Upgrades (AUP) promotion 2018 thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1887495-airport-upgrades-aup-promotion-2018-thread.html)

henley Mar 18, 2018 5:23 am

SEA-LHR last night offered J-F for a "discounted" $496 was tempted but I sleep better in CW and don't eat until b/fast anyway

TPRun Mar 18, 2018 11:52 am

I understand you can't upgrade with money on MMB on trips with a surface sector but can you AUP them?

BertieBadger Mar 18, 2018 11:57 am

Originally Posted by TPRun (Post 29539307)
I understand you can't upgrade with money on MMB on trips with a surface sector but can you AUP them?

By my experience yes. Was quoted an AUP returning from YUL on an open jaw last year (declined as too expensive)

TPRun Mar 18, 2018 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by BertieBadger (Post 29539327)
By my experience yes. Was quoted an AUP returning from YUL on an open jaw last year (declined as too expensive)

That's helpful to know - thanks!
Along the same line of thinking, does that also mean I wouldn't get a POUG offer via online check in?

BertieBadger Mar 18, 2018 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by TPRun (Post 29539353)
That's helpful to know - thanks!
Along the same line of thinking, does that also mean I wouldn't get a POUG offer via online check in?

That is my understanding yes, no POUG unfortunately. But AUP should be available

TPRun Mar 18, 2018 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by BertieBadger (Post 29539358)
That is my understanding yes, no POUG unfortunately. But AUP should be available

doh. I could have done with the extra baggage allowance :D

BertieBadger Mar 18, 2018 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by TPRun (Post 29539376)
doh. I could have done with the extra baggage allowance :D

I should add that's just my understanding, but yeah, I wouldn't pin any hopes on it. You'll just have to max out your cabin baggage :)

TPRun Mar 18, 2018 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by BertieBadger (Post 29539383)
I should add that's just my understanding, but yeah, I wouldn't pin any hopes on it. You'll just have to max out your cabin baggage :)

Appreciate that. Spent a bit of time tonight doing strategic packing :D I'm sorted.

Cheers

Lucanesque Mar 20, 2018 3:20 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 29311691)
Yes you cam, provided it is a public fare. Even this may have changed recently since I see there is a new module on FLY for AUP (new in terms of payment process, not sure if new in terms of fare reconstruction). In the past the only certain non BA private fares were excluded from AUP (e.g. travel trade special fares). If it's AA, who ticket overwhelmingly into public fares, I can't see a problem.

Hi CWS, we're a couple of months on, is this still the case? I've some travel to JFK coming up and it's looking far cheaper to ticket through IB than direct with BA, and would be keen to AUP as my client policy forces me further back than I'd like to be ;)

corporate-wage-slave Mar 20, 2018 6:22 am

Originally Posted by Lucanesque (Post 29545501)
Hi CWS, we're a couple of months on, is this still the case? I've some travel to JFK coming up and it's looking far cheaper to ticket through IB than direct with BA, and would be keen to AUP as my client policy forces me further back than I'd like to be ;)

Yes, being on an IB ticket should be fine, that would be a published fare. However note that if you mean CW for LHR to JFK, my suspicion is that AUPs are restricted in number on that route, from overhearing conversations, this being such a key market for BA. On the other hand if you are on an 86J 747 in WTP then you may end up going forward anyway. As ever, ticket with what you expect to travel, and anything else is a bonus.

Lucanesque Mar 20, 2018 6:31 am

Thanks CWS for the speedy response! I've lucked out on my last couple of LHR-JFK trips being upgraded on both legs and only finding out when I go to the desk to buy an AUP. I always set my expectations low, so if it happens it happens, and if I can buy an AUP I can buy an AUP, if I can't then the world won't end as I'm booked on the daytime flights in both directions ^

TPRun Mar 20, 2018 6:55 am

Lhr-muc £117 et-ce

stephem Mar 22, 2018 3:44 am

Pretty standard £629 rate for an AUP on LHR-SEA today. The flight was showing F5/A5 when i landed from NBO and I figured I’d enjoy some CCR time and the last leg home after a compressed trip to NBO. Bummer that these dont credit to AA as A fare like they do when credited to Avios.

rapidex Mar 22, 2018 9:39 am

LHR-BEY-LHR got an opup on the way out with mrs rapidex.Not looking good for the way home but we were offered AUP Y to CW for $550. took it and she got the CW Avios and Tier points and I got the standard Y.Both on the same PNR. BA still manages to find ways to baffle me.

NcSchu Mar 22, 2018 6:15 pm

[message deleted - wrong topic]