Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : 2018 timetable : BA flights, operated by Titan Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
A320 G-POWK 168 seats, 28 rows 'Low density' configuration
Aircraft Information
Seat Plan

A320 G-POWM 180 seats, 30 rows
Aircraft Information
Seat Plan

B734 G-POWS 146 seats, 25 rows
Aircraft Information
Seat Plan

For details of the Eastern lease services from LGW, see this thread:
BA leasing T3 [Eastern Airways] Embraer 170 for LGW flights
Print Wikipost

FAQ : 2018 timetable : BA flights, operated by Titan Airways

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2018, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by rapidex
My source inside Titan told me BA have requested more aircraft and Titan are currently recruiting and training more crew, so who knows what will turn up. I would not entirely rule out the B767 putting in an appearance at LGW.
The idea of a Titan 767 in ‘CE’ to MLA in Sep is becoming really quite appealing!!
Old Mar 18, 2018, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by T8191
The idea of a Titan 767 in ‘CE’ to MLA in Sep is becoming really quite appealing!!
But LGW-JFK is more likely
710 77345 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 2:58 am

We flew in Club Europe with Titan last night. Nice-LGW I think it was a 347. There was no separate cabin. We were sat in the exact same seats as economy, with just the centre seat being vacant The crew were good. We did get a chicken salad and plenty of drinks but having seen the cabin I would certainly not knowingly book a Titan flight again in Club Europe. We were very disappointed.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by Upupandawaywego
We flew in Club Europe with Titan last night. Nice-LGW I think it was a 347. There was no separate cabin. We were sat in the exact same seats as economy, with just the centre seat being vacant The crew were good. We did get a chicken salad and plenty of drinks but having seen the cabin I would certainly not knowingly book a Titan flight again in Club Europe. We were very disappointed.
If you fly BA Club Europe you will sit in the exact same seats as economy with just the centre seat being vacant.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by rapidex
If you fly BA Club Europe you will sit in the exact same seats as economy with just the centre seat being vacant.
We flew out with BA Club Europe and it was a very different experience than our return on the Titan flight
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:38 am

We flew out with BA Club Europe and it was a very different experience than our return on the Titan flight
In what way?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Well, having checked my flight to Rhodes later this year, it appears that I've been "un-Titaned", as the flight is now showing up as operated by BA in MMB. Rather disappointing as I was looking forward to getting some free food and drink for a change in ET.

In fact, it's starting to feel like I've been downgraded. How many squillion Avios should I be pushing for in comp for being forced to fly on a BA plane?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 2:23 pm

We were sat in the exact same seats as economy, with just the centre seat being vacant The crew were good. We did get a chicken salad and plenty of drinks...,
Isn't that exactly what CE is?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Red
I'm looking at Business Class using Avios, LGW-AGP:
Option 1: BA
Option 2: Titan 10 minutes later

Is the consensus that for virtually identical itineries, Titan could be better?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:36 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BardLucyHumeXI
I'm looking at Business Class using Avios, LGW-AGP:
Option 1: BA
Option 2: Titan 10 minutes later

Is the consensus that for virtually identical itineries, Titan could be better?
Depends if you value the middle seat table or not, really, and maybe whether on BA you can get row 1 (or row 2D-F on the G-GAT aircraft). The food and drink is the same, ground experience the same, in ET I would bias towards Titan due to onboard refreshments and perhaps a bit more space. In the past Avios redemptions on Titan didn't get full RFS benefits (ie. you would have to pay the full fees) without calling in, that may now be fixed.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
I had CE LGW-AMS last week on Titan. Very pleasant flight, was pretty full but the crew were good at getting all the bags done and we left on time. Middle seat has a tray across the same as BA, service was quick. Food choice was Croque Monsieur or Prawn Quinoa Salad and a chocolate caramel mousse. Full choice of drinks like BA. Didn't see much different really, except a newer cleaner plane then you'd get from BA !

Only thing was, there were 2 'self-upgraders' that made it into CE seats and the crew didn't seem to notice or care, but they seemed to have a lot of food so no harm done
Old Mar 29, 2018, 3:32 pm

Titan Airways carrier change: what are my options?

Have just discovered that BA changing operator to Titan for FAO flight . Am booked in club Europe so don’t want to take Titan. What are my options?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Honours Silver, Marriott, Hyatt, IHG
Originally Posted by Mo18
Have just discovered that BA changing operator to Titan for FAO flight . Am booked in club Europe so don’t want to take Titan. What are my options?
If I was you I would stick with Titan, effectively the same product and marginally more space assuming 168CY A320 versus BA LGW 177CY. Why don't you want to take them?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Porky Speedpig
If I was you I would stick with Titan, effectively the same product and marginally more space assuming 168CY A320 versus BA LGW 177CY. Why don't you want to take them?
Thank you. Titan site doesn’t confirm existence of business class cabin , does not provide BA catering (that might be an advantage though it has improved marginally) unsure if sufficient overhead locker space as would only have carryon . So overall if I had wanted to fly on a charter carrier I would have booked one. BA site says can change to an alternative flight if available but have to call them . Would prefer to know my options though before calling as that seems to be almost take it or leave it despite BA changing the carrier.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
See also

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ways-a320.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.