Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : 2018 timetable : BA flights, operated by Titan Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
A320 G-POWK 168 seats, 28 rows 'Low density' configuration
Aircraft Information
Seat Plan

A320 G-POWM 180 seats, 30 rows
Aircraft Information
Seat Plan

B734 G-POWS 146 seats, 25 rows
Aircraft Information
Seat Plan

For details of the Eastern lease services from LGW, see this thread:
BA leasing T3 [Eastern Airways] Embraer 170 for LGW flights
Print Wikipost

FAQ : 2018 timetable : BA flights, operated by Titan Airways

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:09 pm
Suspended

It’d be great if their B767 G-POWD made an appearance on some routes with wide 2-2-2 business class seating.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: QF Gold
How do these flights appear when crediting to another OneWorld program, does the wet lease mean they'd still be seen as a BA-operated flight ie OneWorld metal, or would they appear like a codeshare ie "BA operated by Aer Lingus"?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Originally Posted by wellsy
How do these flights appear when crediting to another OneWorld program, does the wet lease mean they'd still be seen as a BA-operated flight ie OneWorld metal, or would they appear like a codeshare ie "BA operated by Aer Lingus"?
I would expect them to appear as a BA operated flight. Anyone got any practical experience?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by wellsy
They are a BA flight in everything except the paint scheme and the odd service improvement.
BorisBrownBear likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
Thanks everyone It will be an experience I guess.

We are going Benidorm for 10 days for Summer hols. Its an early flight so booked into the Hilton for the night before, and for an extra treat have requested upgrade to exec room on the e-standby thing... hopefully that will be accepted.

Feeling a lot more relaxed about it now
T8191 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by hungry
Thanks everyone It will be an experience I guess.

We are going Benidorm for 10 days for Summer hols. Its an early flight so booked into the Hilton for the night before, and for an extra treat have requested upgrade to exec room on the e-standby thing... hopefully that will be accepted.

Feeling a lot more relaxed about it now
Titan have recruited a number of the crew laid off when Monarch went bust. They have some good people.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by rapidex
They are a BA flight in everything except the paint scheme and the odd service improvement.
And they won’t let you use gold priority reward on them. As reported elsewhere, probably due to an IT issue rather than anything else.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by volar

And they won’t let you use gold priority reward on them. As reported elsewhere, probably due to an IT issue rather than anything else.
I booked some friends on a BA Titan flight on an RFS. The taxes priced out to £87. When I called in the lovely person in Didsbury said it was a website error, repriced it and reported the error to IT.

These are BA flights in all respects. Call in until you get someone who knows how to override the booking system and sell you a gold priority award.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Mar 14, 2018 at 12:00 am Reason: Fix quote box
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:33 pm

These are BA flights in all respects. Call in until you get someone who knows how to override the booking system and sell you a gold priority award.
Well, I spoke to 3 different agents, 2 of whom checked with their supervisors and all said it was not possible. Specifically that the functionality needed to convert a revenue seat to a reward seat as needed for GPR was not available on their system for the flight. I was pretty peeved since I'd been relying on GPR to get somebody onto a very expensive flight with me and, as for the OP this was a BA flight when I booked it (and I also received no notification of the change to Titan). I made alternative arrangements in the end.

Anyway, I have no issues with Titan themselves - I'm quite looking forward to trying them out actually!
Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by volar
Well, I spoke to 3 different agents, 2 of whom checked with their supervisors and all said it was not possible. Specifically that the functionality needed to convert a revenue seat to a reward seat as needed for GPR was not available on their system for the flight. I was pretty peeved since I'd been relying on GPR to get somebody onto a very expensive flight with me and, as for the OP this was a BA flight when I booked it (and I also received no notification of the change to Titan). I made alternative arrangements in the end.

Anyway, I have no issues with Titan themselves - I'm quite looking forward to trying them out actually!
Sadly you are being fed duff gen. Not all the agents know the rules. I was lucky to get a senior person in Didsbury who knew a/ the rules, b/how to manually override the BA computer, and c/ how to inform IT to modify the IT system.
.Not all agents know the rules or care enough to help.In your shoes I would complain to Customer services in Newcastle.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Sadly you are being fed duff gen. Not all the agents know the rules. I was lucky to get a senior person in Didsbury who knew a/ the rules, b/how to manually override the BA computer, and c/ how to inform IT to modify the IT system.
That a time-served agent in Didsbury could do it makes me think it will need doing natively in Amadeus to bypass the usual front-ends and middleware that would be blocking it.
lcylocal likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I think volar did this fairly soon after the Titans (etc) got plugged into the system, and being the first person - or one of the first people - with a particular "odd" issue is sometimes not a great place to be. This certainly isn't volar's fault, but it may well be that leaving it a while will allow BA to get their act together on this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I think volar did this fairly soon after the Titans (etc) got plugged into the system, and being the first person - or one of the first people - with a particular "odd" issue is sometimes not a great place to be. This certainly isn't volar's fault, but it may well be that leaving it a while will allow BA to get their act together on this.
Thanks CWS (and rapidex). Hopefully BA will sort this out at some point.

I actually got an OK outcome as the agent did care enough to find me (without asking) a standard redemption for my companion on a different flight (from LCY) with very similar timings, and I saved a stack of avios as a result.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:51 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Having seen "Operated by Titan Airways" all over BA's LGW summer 2018 schedules (and already being booked onto 2 of these flights myself), I've consolidated a number of recent threads into a "Titan 2018" FAQ thread, which hopefully will prove a useful resource over the coming months.

This is intended specifically for the 2018 aircraft and service, which reportedly is only A320.

I'm presuming the aircraft is the 168-seat G-POWK, with the middle-seat-shelf business-class seating, rather than the 180-seat all-Y G-POWM.

A wiki at the head of this thread is available for enterprising FT members to summarise the 2018 Titan operation for BA, and distil out the main items from the thread into an FAQ.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Having seen "Operated by Titan Airways" all over BA's LGW summer 2018 schedules (and already being booked onto 2 of these flights myself), I've consolidated a number of recent threads into a "Titan 2018" FAQ thread, which hopefully will prove a useful resource over the coming months.

This is intended specifically for the 2018 aircraft and service, which reportedly is only A320.

I'm presuming the aircraft is the 168-seat G-POWK, with the middle-seat-shelf business-class seating, rather than the 180-seat all-Y G-POWM.

A wiki at the head of this thread is available for enterprising FT members to summarise the 2018 Titan operation for BA, and distil out the main items from the thread into an FAQ.
My source inside Titan told me BA have requested more aircraft and Titan are currently recruiting and training more crew, so who knows what will turn up. I would not entirely rule out the B767 putting in an appearance at LGW.
T8191 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.