I got caught pilfering!

Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by criso
Just before Christmas my sister who was with me saw someone pocketing handfuls of Twinnings teabags in the Galleries lounge at T5 which I thought was going a bit too far. A packet of crisps or biscuits in case there are delays is one thing but restocking your kitchen cupboards is another.
Some hotels have rubbish tea selections. We usually bring our own tea bags but have been known to take a couple of bags from galleries when we have forgotten.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:36 am

I admit, I have a problem. I'm already planning how I'll store my two bags of crisps from GF next week when only flying with my backpack and a small suit bag.

But seriously, I can't stand it when the FAs empty the club larder. On my flight prior to the holidays to a long haul outstation, not even halfway through the flight, I saw three of them emptying it into cooler bags. I should be the one doing that.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ All the AMEX Plat things
Originally Posted by vindaloo
I'm not telling you about my BA lounge shenanigans because I don't want BA to replace the bags of Kettle Chips with a plate of crisps as some other airlines do, presumably to make pilfering more difficult.

I will mention the Finnair First lounge near the BA departure gate at HEL though. I often make a short (40 minutes) connection at HEL and often pop into the lounge for one minute just to grab a bottle of water, but they force you to consume the whole thing in the lounge or leave some of it behind. Since you have to request the drinks from behind the counter you can't even grab one and do a runner while they're not looking.
I will admit that I have taken 2 cans of pop from the Finnair lounge fridge as I had been partying like proper Finnish style the night before and was nursing a hangover! They were also the full 330ml cans, the equivalent of more than 4 of the BA ones!!😮😮
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:03 am

Going to Hell

I have to agree with Worcester, going to Hell doesn't seem much of a punishment.Instead of going to Hell, I think your Spirit should be condemned to fly in the Main Cabin of AA flights, you will then be truly repentful.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
swiped a large 1L bottle of these from JAL F lounge at NRT, to replenish the sweat on the warm 777 to ORD

to be fair, that might have been the only redeeming quality of an F lounge. Everything else was barely J
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Berniecfc
I have to agree with Worcester, going to Hell doesn't seem much of a punishment.Instead of going to Hell, I think your Spirit should be condemned to fly in the Main Cabin of AA flights, you will then be truly repentful.
I'll take main cabin on AA over a BA Euro Traveller experience any day of the week.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Which translates as: what I do cannot be construed as abuse

I guess those less cautious than you, more lavish in planning hotel picnics, are the ones that should be censured
The whole point of this thread (humor notwithstanding) is commentary on where to draw the line. My personal (and comparatively modest) "pilferage" is limited to a handful of visits per year, and zero from BA. But fire away...
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: TG, SQ. Amex
I had an amusing experience onboard SQ fro AKL to SIN last year. Exit row in economy and an empty seat between myself and an English guy. He was on a mission to get sozzled, going back to the galley often and getting two Singapore slings every time. He drank 16, yes I counted, 16. The attendant delivered nos 17 and 18 and when she handed one of them to me and I refused indicating that I wasn't drinking, the look of astonishment on her face was priceless. She took no 18 back despite the protestations of my fellow traveler who promptly fell asleep, snoring.
adrianlondon, RoyalSwazi and RG1X like this.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:24 pm
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by criso
Just before Christmas my sister who was with me saw someone pocketing handfuls of Twinnings teabags in the Galleries lounge at T5 which I thought was going a bit too far. A packet of crisps or biscuits in case there are delays is one thing but restocking your kitchen cupboards is another.
That may have been me! I usually take one for each day I am away, just in case the hotel tea is not to my liking or absent.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Worcester
As an experiment, I have posted the Ops post to Mumsnet.
https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_be...unge?watched=1

Lets see how it compares....
If nothing else, we see what a different posting style and accepted language there is on Mumsnet compared to FT which might be why I spend much more time there than I do on FT, I used to look at FT all the time but most of my time wasting is now spent on AIBU. Anyway some think Worster's friend is a CF (cheeky ......) and some don't. My favourite, straight to the point reply:

Oh who could possibly give a f*** about 2 cans of coke?

Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by Crisphoarder

But seriously, I can't stand it when the FAs empty the club larder. On my flight prior to the holidays to a long haul outstation, not even halfway through the flight, I saw three of them emptying it into cooler bags. I should be the one doing that.
On my way to the lavatory in the middle of the night AUS-LHR last week I bumped into one of the First Officers on his way back to the front with armfuls of yellow kettle crisps and mini chocolate bars.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Seems to be the confessional thread. A friend was similarly chastised for packing away a couple of bags of crisps, something I freely admit to taking for that first round of inflight drinks. (I'm not a fan of BA's tiny pack of nuts.) Last month I did liberate two cans of Fever-Tree Tonic Water which is not readily available in North America. My G&T fanatic friends and I had a pleasant pre-Christmas tasting comparing various tonics and craft distilled gins. I like to think I do this act of liberation discretely.

My worst offence: when I'm flying from GRU, liberating copious numbers of Brazilian sugar bags.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
swiped a large 1L bottle of these from JAL F lounge at NRT, to replenish the sweat on the warm 777 to ORD

to be fair, that might have been the only redeeming quality of an F lounge. Everything else was barely J
You must have missed the sushi bar...or the selection of Japanese whiskeys ranging from 12 to 18 years. (Now a Habiki 18 year old is worth filling that water bottle with!)
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Last month I did liberate two cans of Fever-Tree Tonic Water which is not readily available in North America.
Come west! The London Drugs chain in BC and Alberta carries it.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: AA UA BA
Cool My momma always told me ...

Stealing is stealing

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.