Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the LHR T5 Concorde Room (all day) and First Dining Room within the LHR T3 Galleries First lounge (after 18:30). Eligible passengers include BA First ticket holders, Premier and Concorde Room cardholders. The catering in both lounges is supplied by BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. In addition, there are a selection of bar snacks available, details found in post 8 or you can click here.

There are also photo guides (updated with December menus) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Please see this thread which is now dedicated to food and drink at all none LHR Concorde Rooms and Bars
Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB - food and drink - 2017 thread

Also there is an archive of JFK CCR menus in post #14 of that thread which covers September 2015 to date.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018

Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:32 am

I wonder if AnaTravel asked for an afternoon tea and they put together something not on the menu for her. That would explain the sandwiches and the scones.

This makes me think that often when I'm in the CCR, I often don't want a sit-down meal. If I have say 30 minutes, a drink and a healthy snack is what I'd like, particularly if I'll be dining on board. An afternoon tea actually sounds good. I'd also like some canapes or fresh nibbles. This means I can have a relaxing sit-down, a drink and a small bite.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 4:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by MarkFlies
This makes me think that often when I'm in the CCR, I often don't want a sit-down meal. If I have say 30 minutes, a drink and a healthy snack is what I'd like
In which case you could perhaps ask for the Warm Falafel Wrap and a Garden Salad, mixing items across both menus. If it wasn't for this thread, I normally just ask for the cheese plate and a coffee.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 4:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
I wonder if AnaTravel asked for an afternoon tea and they put together something not on the menu for her. That would explain the sandwiches and the scones.

This makes me think that often when I'm in the CCR, I often don't want a sit-down meal. If I have say 30 minutes, a drink and a healthy snack is what I'd like, particularly if I'll be dining on board. An afternoon tea actually sounds good. I'd also like some canapes or fresh nibbles. This means I can have a relaxing sit-down, a drink and a small bite.
It should be noted that this doesnt seem to be a recent experience either, but one from about a year ago.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:27 am

I think you are right. I ordered the afternoon tea from a cabana. It looked like it had been cobbled together from the first lounge. I had never ordered this before but couldn't face the lunch menu that day. It isn't on the main menu but well known that it can be ordered. I'd like a different approach to catering there. Satisfy those that want a long lunch with cheese but provide better options for those that want something different. The same applies to catering on first. I dread that menu. Let's have some lighter options available or snacks. I'd rather have a really good sandwich and a pot of tea than BA's tortured amuse-gueule offerings.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by KARFA

Tbh thats a very odd choice of food in the ccr, scones and sandwiches. Whilst they will get you some from GF, they arent on the menus in the CCR. If they were stale I am not sure why we havent heard complaints on the GF food thread recently.

Like orbitmic I am struggling to recognise some of your comments about the lounge both regarding food and service and I have a reasonable number of visits over the years to draw upon. I find the new furniture very pleasant, and the terrace seems to have been markedly improved with the new furniture and layout - albeit I dont often sit out there.

Also on the point of reviews there have been plenty both here and on the TR board, I think there have been a few of the ccr within a broader F review within the last week alone, and of course there are always comments on this thread as well.
It isn't an odd choice. If it wasn't available, people wouldn't be ordering it and receiving it. It's a bit like champagne on request in the business lounges. Many don't know about it but it still exists. The new furniture is a mishmash of bad taste. The 'curtains' on the terrace look bizarre and block the view from the lounge out to the terrace. In my opinion, the CCR used to be quite elegant and comfortable. Now it strikes discordant notes and looks like they are trying to perk it up from jumble sale finds. We all have different views, of course. Some might love the changes. I don't.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by AnaTravel
I'd like a different approach to catering there. Satisfy those that want a long lunch with cheese but provide better options for those that want something different. The same applies to catering on first. I dread that menu. Let's have some lighter options available or snacks. I'd rather have a really good sandwich and a pot of tea than BA's tortured amuse-gueule offerings.
I'm not sure I'm following? The whole lounge menu is simpler/faster options including club sandwich, burger, usually a curry, often a pasta, a salad, etc. So for instance, you currently have three different sandwich/lunch options. If anything, my sense is that the lounge menu focuses too much of the attention compared to - ultimately - limited choice for the main menu.

It isn't an odd choice. If it wasn't available, people wouldn't be ordering it and receiving it.
I don't want to put words into KARFA'smouth, but I suspect what he means is that all the items that you are mentioning here are items that are actually from the GF menu. So of course, they are available to you in the CCR, no problem, but they don't say much about CCR food quality since they are not part of the CCR own menu in the first place.

It reminds me of some Hollywood film where parents take their kid to a posh restaurant with exquisite food but all one of the children wants is a Big Mac. The maitre d'htel is wholly sympathetic as he fully gets that not everyone wants fancy food every day, and he sends one of his guys pick up a Big Mac at the nearby McDonald's and serves it to the delighted young lad. It's all great but of course, it would not make sense to use the Big Mac as a yardstick of how good the restaurant's food is as it is not theirs in the first place.

Last edited by orbitmic; Sep 9, 2018 at 5:47 am
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The toasted scone is a bit of a mystery. The GF scones would barely survived being sliced up for the toaster, they are too crumbly. I thought I was the only one to order scones in the CCR, they aren't on the menu, but they do tend to warm them up (or zap them? I don't actually know) unless you ask them not to do so. The scones are delivered within 24 hours of consumption, and often a lot less, there is very little storage room for food in T5, almost everything consumed anywhere in T5 is done on a JIT basis, so it's difficult to see how it could get stale.
This reply made me smile. The great mystery of the stale scone. It's impossible for BA to serve a stale scone? Being delivered within 24 hours of consumption doesn't indicate fresh. When the scones were freshly cooked is a far better indicator. Not when they were delivered. Having scones left out on the buffet for hours isn't helpful either. BA scones in F are hardly delicious regardless of freshness. Lastly, my tastebuds told me the scone was stale.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Silver
This reply made me smile. The great mystery of the stale scone. It's impossible for BA to serve a stale scone? Being delivered within 24 hours of consumption doesn't indicate fresh. When the scones were freshly cooked is a far better indicator. Not when they were delivered. Having scones left out on the buffet for hours isn't helpful either. BA scones in F are hardly delicious regardless of freshness. Lastly, my tastebuds told me the scone was stale.
Feel free to have the stale scones sent upstairs to the peasant lounge....we'd love some of those in the afternoon.

I shall pack some strawberry jam in anticipation!
Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
I prefer to eat on the plane and cannot remember the last time I ate in the CCR but, OT, whatever the time of day I have a BA175. It is very good.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I'm not sure I'm following? The whole lounge menu is simpler/faster options including club sandwich, burger, usually a curry, often a pasta, a salad, etc. So for instance, you currently have three different sandwich/lunch options. If anything, my sense is that the lounge menu focuses too much of the attention compared to - ultimately - limited choice for the main menu.

I don't want to put words into KARFA'smouth, but I suspect what he means is that all the items that you are mentioning here are items that are actually from the GF menu. So of course, they are available to you in the CCR, no problem, but they don't say much about CCR food quality since they are not part of the CCR own menu in the first place.

It reminds me of some Hollywood film where parents take their kid to a posh restaurant with exquisite food but all one of the children wants is a Big Mac. The maitre d'htel is wholly sympathetic as he fully gets that not everyone wants fancy food every day, and he sends one of his guys pick up a Big Mac at the nearby McDonald's and serves it to the delighted young lad. It's all great but of course, it would not make sense to use the Big Mac as a yardstick of how good the restaurant's food is as it is not theirs in the first place.
I've never had a 'Big Mac' in my entire life so I can't comment on the quality. They do deliver a consistent product from what I hear from others. Something that would be welcome from BA. I have eaten at the CCR, in the restaurant, many times.

Your analogy makes no sense. A more apt comparison would be staying at a good hotel and requesting (through room service) a scone from their restaurant. I'd expect a fresh scone, if available. Popping down to SPAR for a pack of long life scones is not something I'd anticipate. The customers in the Flounge should receive fresh scones too. If the quality was poor, denying my request would have been a smarter option.

The quality of the food in the first class lounge and the business class lounge is very similar, in my opinion. The CCR is consistently mediocre. 'Fancy' food? Most definitely not. Comfortable, if tired, surroundings.

PS: The burger has been on the lounge menu for years. Eating the same burger in the lounge (as opposed to the restaurant) doesn't magically transform the dish. I see a new item (falafel wrap) above, which someone kindly photographed. I haven't tried that. The focus has been on more formal dining. Pulling those same dishes into the more causal setting isn't great choice, for me.

Last edited by AnaTravel; Sep 9, 2018 at 9:32 am
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by smokie36
Feel free to have the stale scones sent upstairs to the peasant lounge....we'd love some of those in the afternoon.

I shall pack some strawberry jam in anticipation!
Don't they have scones, jam and clotted cream in the 'Peasants Lounge'? I seem to remember having a dry, crumbling scone there with Rodda clotted cream. Even Cornish clotted cream couldn't bring that dead scone back to life. Maybe I dreamt it? Or does BA only let us eat cake there in the afternoon?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:18 am

"Mains vary from mediocre to good. I usually find the pasta dishes pleasant (really enjoyed the pea tortellini of this spring. Fish pasta is usually nice but I like those rotations less because they mean no "real" fish dish which I much prefer and are often my favourite mains). The meats are hit and miss. The focus on "pulled" meats, whilst convenient for the kitchen, is a constant disappointment on the plate in my view"

I have had one pasta dish in the CCR which was pleasant. The 'pulled' meat trend is over already. The vegan Jackfruit option is based on the same theme.

Last edited by AnaTravel; Sep 9, 2018 at 9:35 am
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:21 am

I think the nature of a scone is a little on the dry side. I frequently ordered the scone from Caffe Nero and whilst lovely it was never that soft or moist - when cutting it would always crumble a bit for instance. One thing I like about the CCR is that you can go 'off-piste' and order other items. For instance I had a lovely sausage and egg sandwich with hash browns one time, and another had a lamb curry that wasn't on the menu.

Are 'pulled meats' convenient for the kitchen? Surely it is another job to pull the meat.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences

Are 'pulled meats' convenient for the kitchen? Surely it is another job to pull the meat.
I would be amazed if the meat was pulled on site.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
I think the nature of a scone is a little on the dry side. I frequently ordered the scone from Caffe Nero and whilst lovely it was never that soft or moist - when cutting it would always crumble a bit for instance. One thing I like about the CCR is that you can go 'off-piste' and order other items. For instance I had a lovely sausage and egg sandwich with hash browns one time, and another had a lamb curry that wasn't on the menu.

Like the poster above, I too doubt they are made on site. It is very easy to fork meat apart, whether prepared from scratch or bought in. The main time involved is in the cooking from scratch. If done authentically, it is tasty, as lots of people will attest.

If a scone is so stale that staff have to toast it (their admission), it's not a good sign. I don't expect just baked, homemade perfection. Just fresh enough to eat without turning to sawdust. Not an unreasonable standard, I'd have thought.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.