Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WT Improvements

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
We have had ice cream before then lost it then got it back then lost it and now it’s back, I see a pattern forming.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Wonder what brand ice creams it will be ? I am happy none the less , hope WT paxs don't mind us CW folk coming in a taking a few back front ...
Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: BAEC, Silver
Originally Posted by Flame3601
Wonder what brand ice creams it will be ? I am happy none the less , hope WT paxs don't mind us CW folk coming in a taking a few back front ...
I’m flying back from ANU the day after this comes in place - I may well have to pinch an ice-cream from WT if I can!
Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by SussexFly

I’m flying back from ANU the day after this comes in place - I may well have to pinch an ice-cream from WT if I can!
Would be rude not too after all , but probably only 8 would of been loaded in total after in-depth analysis from BA HQ revealed this was the perfect number to eliminate waste and expense - so act fast !
SussexFly likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
The mid flight snack you received on your LAS flight is different from the tuck box, these boxes are in the galley between meals are self help where as the mid flight snack boxes are given out between meals on out longest day flights.
Had one of these on LHR-LAX other day: contains a Twix, packet of Corkers crisps and some popcorn. Must say there's now lots of food in WT/WT+ on the long day flights!
Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I don’t think you will find icecream on overnight flights so you will be unlucky flying from ANU.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by JMurray
Had one of these on LHR-LAX other day: contains a Twix, packet of Corkers crisps and some popcorn. Must say there's now lots of food in WT/WT+ on the long day flights!
more/better than the Club Kitchen?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I don’t think you will find icecream on overnight flights so you will be unlucky flying from ANU.
makes sense I gusss - I can’t see a large number of takers for ice-cream at that time of day.
Although perfect for those who can’t sleep!

Can’t believe I’m saying this, but I may actually be a tincy wincy bit jealous of WT 😬
Old Jan 7, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Sounds like a nice little improvement. This member of the crowd would be pleased with an ice cream half way to the US, especially the West Coast.

(now, bring (or offer) them round half way across in CW too )
Old Jan 7, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by SussexFly

more/better than the Club Kitchen?
Well there's actually enough catered unlike Club Kitchen...
SussexFly likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Bloody hell, thin end of the wedge this. What next? Extra squeeze of turnip in the gruel? DUMPING my IAG shares tomorrow.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
All is well with the world.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Aside from the fact that I personally love ice cream, I also think it works really well as an onboard snack/dessert. Doesn't require any prep, simple to serve (though often too hard) and a general crowd pleaser as c-w-s says. I think the American sundaes in J/F work well too.

I guess the only thing is does it cost a lot to keep frozen, but I'm guessing not given many airlines do it.
Cathay serve them in Y and Y+. I've had them out to Oz and back. Out of Heathrow or Honkers it's been a Haagen Daz tub. Out of Oz it's been Weis ice cream bars a fruit ice and ice cream bar. Both normally come super frozen and I wish they would dish them out with the meal so they'd have time to warm up a bit. Quite often I've had the meal tray taken away to be left with the tub, chipping away with the tiny spoon. On a couple of occasions there's been left over tubs and they've left them with galley snacks (yes, CX has galley snax for Y pax on the longer routes - fruits, crisps, crackers, nuts, dried fruit, chocolate and you a can order a hot noodle snack if you are really hungry).
Old Jan 7, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA gold
EK does it too. In the past, MH and SQ did it but that's going a while back.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
KA has always served Haagen Dazs in Economy on its short haul flights, and CX always has it on LH. Doesn’t VS do ice cream too?

Of course a lot of us were saddened when ice cream went from the Club Kitchen - will it be coming back?

This is a much needed improvement on LH economy but if I was a BA shareholder I’d be asking serious questions of the clowns in Waterside. As someone else mentioned, Improving the economy catering - along with all the other cuts being reversed - is just going back to the level of service a few years ago, and in the interim the BA brand has been allowed to be royally trashed and tens of thousands of passengers disappointed.
Ldnn1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.