Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WT Improvements

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Lots and lots of confusion amongst cabin crew not helped by the fact that some routes didn’t have the correct product onboard from the 17th January, we are told everything will be in place from tomorrow, knowing BA I very much doubt it.
I was also told there was 'buy on board' instead on LHR-YYZ when I asked if they had the tuck box, and that the menu was in my seat pocket. It wasn't but I couldn't be bothered to take it further, but would be interested to know if that is the standard.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
If your flight departs from London before 16.30 you get an icecream after then and all flights inbound the tuck boxes should be in the galley.
Band 5 which are the very long flights also get a graze box on the tray.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Le Club Accor Hotels Silver, Marriott Gold
I didn't see any vegan/diabetic snacks, the tuck box appeared to be the same one that was taken off a few years ago. I suppose the thinking for the YYZ return was it was a night flight, 3 course meal after departure, lights down for about 2 hours then breakfast (cream cheese bagel) just before landing into LHR at 6.30am. I certainly agree with Can I help You, regarding the confusion amongst crew about the new service. Interestly we did not have any Duty Free trolleys loaded in WT, only in club so I cannot comment about the Buy on Board that used to be loaded in with duty free (Pringles and Maltesers).
Old Jan 31, 2018, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The duty free bars for WT were loaded in CW but from tomorrow they should be stowed back in the WT galley.
We have never catered for customers who have ordered any type of special meals with the snacks in the galley.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:34 pm
D1L

Originally Posted by emma69
There doesn't seem to be much logic applied - the LHR-DXB and LHR-YYZ left at very similar times, were of very similar duration, had the same meal service, yet one had a tuck box and the other one did not. It might just be easier to have it on all legs over X hours and not try and work out if it is technically day or night - people get peckish at all hours! But can I ask you, did you have any vegan / diabetic snacks loaded?
The tuck boxes should not be on offer on daylight flight ex-UK. Tuck boxes are for overnight flights and those returning to the UK only. Tuck boxes are loaded ex-UK and so any use on the outbound will ruin the proposition for the return flight. Same goes for the pretzels. If the crew use up too much or do not remove them from the bars it can easily leave the aircrafts inbound sector short.
On daylight flights ex-UK Magnum ice-creams are the complimentary snack offer of choice except on long-range flights where an at-seat snack box continues to be the offer of choice.

It's a shame these enhancements were rushed back into service without a clear communication for the crew to be ready and prepared in good time. For an airline as large as BA it will always take some time for all colleagues to be fully aware, but there are always better practices to stop this inconsistency in the service routine happening so often - not to mention the sheer wastage of a product not even being offered.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:28 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by emma69
I was also told there was 'buy on board' instead on LHR-YYZ when I asked if they had the tuck box, and that the menu was in my seat pocket. It wasn't but I couldn't be bothered to take it further, but would be interested to know if that is the standard.
Que?? :S
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We have never catered for customers who have ordered any type of special meals with the snacks in the galley.
That's a shame - I understand on the tuck box, but I think there should be a dietary suitable alternative for the magnum for those who need it. On Cathay last year, I forget the snack handed out to the rest of the cabin, but I was given a vegetable samosa instead (asian veggie meal ordered)
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by D1L
The tuck boxes should not be on offer on daylight flight ex-UK. Tuck boxes are for overnight flights and those returning to the UK only. Tuck boxes are loaded ex-UK and so any use on the outbound will ruin the proposition for the return flight. Same goes for the pretzels. If the crew use up too much or do not remove them from the bars it can easily leave the aircrafts inbound sector short.
On daylight flights ex-UK Magnum ice-creams are the complimentary snack offer of choice except on long-range flights where an at-seat snack box continues to be the offer of choice.
Apologies to those on the Dubai-LHR flight after mine then, because we probably ate their tuck box!!!
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk

Que?? :S
I asked if there were any snacks and was told no snacks in the galley, but that there were snacks available for purchase, and could find the menu in my seat pocket. I didn't find a menu, and it seemed like too much effort to ask again, so I didn't pursue any further.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We do have snacks available for purchase and are listed in the Shopping the World magazine.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We do have snacks available for purchase and are listed in the Shopping the World magazine.
Ah, my misunderstanding, he said 'menu card' so I didn't flip through the magazine.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilčge, Air Canada Aeroplan
If your flight departs from London before 16.30 you get an icecream after then and all flights inbound the tuck boxes should be in the galley.
Band 5 which are the very long flights also get a graze box on the tray.
So it is right that BA99 (17.05 LHR-YYZ) has the tuck box but no ice cream. This seems all very complex...would be much better from the customer (and probably crew) point of view if the product was always consistent and not subject to variations according to seemingly random cut off times!
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes and yes.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 11:27 pm

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold

BA56 JNB-LHR. The breakfast has improved with the usual option of omelette or full English. However, you now have a bread roll, jam and butter. And a fruit salad replaced a yogurt which is plus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.