Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Seat selection issue - AA ticket - BA Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

Hi all

I had to get to Miami in April so decided to use an expiring AA compensation voucher to book the BA flights (MAN - LHR - MIA) on AA.com in December for myself and my son.

I've got an AA Locator and a BA booking reference but I'm unable to select seats for the long haul legs for myself and son. It keeps throwing up an error when I try and select the exit row seats on the A380 upper deck (I'm gold).

I've spoke to the BA gold line a few times now and they keep getting the same error and can't understand it. When I called in December after the booking, they said they would forward it to the seating dept to manually do it. When I checked a couple of days later I had been placed in the exit row seat but my son was still downstairs. I called again on Monday and they apologised and said again it would be forwarded to seating but all that's happened is I've been kicked out the exit row now.

Any idea what's going on here? I know booking BA flights on American stock sometimes causes issues but this hasn't happened to me before. I'm hoping the fountain of knowledge that is CWS will have an answer
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I don't think I'm going to be that helpful here. It clearly needs Seating to do something but it may be that they haven't got to it yet. If the flight is in April I'm not sure it's worth spending too much time on it either, a lot could change between now and then. I do know that once you get to T-72 then any seating move is likely to stick, but in certain circumstances MMB shows one thing, OLCI will show another. And luckily OLCI would have the correct outcome. I think I'd leave it until a couple of weeks before travel and have another go, it's possible that whatever glitch that is responsible will go away.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I don't think I'm going to be that helpful here. It clearly needs Seating to do something but it may be that they haven't got to it yet. If the flight is in April I'm not sure it's worth spending too much time on it either, a lot could change between now and then. I do know that once you get to T-72 then any seating move is likely to stick, but in certain circumstances MMB shows one thing, OLCI will show another. And luckily OLCI would have the correct outcome. I think I'd leave it until a couple of weeks before travel and have another go, it's possible that whatever glitch that is responsible will go away.
Thanks for the fast response CWS

I'm not stressing out too much about it but I would like to snag a pair of exit row seats on the upper deck of the A380 before another pesky gold card holder nicks them
I was more interested in how these issues arise. I know some people in the past couldn't pick seats because they only had the AA record locator but that's not the issue here. The BA agents I've spoke to can't understand why they can't select them either. It's a strange one

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.