Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WT Improvements

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by V10
As it's now listing a bottle of water, does this mean the demise of the derisory and frankly pathetic water cuplet?
That is mentioned twice in the same press release which tends to mean they want us to take that particular detail on board.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by timma1971
Can't find San Diego on the list of the longest flights. Just a typo?
There are a large number of similar locations missing, so I think the list is indicative rather than comprehensive. Since LAS is in the longest category I would be fairly certain San Diego is in the same frame.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:01 am

Those on longer daylight flights to destinations such as Cape Town and Hong Kong will receive a hot meal, such as a pizza wrap or a regional option, with a pot of pasta, a chocolate brownie and a drink as well as a smokehouse BBQ crunch Graze movie-snack box. A hot English breakfast will also be served on these longer flights that operate overnight.
Slightly confused by this wording as HKG and CPT are obviously overnight flights. Do they mean that on these flights you will get:

- main meal
- second substantial hot snack
AND
- hot breakfast
?

I don't think that's right but then I can't understand why they refer to HKG and CPT for the daylight snacks.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Slightly confused by this wording as HKG and CPT are obviously overnight flights.

I thought that was incorrect, I think she simply chose the wrong locations to make the point. LAX or MEX would have been a better example, or Shanghai. I would see HKG getting a hot meal, hot breakfast and snack boxes available (i.e. as before but more of it).
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

I thought that was incorrect, I think she simply chose the wrong locations to make the point. LAX or MEX would have been a better example, or Shanghai. I would see HKG getting a hot meal, hot breakfast and snack boxes available (i.e. as before but more of it).
Agreed. A good example of the PR people not actually knowing much about the network/schedule - and not bothering to check.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Great stuff! No more taking crisps from the lounge to go with the first drink or buying a sandwich from the terminal for the second meal on short routes. BA is back as an option for Longhaul. Hope they get rid of that horseradish salad out of LHR and cheese salad out of JNB.

Now we need some improvements in SH.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:57 am

Excuse my stupidity, but does this affect WTP in any way? I don't really know the difference in what they offer between the two.

I am now half tempted to do WT and grab an exit row rather than WTP though.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by RG1X
Excuse my stupidity, but does this affect WTP in any way? I don't really know the difference in what they offer between the two.

I am now half tempted to do WT and grab an exit row rather than WTP though.
WTP gets the same food as WT with three main differences: they are served first, their trays are plated up with better cutlery and presentation, and the main meal, main dish comes from the CW menu. So they will now get a fourth meal item, plus the additional snack/ice cream options, but keep their other advantages. WTP also gets a PDB but that's separate to this matter.
RG1X likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:17 am

Thanks.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:26 am

· The first flight with the new catering on January 17 will be the BA117 from Heathrow to New York JFK departing at 8.25am.[/indent]
I may have missed it in the lengthy PR but does it go live everywhere at once or does the above bullet mean it will start with JFK (surprise) and toll put at a snail's pace elsewhere?

Sounds good news though.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by simons1
I may have missed it in the lengthy PR but does it go live everywhere at once or does the above bullet mean it will start with JFK (surprise) and toll put at a snail's pace elsewhere?

Sounds good news though.
BA117 is a well known flight within Heathrowers as being the first longhaul to leave the nest every morning. [Of course the mindhive of FT, with its forensic knowledge of the timetable would point to the early TLV flight at 08:00, but never mind]. I would assume this goes everywhere, LHR and LGW, from that date, otherwise the press release as currently worded would lead to huge disappointment on 18 January.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: BAEC, VS, Marriott, HH, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by V10
As it's now listing a bottle of water, does this mean the demise of the derisory and frankly pathetic water cuplet?
Finally
“Our customers have also told us they want to be able to save some items for later in the flight, so we’ve replaced the water cup with a bottle of Highland Spring on the first meal..."
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:57 am
Original Poster

BA117 is a well known flight within Heathrowers as being the first longhaul to leave the nest every morning. [Of course the mindhive of FT, with its forensic knowledge of the timetable would point to the early TLV flight at 08:00, but never mind]. I would assume this goes everywhere, LHR and LGW, from that date, otherwise the press release as currently worded would lead to huge disappointment on 18 January.
Goes live on all routes on this date. You’re right in saying they say JFK first because it’s the ‘first’ longhaul to depart on the 17th. Gatwick should also have it on this date too.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:33 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
I was wondering if something was in the offing the other week on when I was on my DME flight. The sandwich was gone, yes gone, and replaced with......a falafel & humus wrap. And the kit kat was gone too, yes gone, replaced by......a toblerone. Giddy with excitement ��
In all seriousness, I do wonder if these flights will be earmarked for a better catering offering in Y too. They don’t do duty free sales on these flights so can’t see how they can justify the lack of space reasoning.

S
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilège, Air Canada Aeroplan
Is it just me or do the descriptions of main courses sound like exactly what we have now? Btw cheese and an enhanced snack had already returned to WTP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.