Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the LHR T5 Concorde Room (all day) and First Dining Room within the LHR T3 Galleries First lounge (after 18:30). Eligible passengers include BA First ticket holders, Premier and Concorde Room cardholders. The catering in both lounges is supplied by BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. In addition, there are a selection of bar snacks available, details found in post 8 or you can click here.

There are also photo guides (updated with December menus) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Please see this thread which is now dedicated to food and drink at all none LHR Concorde Rooms and Bars
Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB - food and drink - 2017 thread

Also there is an archive of JFK CCR menus in post #14 of that thread which covers September 2015 to date.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
duplicate
KARFA likes this.

Last edited by rjn21; Oct 8, 2018 at 8:15 am
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Yesterday, we tried a couple of dishes,

The charcuterie and mezze were ok but nothing special,

The duck was pretty good and tasty.

The standout dish was the Crayfish and Prawn Tortellloni - recommended!
TPRun likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rjn21
From the October lounge menu, this is the chicken jalfrezi which seems not to have a photo yet:
Hi rjn21. Thanks for posting, unluckily you were beaten to the post by BotB by a matter of a few hours, he sent a photo to me this afternoon.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Yesterday, we tried a couple of dishes,

The charcuterie and mezze were ok but nothing special,

The duck was pretty good and tasty.

The standout dish was the Crayfish and Prawn Tortellloni - recommended!
I was slightly more positive than Traveller Frequently in that I thought all four dishes were pretty good - certainly better than some of the 'posher' CCR dishes I've tried before.

The mezze and charcuterie, while fairly simple, were more impressive than they sounded on the menu. The negative was that the kitchen was unable to serve as a platter for three rather than one dish per person. That kind of thing shows that the CCR is really not a restaurant.

The duck I thought was very well executed - again a classic dish done well rather than trying to over-complicated things.

The standouts for me were the desserts. I had both the apple parfait and the chocolate dome (not a bombe) - both were delicious.

Overall, a very pleasant meal. ^
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
[left]
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I was slightly more positive than Traveller Frequently in that I thought all four dishes were pretty good - certainly better than some of the 'posher' CCR dishes I've tried before.

The mezze and charcuterie, while fairly simple, were more impressive than they sounded on the menu. The negative was that the kitchen was unable to serve as a platter for three rather than one dish per person. That kind of thing shows that the CCR is really not a restaurant.

The duck I thought was very well executed - again a classic dish done well rather than trying to over-complicated things.

The standouts for me were the desserts. I had both the apple parfait and the chocolate dome (not a bombe) - both were delicious.

Overall, a very pleasant meal. ^
Some good points, Ldnn1, in particular how the kitchen was not able to work out how to serve three starters as we had requested.

Strange, as we had ordered a salmon eggs benedict instead of with ham, which was no problem when we had brunch.

The duck was good and might have been even better if I had remembered to add the port wine jus before we had nearly finished it!

I seem to remember you enjoyed the tortelloni too!

I am back at the CCR on Wednesday for a extended visit so will certainly order the duck or tortelloni again and save some room for the chocolate dome!

It was very enjoyable meal, helped by the company and champagne/wine! :-)
TPRun likes this.

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; Oct 7, 2018 at 3:10 pm
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Hilton Diamond, OWS
I believe we are missing pictures of the following?:

Sunday Roast. Better than expected and very tender. Slightly overcooked.

Chocolate Dome. Pretty good.

Had the duck which I found particularly good. The tomato soup (of the day) was, well, tomato soup. Nothing special.
The mezze was alright, but they did not give me the beetroot but twice the other one (which I have forgotten what was) instead.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:17 am

we had ordered a salmon eggs benedict )

They are cutting back a bit ��

Last edited by twincheeks; Oct 8, 2018 at 6:17 am Reason: correction
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by twincheeks
They are cutting back a bit ��
No it was we who were cutting back - in fat content!

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; Oct 8, 2018 at 11:42 am
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
[left]
Some good points, Ldnn1, in particular how the kitchen was not able to work out how to serve three starters as we had requested.

Strange, as we had ordered a salmon eggs benedict instead of with ham, which was no problem when we had brunch.
)
I believe the issue here is that there is a bit more attention given to stopping people from doubling up, so meals have to be put in individually, rather than bulked (which you used to be able to do). Substitutions, on the other hand, are fine if doeable.

I remember when the scallop app was added to the menu a little under a year ago, being able to order two on a plate; then, it was "want two scallops, get two plates". The idea being presumably that some will not bother. Borisz (chief bar dude at the time) was apologetic, but had to do it this way. Didn't put me off, but I am sure stopped some. Clearly much easier to do this than substitute ingredients; that can get quite messy if you don't know what you're doing. But maybe has become a policy.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:09 am

What the hell is going on with that roast? It looks miserable
Old Oct 8, 2018, 11:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold

Originally Posted by baflyer999
It’s not a great photo. It’s missing the gravy, and they were also out of broccoli yesterday.

Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by baflyer999
I thought the same. A fondant potato, three carrots, a Yorkshire pudding and sad bit of beef is the trumpeted CCR Sunday roast? No gravy? Sacrilege, surely? Minimalism of the mezze carried through to the main course.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by AnaTravel
I thought the same. A fondant potato, three carrots, a Yorkshire pudding and sad bit of beef is the trumpeted CCR Sunday roast? No gravy? Sacrilege, surely? Minimalism of the mezze carried through to the main course.
The gravy comes in a little pot so you can pour it yourself. As I said previously, there was a shortage of broccoli yesterday. As for the comment about the meat, then I suggest you try it. As we all know, CCRbportions are relatively small, but there is nothing stopping you from having a second portion or another dish.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:30 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Hilton Diamond, OWS
I do agree it’s not the best picture. Didn’t have this thread in mind when I took it and my OH keeps telling me to take a photography course, which is probably true.

Gravy was on the side as stated above. It was pretty basic though. The picture posted by madfish does look better than the dish I got.
First time in the CCR so did not know what to expect. Still thought the food was better than in the CX F lounge in T3 though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.