Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : 2018 timetable : BA flights, operated by Titan Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
A320 G-POWK 168 seats, 28 rows 'Low density' configuration
Aircraft Information
Seat Plan

A320 G-POWM 180 seats, 30 rows
Aircraft Information
Seat Plan

B734 G-POWS 146 seats, 25 rows
Aircraft Information
Seat Plan

For details of the Eastern lease services from LGW, see this thread:
BA leasing T3 [Eastern Airways] Embraer 170 for LGW flights
Print Wikipost

FAQ : 2018 timetable : BA flights, operated by Titan Airways

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2018, 12:35 pm

Access to business lounge?

Sorry to get on this bandwagon but I am just about to book BA business class air miles seats on Titan (only air miles seats available on the day I want to travel). If I have booked business class will I still be able to access the BA business class lounge? This is important to me as the purpose of our trip is to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary!
Old Apr 21, 2018, 12:57 pm

Yes. Standard BA proposition with different paint on the outside of the plane.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 1:14 pm

Thankyou-don’t want to bother using up the necessary air miles for business and not get all the benefits..
Old Apr 21, 2018, 1:49 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Nicci
Thankyou-don’t want to bother using up the necessary air miles for business and not get all the benefits..
And that's completely understandable, but the difference made by taking a Titan flight is going to be quite small, many travellers would struggle to see the difference. May be worth reading upthread.

But before you do that, allow me to welcome you to Flyertalk and to the BA Forum, it's good to see you here, welcome on board Nicci.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Apr 21, 2018 at 3:21 pm Reason: Move posts to the more current thread
Old Apr 21, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
I don't fully understand. BA is apparently a terrible airline, but FlyerTalkers are changing their flights away from Titan...? Have I understood correctly?
Old Apr 21, 2018, 11:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Sealink
I don't fully understand. BA is apparently a terrible airline, but FlyerTalkers are changing their flights away from Titan...? Have I understood correctly?
I guess the only realistic explanation is that people could (unwittingly) find themselves sitting onboard a Titan aircraft and could begin to think .... “my goodness ..... this seems rather basic for a premium airline .... and so little space / legroom”

Whereas on BA ................
Nicci likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:13 am

In the last month I have flown on the following flights operated by Titan:

BA2732/23MAR LGW-ACE - Operated by Titan 737-400 (G-POWS)
BA2733/26MAR ACE-LGW - Operated by Titan A320 (G-POWK)
BA2742/20APR LGW-GVA - Operated by Titan A320 (G-POWM)

Have to say that I had no complaints about the crew or the service I received on any of these flights. However I did notice a few things when it came to the seats onboard.

737-400 - G-POWS (146 Seats) - The cabin itself looked was very clean and wasn’t as bright as that on the A320’s. The seat was very comfortable and felt like it offered more legroom than the A320. According to Titan’s website the aircraft seat pitch is a minimum of 32 inches.

A320 - G-POWK (168 Seats) - The cabin was clean, bright and felt modern. The seat itself was comfortable and the seat pitch was on a par with that on the ex BD A320’s.

A320 - G-POWM (180 Seats) The cabin was bright but looked more worn than on the other aircraft. Seat was ok, however the legroom was noticeably much less than that on G-POWK. Flight was not full and seat was comfortable enough for the flight of just under 2 hours to GVA.

Currently G-POWM is the only aircraft operating for BA ex LGW. However G-POWK and G-POWS are due to return between now and the end of May. From what I can gather G-POWM is expected to continue to op for BA through until at least November. Does anyone know how long the other 2 aircraft are expected to leased for?.
Nicci likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:26 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Scotflyer80
737-400 - G-POWS (146 Seats) - The cabin itself looked was very clean and wasn’t as bright as that on the A320’s. The seat was very comfortable and felt like it offered more legroom than the A320. According to Titan’s website the aircraft seat pitch is a minimum of 32 inches.

A320 - G-POWK (168 Seats) - The cabin was clean, bright and felt modern. The seat itself was comfortable and the seat pitch was on a par with that on the ex BD A320’s.

A320 - G-POWM (180 Seats) The cabin was bright but looked more worn than on the other aircraft. Seat was ok, however the legroom was noticeably much less than that on G-POWK. Flight was not full and seat was comfortable enough for the flight of just under 2 hours to GVA
I've added the aircraft details and seating plans to the wiki.

You can identify if your flight is the 'low density', 168-seat A320 G-POWK by the seat map going back to row 28. For comparison, BA's standard LGW A320 has 177 seats.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Currently onboard BA2709 in ET. I notice the M&S onboard menus are in the seat backs and a letter given on boarding states M&S BOB - so, no more free catering ?
On G-POWM in the exit row and it’s fantastic. TS working with middle seat blocked and way more leg room than BA!
Old Apr 24, 2018, 11:23 am
Suspended

Methinks G-POWT may make an appearance on some of the fattest routes.
Old May 2, 2018, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Another Wet Lease!

Received e-mail from BA overnight, advising me that our seats had been changed or a forthcoming trip.

Once I managed to open MMB, after several attempts, I discover that we have been moved from 1A/C to 1A/B ... BA2771, JER-LGW on 4 June will now be operated by an Eastern Airways (T3) Embraer 170

Am I the first here to be so favoured?

(Posted here as it doesn't seem worth starting a new thread, but instead adds to the picture of BA's wet-leasing activities.)
Old May 2, 2018, 4:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by T8191
Once I managed to open MMB, after several attempts, I discover that we have been moved from 1A/C to 1A/B ... BA2771, JER-LGW on 4 June will now be operated by an Eastern Airways (T3) Embraer 170
Interesting. Embraers have been used on that sector before - namely via BACF at weekends occasionally. These aircraft of course have 2 + 2 seating and CE doesn't have a middle space. On the other hand it's actually quite a comfortable aircraft, the rules on crew numbers makes it difficult to stuff the aircraft with too many seats. E190s are different on the front row seating, but for E170 you may want to consider dropping back a row or two, since the bulkhead is a bit close in, but otherwise you should be fairly comfortable on a short sector. It will be Eastern's own crew, and this is a high service airline much in use along the eastern and northern airports of the UK, so I wouldn't have any concerns there, however you could call to change to another flight.

thebasource will show BACF's E170 but Eastern is fairly similar.
T8191 likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
<snip> E190s are different on the front row seating, but for E170 you may want to consider dropping back a row or two, since the bulkhead is a bit close in, but otherwise you should be fairly comfortable on a short sector. It will be Eastern's own crew, and this is a high service airline much in use along the eastern and northern airports of the UK, so I wouldn't have any concerns there, however you could call to change to another flight.

thebasource will show BACF's E170 but Eastern is fairly similar.
For a 45m sector, comfort is a minor consideration, but we might just sacrifice Row 1 (just as we were getting used to it!!).

And we're pleased to have a novel experience, so swapping flights is not a consideration! Just as long as we get the TPs (which we hopefully will). I trust that paying for CE in an all-Economy configuration comes with the usual benefits (I'm sure it will).

Thanks for the input, Mr Fount Of All Knowledge ^
Old May 2, 2018, 9:23 am

Eastern have been operating LCY flights for a while now, usually Dusseldorf - with a CE service so should be up to standard

Looks like they've got a line of flying for June, quick flick through I can see then sporadically on Jersey, Glasgow, Amsterdam and Nice at least
T8191 likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
i flew ALC - LGW last thursday which was a BA flight operated by Titan. Was fine and no worse an experience than BA in Y although we were sat on the tarmac for quite a while at ALC.

One thing though, I only got 5 TP for the return leg. despite 10 on the way out....is that to be expected? Doesnt really matter, I'm a good 400 short of Gold with points year ending next week

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.