Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : 2018 timetable : BA flights, operated by Titan Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
A320 G-POWK 168 seats, 28 rows 'Low density' configuration
Aircraft Information
Seat Plan

A320 G-POWM 180 seats, 30 rows
Aircraft Information
Seat Plan

B734 G-POWS 146 seats, 25 rows
Aircraft Information
Seat Plan

For details of the Eastern lease services from LGW, see this thread:
BA leasing T3 [Eastern Airways] Embraer 170 for LGW flights
Print Wikipost

FAQ : 2018 timetable : BA flights, operated by Titan Airways

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:10 am

Thanks for the ridiculously fast replies florens & cws. I only had enough time to go to the kitchen, pour a cup of coffee and re-open my laptop before you'd both replied.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:35 am

I think my LGW to ACE flight in June this year may potentially be a Titan A320. Does anyone one know if the seats I have pre-booked (over wing extra legroom) will get mucked up if it is a Titan aircraft? Thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by durlockminster
I think my LGW to ACE flight in June this year may potentially be a Titan A320. Does anyone one know if the seats I have pre-booked (over wing extra legroom) will get mucked up if it is a Titan aircraft? Thanks.
Check if it says ‘Titan’ by the flight number on your booking. Aircraft changes usually mean mucked up seat prebooking.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
BA/Titan on the ground benefits

Hi everybody,

I'm sure this question has been asked countless of times but ... I can't find any thread.

I'm a BA Gold booked on BA2583 Venice to London on March 9th. The flight is operated by Titan Airways.

Do you know if as a BA Gold I'm entitled to the usual treatment on the ground such as priority at security, check-in, boarding and lounge access for me + 1 guest? or the fact that Titan operates this makes everything void?

I'm flying Y

Thank you!
Old Feb 24, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Yes, exactly the same as if you were on BA, until you get to the plane.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
Originally Posted by Deltus
Then its better!
Old Feb 24, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: BAEC
What is offered onboard? Basic free catering? I have a LHR-DUB next week op by EI (BA826).
Old Feb 24, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
Ah great news then!

Won't there be all the "this flight is not operated by a OW Alliance member" crap they say with Vueling to deny you lounge access?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 2:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Danusa86
Ah great news then!

Won't there be all the "this flight is not operated by a OW Alliance member" crap they say with Vueling to deny you lounge access?
At the risk of repeating Deltus' post, lounge access is not affected by these leased flight. Titan flights are not codeshares.

shefgab: you will get some free catering, just make sure you are ready to receive it, apparently people decline the offering thinking that they will be charged, more details here in the more recent posts:
DUB BA Operated Flights Became Aer Lingus Operated
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
At the risk of repeating Deltus' post, lounge access is not affected by these leased flight. Titan flights are not codeshares.

shefgab: you will get some free catering, just make sure you are ready to receive it, apparently people decline the offering thinking that they will be charged, more details here in the more recent posts:
DUB BA Operated Flights Became Aer Lingus Operated
CWS, is free catering a consistent feature on Titan operated flights? I've got one in the summer to Rhodes and it was advertised as BoB, so that's what I'm geared up for. If however we get something for free, that would be a bonus given the journey length...

if the free offering stretches to wine, even better!
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:11 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ratechaser
CWS, is free catering a consistent feature on Titan operated flights? I've got one in the summer to Rhodes and it was advertised as BoB, so that's what I'm geared up for. If however we get something for free, that would be a bonus given the journey length...

if the free offering stretches to wine, even better!
In previous Titan / wet lease operations it has proven too difficult to move BA's BoB operation (and probably more saliently its POS) over to other airline companies, so a free offering is made instead. If you look at the Aer Lingus switches, emails went out to customers stating that, though I guess you haven't received anything from BA about this. Another example was the Qatar switches during the strike period.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 12:20 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I’m curious why they Still have catering for these wet leased planes? Wouldn’t it be easier to just say no catering at all?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by sxc
I’m curious why they Still have catering for these wet leased planes? Wouldn’t it be easier to just say no catering at all?
The "aircraft prepared for service weight" or aps weight is pre calculated and can easily be added to the payload for the zero fuel weight for the loadsheet. Start messing with the aps weight then weight and trim recalculations will need to be made. All this can be re-calculated, the bars can be left behind but then what do you do about crew meals etc, so in the end it is just easier to load what Titan normally do. I have travelled on a Titan flight not BA, and we were given drinks and a meal, so I guess for simplicity that is whats happening.

If this was going to be a 5 year lease then it would be worth BA retraining Titan crews and supplying bob, but for a year or so just to much effort.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:21 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I expect it is equally difficult for BA to change a message in their website, hence your Titan operated flight is shown as if BA operated with BoB.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:23 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by rapidex
The "aircraft prepared for service weight" or aps weight is pre calculated and can easily be added to the payload for the zero fuel weight for the loadsheet. Start messing with the aps weight then weight and trim recalculations will need to be made. All this can be re-calculated, the bars can be left behind but then what do you do about crew meals etc, so in the end it is just easier to load what Titan normally do. I have travelled on a Titan flight not BA, and we were given drinks and a meal, so I guess for simplicity that is whats happening.

If this was going to be a 5 year lease then it would be worth BA retraining Titan crews and supplying bob, but for a year or so just to much effort.
When couple of years ago EZY used them for three months, full EZY BOB was provided. Titan provides services to many airlines and their crew can one day operate VIP service and then the next day BOB service. Their crew are very adaptable and used to different service levels, so I believe it is BA's decision not Titan's. I remember about 8 years ago when Titan did some adhoc flights for BA, it was BA's catering on board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.