Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : 2018 timetable : BA flights, operated by Titan Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
A320 G-POWK 168 seats, 28 rows 'Low density' configuration
Aircraft Information
Seat Plan

A320 G-POWM 180 seats, 30 rows
Aircraft Information
Seat Plan

B734 G-POWS 146 seats, 25 rows
Aircraft Information
Seat Plan

For details of the Eastern lease services from LGW, see this thread:
BA leasing T3 [Eastern Airways] Embraer 170 for LGW flights
Print Wikipost

FAQ : 2018 timetable : BA flights, operated by Titan Airways

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Danusa86
Ah great news then!

Won't there be all the "this flight is not operated by a OW Alliance member" crap they say with Vueling to deny you lounge access?
This is a different set up. On the Vueling flights BA were selling tickets on a Vueling service

Here Titan is basically providing the aircraft for a BA service. So to all intents and purposes it is a BA flight
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by lehovec
When couple of years ago EZY used them for three months, full EZY BOB was provided. Titan provides services to many airlines and their crew can one day operate VIP service and then the next day BOB service. Their crew are very adaptable and used to different service levels, so I believe it is BA's decision not Titan's. I remember about 8 years ago when Titan did some adhoc flights for BA, it was BA's catering on board.
You are quite correct that its BA's decision. I merely suggested that for a lease of a year or so BA seemed to not wish to go through the trouble of training the Titan crews on their bob terminals. There may be some other reason such as not wanting outside crews seeing what the terminals show.I'm not sure if an Avios balance can be checked.However BA have decided for now.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Deltus
Yes, exactly the same as if you were on BA, until you get to the plane.
Originally Posted by DorsetKnob
Then its better!
Morecambe & Wise live on .........
Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Gold priority reward - not on Titan-operated flights?

Hi all,

Just tried to book a gold priority reward and I was told that this is not possible as the flight I wanted to book on is operated by Titan. I called again, got the same agent who checked with a manager and told me the same thing again (as an aside, I didn't actually know I was on a Titan aircraft as the app says "operated by British Airways" however BA.com says "operated by Titan"!)

Is this correct? The T&Cs state that gold priority reward is "Only available on British Airways marketed and operated flights" but does this also apply on Titan wet-leased flights?

Thing is, I booked another one of these last week on a Titan-operated flight with no problem. Is the agent misinformed or did I get lucky with my other booking? Grateful for any advice as I'm trying to get a family member on the same flight as me.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:05 am
Suspended

I’m guessing these flights are costing them too much and revenue desperation prevents these rewards.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
The same issue goes for American Express 2-4-1 vouchers. OP are you trying to get to Seville by any chance ?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Starbucks Gold,
You cant book a GPR on a BACF from LCY - has to be mainline BA so that might have something to do with it.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Flame3601
The same issue goes for American Express 2-4-1 vouchers. OP are you trying to get to Seville by any chance ?
Palma, at half term . BA are currently asking cŁ500 return in economy on the dates I want (as are Easyjet and Ryanair).

I'm already booked - trying to add somebody else to the party is the problem. Incidentally this flight was originally operated by BA and I redeemed a Lloyds upgrade for two voucher on it.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by MrMutton
You cant book a GPR on a BACF from LCY - has to be mainline BA so that might have something to do with it.
Yes, that's actually what the T&Cs say but then I'd expect that on a BACF flight. My flights are mainline BA with normal BA codes but are being operated by wet leased aircraft due to BA's shortage of planes.

Annoyingly, both my outward and return were operated by BA when I booked but have since both changed to Titan - or course I didn't get any notification of this and the BA app still says operated by BA. As I said though, I managed to book a GPR on the return flight only last week and that had already changed to Titan at that point - it's the outbound which is now the issue. I will try again and report back...
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:09 am

The Titan operated flights are BA flights with a different paint scheme. Call back until you get a different agent.

I booked an RFS to Porto and the website tried to charge me Ł87 in taxes. I called in and got a lovely agent who manually put through the correct charges and sent a message to IT to get them to update the website. There are some anomalies, but these flights are BA flights with BA rules.
volar likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Agreed, it makes no sense to exclude wet-leased mainline flights. The rule is in place because other operators do their own inventory management but clearly BA is the real operator in these instances.
710 77345 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I am almost certain it's an IT glitch, which is turning the inventory off BA's control (which is not actually the case) on their systems, thanks to whatever flag that indicates it's not BA metal. What happened in previous cases in recent years is that RFS and related redemptions don't properly work, so there is availability with Peak Avios, but the taxes/fees are a lot highe). Initially Contact Centres played hardball but eventually it was possible to persuade agents to treat these flights in the normal way for RFS and presumably GPR.
rapidex likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I am almost certain it's an IT glitch, which is turning the inventory off BA's control (which is not actually the case) on their systems, thanks to whatever flag that indicates it's not BA metal. What happened in previous cases in recent years is that RFS and related redemptions don't properly work, so there is availability with Peak Avios, but the taxes/fees are a lot highe). Initially Contact Centres played hardball but eventually it was possible to persuade agents to treat these flights in the normal way for RFS and presumably GPR.
I tried again and got a different agent, but the same answer. She specifically said 'the functionality we need to convert a revenue seat to a reward seat doesn't appear on my screen' so as you say, possibly an IT glitch. Checked with the duty manager who also confirmed it's not possible.

However, the agent helpfully pointed out that a standard reward seat was available on a different flight (from LCY), landing at exactly the same time as the flight I'm booked on - so I grabbed that instead (it must have opened up overnight). It's not ideal that we're not flying together but we at least land at the same time, and I've saved some Avios in the process by using a standard RFS instead.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: BAEC
Titan Airways (BA) flights reviews

I don't think there are any threads about this (except for it been mentioned in the LGW busy summer topic), so I thought I would open this thread so people who have travelled on any of the Titan Airways operated flights can give some feedback.

I have 3 flights booked with them in August/Setpember to SVQ and ALC, 2 of them in ET and 1 in CE, so it would be good to know what to expect.

Some example questions:
  • Are the seats the same? Any more legroom? Do seats recline?
  • Are there complimentary snacks/drinks in Economy?
  • How is the catering in Club Europe? Any different from BA?
Thanks
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold; Accor Le Club Gold
I flew a Titan flight into LGW last week. The plane was clean and modern. I was in 4F. There was a curtain a few rows back with the crew closed after take-off.

I was in CE. There was a plastic table across 4E. They served Club Europe branded food and the same drinks. They were slow getting started with the service but no problem asking for top-ups of soft drinks, champagne and coffee.

They advertised an in-flight entertainment system accessed from your own device. The advised of the need to download an app while taxiing which I did. Then in flight there was a WiFi network to connect to which allowed the app to stream films and TV programmes. There weren't many options and I knew literally none of the films and it all seemed rather low budget so I didn't try to watch anything. Nice idea though.

Crew were friendly and helpful and the pilots' commentary was typical. Overall it was almost indistinguishable from a BA operated flight. I would have no hesitation in booking a Titan-operated flight again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.