Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the LHR T5 Concorde Room (all day) and First Dining Room within the LHR T3 Galleries First lounge (after 18:30). Eligible passengers include BA First ticket holders, Premier and Concorde Room cardholders. The catering in both lounges is supplied by BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. In addition, there are a selection of bar snacks available, details found in post 8 or you can click here.

There are also photo guides (updated with December menus) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Please see this thread which is now dedicated to food and drink at all none LHR Concorde Rooms and Bars
Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB - food and drink - 2017 thread

Also there is an archive of JFK CCR menus in post #14 of that thread which covers September 2015 to date.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2018, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is there really no Sauternes available in the Concorde Room First Class-only lounge?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by hugolover
Is there really no Sauternes available in the Concorde Room First Class-only lounge?
There were some excellent wines available today, and there was a quaffable Port but sadly no Sauternes today.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

There were some excellent wines available today, and there was a quaffable Port but sadly no Sauternes today.
LOT have a Sauternes in their Warsaw lounge. It's always there as part of their standard offering.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Hmm... not sure how I feel about two pasta dishes (gnocchi and tortellini) amongst the main, possibly influenced by the fact that with my partial Italian origins, I never really see pasta as a main in the first place, so one is fine, but two.... I like the sound of the smoked mozzarella starter though it's possibly the worst season of the year for tomatoes and the dish sounds quite summery to me. The pear tatin sounds very nice!
Yeah, I cook wild boar fairly regularly and it would have been nice to have it maybe sort of like the lamb dish that comes up every now and then, "pulled pork" style. Not too Italian, but still a proper main. As tortellini and with a sweet sauce, hhmmm ....

I shall reserve judgement and try it next week. I don't fret too much over this stuff, certainly the gnocchi are not anything I'd recognize as italian either, but I have enjoyed the dish, and there's lots to like, certainly try, in the new menu.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 8:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by hugolover
LOT have a Sauternes in their Warsaw lounge. It's always there as part of their standard offering.
Glad to hear you found a superior lounge offering that grants you entry
Old Feb 5, 2018, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Glad to hear you found a superior lounge offering that grants you entry
Don’t you mean, premium?

Anyway, Eastern European at heart
nufnuf77 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 4:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
February Menus

Thanks for the menus.

Photo guide is updated - I just need the photos of the new dishes if anyone would like to post them
Old Feb 6, 2018, 4:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by KARFA
Thanks for the menus.

Photo guide is updated - I just need the photos of the new dishes if anyone would like to post them
Give me a day
KARFA likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC
Hmm... not sure how I feel about two pasta dishes (gnocchi and tortellini) amongst the main, possibly influenced by the fact that with my partial Italian origins, I never really see pasta as a main in the first place, so one is fine, but two.... I like the sound of the smoked mozzarella starter though it's possibly the worst season of the year for tomatoes and the dish sounds quite summery to me. The pear tatin sounds very nice!
strictly speaking, gnocchi isn’t pasta though, is it ?

​​​​​​​
Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by bafan
strictly speaking, gnocchi isn’t pasta though, is it ?
​​
You will see it listed as Primo (Piatto), so it is a surrogate of pasta. Orbitmic's point still holds, it would not be considered a main course in Italy.
orbitmic, hugolover and nufnuf77 like this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC, Amex MR, SPG, HHonors
Going to be in the CCR with my family in a month or so. My 2 young kids don't have the most adventurous palates, so just wondering if the kitchen is generally able to whip up something like a simple bowl of pasta with tomato sauce, or eggs (but at lunchtime instead of breakfast) with chips?
Old Feb 12, 2018, 9:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Reports suggest that they will try to accommodate especially if they have the basic ingredients available.

i asked for some fruit for my infant daughter and was given a huge bowl of mixed berries.
jsto likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by madfish
Reports suggest that they will try to accommodate especially if they have the basic ingredients available.

i asked for some fruit for my infant daughter and was given a huge bowl of mixed berries.
Correct, they are very accommodating.
jsto likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Talking of 'accommodating', a slightly bizarre thing is that they are apparently not allowed to serve you a main course portion of the scallops, only multiple plates. Not a big deal but a bit of a bureaucratic shame and waste of cleaning process!
Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Talking of 'accommodating', a slightly bizarre thing is that they are apparently not allowed to serve you a main course portion of the scallops, only multiple plates. Not a big deal but a bit of a bureaucratic shame and waste of cleaning process!
indeed, a last attempt at three scallops ended up with three portions of black pudding and bacon as well, oh well..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.