Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WT Improvements

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss
WTP in a couple of weeks - will investigate the magnum situation....
WTP 80% of the time for me, just had a ridiculous amount of BA love lately. When it inevitably turns round and I get downgraded, will report
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by tedcruz
So there will be kosher snacks, as not all Magnums are kosher.
That will never happen, that is far too complicated for BA.
tedcruz likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:57 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by xenole
Does anyone actually eat those little bowls of salad / cous cous or whatever?
Everytime I've flown economy, there always seems to be a lot of them untouched.
Yes! Incidenrally I'd much rather have a salad than chicken or beef. In CW I normally choose the chilled main course salad - they can be excellent and healthier!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

WT on both YYZ-LHR and LHR-DXB on Friday/Saturday so will endeavour to update you on both the overnight tuck box option and daytime magnums (of course, provided they give me any as a lacto-ovo veggie I am sometimes told I am not allowed nice things, and given fruit instead, even when the nice things are veggie) Oh, and if FT will let me access the site without stupid pop up stuff!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Here's the Speedbird and Trade advice on the new WT product, no new facts as far as I can tell:

British Airways is enhancing World Traveller catering with a multi-million pound investment. Customers will enjoy an exciting and expanded new menu, providing more quantity and quality to both meals and great snacking options throughout the flight.

The improvements include:
· Pretzels with the welcome drink
· Four-course meal with starter, entrée, dessert, cheese and biscuits, accompanied by a bread roll and bottle of water
· Second meal or substantial snack depending on the length of the flight
· Regional meal options served according to destination
· A new Magnum ice-cream service for day flights
· A ‘help yourself’ tuck box with chocolates and crisps for night flights
· Hot breakfast on longer overnight flights
· Graze movie-snack box for day flights with over 10 hour flight time
The Trade PDF shows a photo with 3 different flavours of mini Magnums.

Now then, who is going to be come forward and give us a review?
Prospero and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

The Trade PDF shows a photo with 3 different flavours of mini Magnums.

Now then, who is going to be come forward and give us a review?
No better candidate than your good-self c-w-s, surely ......

I believe British Airways have been particularly generous to you in the past ; and I’d be surprised if they were not willing to provide ‘assistance’ where WT is concerned.

Whether or not you wish to sit in that part of the aircraft is of course another matter !

But I have a hunch you’d enjoy the opportunity to review those mini-Magnums (x 3 different flavours )
IAMORGAN and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:17 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by subject2load
No better candidate than your good-self c-w-s, surely ......

I am sure this particular burden can be shared, maybe you could give it a go? Perhaps SCL in a 787, middle seat to test all the options and product availability? I would certainly read your doubtless erudite dispatch.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
You do make it sound tempting (almost !)

Maybe I should follow your suggestion. However, my priority for now is to undertake a personal review of the current offerings in both F & CW (and so have just firmed up on arrangements to do exactly that). After a spate of longhaul travel with other (preferred) OW carriers (whilst limiting my BA usage largely to s/h sectors), I felt it was time for another close look at how BA shapes up to the competition.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I'm in WT+ tomorrow. Should by some miracle I get a gold greeting, I'll enquire as to whether a Magnum could come my way.
Failing that, should there be any spare Y seats around the time they're being dished out, I'll happily take one for the team
I'll probably find none were loaded.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm in WT+ tomorrow. Should by some miracle I get a gold greeting, I'll enquire as to whether a Magnum could come my way.
Failing that, should there be any spare Y seats around the time they're being dished out, I'll happily take one for the team
They only load the regular number of Y seats, and they are not particularly tasty.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I am sure this particular burden can be shared, maybe you could give it a go?
I'd never thought of you as a man to shirk novelty in your travel arrangements.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
In WT+ TATL yesterday and got thrown a Magnum (double carmel) - whether this was because it was 'normal' or that WT was pretty much empty(-ish). I don't know. Only issue really was that it was very close to the end of the meal service... .
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
They are given out to WTplus customers if there are any left and should be served between meals and not after the meal service.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
It's very good news indeed to hear of the reintroduction of a decent level of service in World Traveller. Now if they could just get rid of those minuscule dessert pots and serve a decent pudding that would be the icing on the cake!

Still no complimentary service in Euro Traveller though? That's the clincher for me!
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by BA6948

LHR-PHX on Sunday. I will report back.
well my ATH-LHR-PHX/PHX-LHR-CDG has now been cancelled by my company (OnBusiness) and replaced by ATH-LHR-JNB/JNB-LHR-CDG (paying fare, yaay). I guess no Ice Cream on those overnight flights to/from SA but won’t be a problem as I tend to sleep on these flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.