WT Improvements

Reply

Old Jan 31, 18, 12:49 pm
  #196  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,398
Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
Lots and lots of confusion amongst cabin crew not helped by the fact that some routes didn’t have the correct product onboard from the 17th January, we are told everything will be in place from tomorrow, knowing BA I very much doubt it.
I was also told there was 'buy on board' instead on LHR-YYZ when I asked if they had the tuck box, and that the menu was in my seat pocket. It wasn't but I couldn't be bothered to take it further, but would be interested to know if that is the standard.
emma69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 18, 12:58 pm
  #197  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Posts: 14,546
If your flight departs from London before 16.30 you get an icecream after then and all flights inbound the tuck boxes should be in the galley.
Band 5 which are the very long flights also get a graze box on the tray.
Can I help you is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 18, 1:15 pm
  #198  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Programs: BA Silver, Le Club Accor Hotels Silver
Posts: 33
I didn't see any vegan/diabetic snacks, the tuck box appeared to be the same one that was taken off a few years ago. I suppose the thinking for the YYZ return was it was a night flight, 3 course meal after departure, lights down for about 2 hours then breakfast (cream cheese bagel) just before landing into LHR at 6.30am. I certainly agree with Can I help You, regarding the confusion amongst crew about the new service. Interestly we did not have any Duty Free trolleys loaded in WT, only in club so I cannot comment about the Buy on Board that used to be loaded in with duty free (Pringles and Maltesers).
bhdcommuter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 18, 1:22 pm
  #199  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Posts: 14,546
The duty free bars for WT were loaded in CW but from tomorrow they should be stowed back in the WT galley.
We have never catered for customers who have ordered any type of special meals with the snacks in the galley.
Can I help you is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 18, 5:34 pm
  #200  
D1L
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by emma69 View Post
There doesn't seem to be much logic applied - the LHR-DXB and LHR-YYZ left at very similar times, were of very similar duration, had the same meal service, yet one had a tuck box and the other one did not. It might just be easier to have it on all legs over X hours and not try and work out if it is technically day or night - people get peckish at all hours! But can I ask you, did you have any vegan / diabetic snacks loaded?
The tuck boxes should not be on offer on daylight flight ex-UK. Tuck boxes are for overnight flights and those returning to the UK only. Tuck boxes are loaded ex-UK and so any use on the outbound will ruin the proposition for the return flight. Same goes for the pretzels. If the crew use up too much or do not remove them from the bars it can easily leave the aircrafts inbound sector short.
On daylight flights ex-UK Magnum ice-creams are the complimentary snack offer of choice except on long-range flights where an at-seat snack box continues to be the offer of choice.

It's a shame these enhancements were rushed back into service without a clear communication for the crew to be ready and prepared in good time. For an airline as large as BA it will always take some time for all colleagues to be fully aware, but there are always better practices to stop this inconsistency in the service routine happening so often - not to mention the sheer wastage of a product not even being offered.
D1L is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 18, 6:28 pm
  #201  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: LHR, LGW
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 1,431
Originally Posted by emma69 View Post
I was also told there was 'buy on board' instead on LHR-YYZ when I asked if they had the tuck box, and that the menu was in my seat pocket. It wasn't but I couldn't be bothered to take it further, but would be interested to know if that is the standard.
Que?? :S
rockflyertalk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 18, 7:03 am
  #202  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,398
Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
We have never catered for customers who have ordered any type of special meals with the snacks in the galley.
That's a shame - I understand on the tuck box, but I think there should be a dietary suitable alternative for the magnum for those who need it. On Cathay last year, I forget the snack handed out to the rest of the cabin, but I was given a vegetable samosa instead (asian veggie meal ordered)
emma69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 18, 7:06 am
  #203  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,398
Originally Posted by D1L View Post
The tuck boxes should not be on offer on daylight flight ex-UK. Tuck boxes are for overnight flights and those returning to the UK only. Tuck boxes are loaded ex-UK and so any use on the outbound will ruin the proposition for the return flight. Same goes for the pretzels. If the crew use up too much or do not remove them from the bars it can easily leave the aircrafts inbound sector short.
On daylight flights ex-UK Magnum ice-creams are the complimentary snack offer of choice except on long-range flights where an at-seat snack box continues to be the offer of choice.
Apologies to those on the Dubai-LHR flight after mine then, because we probably ate their tuck box!!!
emma69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 18, 7:06 am
  #204  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Posts: 14,546
I agree.
Can I help you is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 18, 7:07 am
  #205  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,398
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk View Post


Que?? :S
I asked if there were any snacks and was told no snacks in the galley, but that there were snacks available for purchase, and could find the menu in my seat pocket. I didn't find a menu, and it seemed like too much effort to ask again, so I didn't pursue any further.
emma69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 18, 7:12 am
  #206  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Posts: 14,546
We do have snacks available for purchase and are listed in the Shopping the World magazine.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Can I help you is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 18, 7:19 am
  #207  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,398
Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
We do have snacks available for purchase and are listed in the Shopping the World magazine.
Ah, my misunderstanding, he said 'menu card' so I didn't flip through the magazine.
emma69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 18, 8:53 am
  #208  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Toronto
Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilège, Air Canada Aeroplan
Posts: 348
Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
If your flight departs from London before 16.30 you get an icecream after then and all flights inbound the tuck boxes should be in the galley.
Band 5 which are the very long flights also get a graze box on the tray.
So it is right that BA99 (17.05 LHR-YYZ) has the tuck box but no ice cream. This seems all very complex...would be much better from the customer (and probably crew) point of view if the product was always consistent and not subject to variations according to seemingly random cut off times!
williamn78 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 18, 8:57 am
  #209  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Posts: 14,546
Yes and yes.
Can I help you is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 18, 11:27 pm
  #210  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Posts: 764

BA56 JNB-LHR. The breakfast has improved with the usual option of omelette or full English. However, you now have a bread roll, jam and butter. And a fruit salad replaced a yogurt which is plus.
BA6948 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread