Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the LHR T5 Concorde Room (all day) and First Dining Room within the LHR T3 Galleries First lounge (after 18:30). Eligible passengers include BA First ticket holders, Premier and Concorde Room cardholders. The catering in both lounges is supplied by BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. In addition, there are a selection of bar snacks available, details found in post 8 or you can click here.

There are also photo guides (updated with December menus) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Please see this thread which is now dedicated to food and drink at all none LHR Concorde Rooms and Bars
Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB - food and drink - 2017 thread

Also there is an archive of JFK CCR menus in post #14 of that thread which covers September 2015 to date.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:38 am

Looks quite poor this month.

The dreaded beetroot returns, but the terrine sounds good ^

For mains, there is little that gives me any excitement.

It is a shame the chocolate mille feuille has gone - I really did enjoy that with a side of chocolate ice-cream. The polenta cake is poor in comparison.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by KARFA

i don’t think the ratio of meat and non meat dishes has changed?
No, you're quite right it hasn't, but wasn't that impressed before (chicken is not far from being a vegetable to me!) and now the mackerel has gone too I'm really not much of a fan of any of the mains on this menu. There also hasn't been a single red meat dish on the menu since the steak went.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Main courses not particularly great for carnivores this time around, no? 3/5 vegetarian options + salmon + chicken.
Indeed, and some of us don't consider salmon meat...
Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Looks quite poor this month.

The dreaded beetroot returns, but the terrine sounds good ^

For mains, there is little that gives me any excitement.

It is a shame the chocolate mille feuille has gone - I really did enjoy that with a side of chocolate ice-cream. The polenta cake is poor in comparison.
The terrine was tasty, very meaty.
The wild mushroom sauce was very nice with the chicken - I had chips instead of the mash and it worked a treat.
Chocolate ice cream was full of chunks, made it very enjoyable!

@KARFA very welcome.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
One of the less inspiring menus to me. I also don't like the new 'cultural' descriptions (and with apology for the pedantry, who on earth mentions 'flavoured' twice in the same sentence?)

I personally prefer a pasta dish to arancini (and did enjoy the pea ones)as they make a lovely starter. Millefeuille (whilst not in any way a millefeuille) was very nice but will give the trifle a go this afternoon.

The menu is being increasingly British-ised for both better (i'm very much in favour of local ingredients) and worse (the 'fetter' is no match to actual Greek feta or Bulgarian cheese for a reason, the 'hard cheese' they serve on demand with pasta etc is a disgrace compared to actual parmesan, the whole British cheese plate is average, choose all top British cheese or mix with some excellent French ones which are actually a lot cheaper etc)
Old Jul 5, 2018, 6:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Photo guides also updated. I need photos of the following please:

Dining menu - pan-fried salmon, mozzarella & basil arancini, tomato and fennel salad, wildberry trifle
Lounge menu - goats cheese rosemary focaccia

Many thanks

Last edited by KARFA; Jul 9, 2018 at 8:48 am
Old Jul 5, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
No, you're quite right it hasn't, but wasn't that impressed before (chicken is not far from being a vegetable to me!) and now the mackerel has gone too I'm really not much of a fan of any of the mains on this menu. There also hasn't been a single red meat dish on the menu since the steak went.
At least meat eaters get more options via the lounge menu - vegetarians have to make do with the same hot dish on both the CCR menus and (by extension) the FLounge one!

ETA: just spotted the goats cheese foccacia on the Lounge menu - BA, with this extra option, you are spoiling us....!
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by KARFA
Photo guides also updated. I need photos of the following please:

Dining menu - pan-fried salmon, mozzarella & basil arancini, tomato and fennel salad, wildberry trifle
Lounge menu - goats cheese rosemary focaccia

Many thanks
sorry couldn't bring myself to have the tomato-fennel again as I really didn't like it last month, the arancini are not in today (I wanted to try them for starter), the salmon sounds excruciatingly boring and the focaccia? Seriously I'm not hat crazy. However, here is the "trifle" Absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with a trifle (closer to a summer pudding encased in white chocolate) but it was very nice and since it is also very small I had a second one...
ringingup and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Qantas Platinum One and LTG
Not the most inspiring menu but my choices for a long lunch will be soup, terrine and chicken, followed by the cheese board. I agree the increased 'Britishness' is a plus and would also like to see a pasta choice. I'll find myself in the CCR for an extended stay later this month before the 27 to HKG in order to get through some 'work' If anyone is around then I'll buy you a glass of LPGS or other libation of your choice
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by GoldCanyon340
Not the most inspiring menu but my choices for a long lunch will be soup, terrine and chicken, followed by the cheese board. I agree the increased 'Britishness' is a plus and would also like to see a pasta choice. I'll find myself in the CCR for an extended stay later this month before the 27 to HKG in order to get through some 'work' If anyone is around then I'll buy you a glass of LPGS or other libation of your choice
Maybe, although will depend on the date.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
JFK CCR

Sat in the JFK CCR lounge at the moment, and for the third time this year, I’ve got to say the food quality seems better than T5.

The ingredients seem fresher and the food tends to have less of a microwaved feel about it. Personally I’ve found the recent T5 CCR menus and quality to be disappointing.

Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Taking one for the team - or rather, three:

Tomato and Fennel salad above

The Rosemary Focaccia, actually pretty tasty

Arancini, tomato sauce is excellent, I'd dress some pasta with it frankly.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
Taking one for the team - or rather, three:

Tomato and Fennel salad above

The Rosemary Focaccia, actually pretty tasty

Arancini, tomato sauce is excellent, I'd dress some pasta with it frankly.
Many thanks MarkedMan ^

Photos now added.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
Sat in the JFK CCR lounge at the moment, and for the third time this year, I’ve got to say the food quality seems better than T5.

The ingredients seem fresher and the food tends to have less of a microwaved feel about it. Personally I’ve found the recent T5 CCR menus and quality to be disappointing.

That probably tells more of the T5 CCR menues, as all 'entrés' , as mains are called in the US, are 'pre-seared' in the southern parts of Connecticut, before transported to JFK to be heated before being served, one of many reasons why having a premium steak done to your choice is not available here
Old Jul 21, 2018, 6:13 am

One thing that always annoys me when visiting the CCR......why do they insist on serving room temperature water? The champagne and wines are always chilled to the right level, but the water (still and sparkling) is always warm.

I always ask for "lots of ice" to make sure my water is cooled to an acceptable level. If a glass is delivered without ice (after asking) it is always sent back to be rectified.

What gives?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.