Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

4K disappeared from seat map - 3 year old moved to different row

Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond

I mentioned in the OLCI thread an issue of checking in for part of my family. I can now see the seat map and whilst I had originally booked the whole of row 4 for my family, 4K seems to have disappeared from the seat map and my 3 year old has been moved to row 2.

Is this just an issue with how BA.com is displaying the seat map or is this reality and Ill need to figure out something when I get to the airport?

thanks in advance.

​​​​​​​
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

That's the seating plan for a 12F 777 so I am assuming there has been an aircraft change.

http://thebasource.com/seatmaps/77e/12f48j32w127y.html
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Yes, you've been moved to the aircraft with the crew rest where 3K and 4K might be.

I suggest you call up BA and explain the situation, and ask them to swap the occupant of 3K with your child. Or whatever other change you want that will get your children seated next to an adult responsible for them, as required for safety.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Suggest a call to YouFirst explaining the situation.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
If 3A wont or cant be moved, could an adult go in 2A and move the 3-y-o to Row 4?

You appear to have 4F as one of your seats - my favourite in the whole BA fleet in 12-F config. Totally private and no foot traffic !
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
If anyone is able to PM me the number for YouFirst I’d appreciate that.

My wife and I are travelling with our 4yr old, 3yr old and 11 month old, so 4F was chosen as the only bassinet seat. Looking at the map, PETER01 kindly supplied, it looks like neither 2A or 3A align with 2E. Anyone know which one (2A or 3A) is closer if I chose 2E? I could ask for 2E & 2F but not sure how easy that’ll be as 2F is already assigned.

thanks
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by silonic
If anyone is able to PM me the number for YouFirst Id appreciate that.
It's published here: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...d=youfirstform

(Obtained from ba.com/youfirst )

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.