Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the LHR T5 Concorde Room (all day) and First Dining Room within the LHR T3 Galleries First lounge (after 18:30). Eligible passengers include BA First ticket holders, Premier and Concorde Room cardholders. The catering in both lounges is supplied by BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. In addition, there are a selection of bar snacks available, details found in post 8 or you can click here.

There are also photo guides (updated with December menus) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Please see this thread which is now dedicated to food and drink at all none LHR Concorde Rooms and Bars
Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB - food and drink - 2017 thread

Also there is an archive of JFK CCR menus in post #14 of that thread which covers September 2015 to date.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018

Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer
One scallop.

Maybe Cruz could save costs by serving half a scallop?
What happened when you said to the staff, "Please, sir, I want some more"?

Did they say "No"?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Globaliser
What happened when you said to the staff, "Please, sir, I want some more"?

Did they say "No"?
In fairness, to ask for more you need either to know what to expect and ask from the start or have a bit of time, especially if you already ordered several courses and by the time staff come to take back your plate they are bringing the next course.

I actually do prefer small portions to large ones and am not usually complaining about portion size in the CCR, it works for me. On this one, however, I do think that they have overdone it and that 3 scallops, whilst already a smallish serving, was about right.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
JFK CCR 2018-01 menu

I've been to the JFK CCR yesterday. Now let's try this new upload thing.

menu

bread basket

Octopus hiding behind his non-natural habitat (i.e. lettuce)

filet mignon. Ordered medium-rate but came out as slightly above medium. Still very tender.

white chocolate marquis.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
I've been to the JFK CCR yesterday. Now let's try this new upload thing.

Hi El_Duderito

All looks very nice There is a dedicated thread now for the non-LHR CCR and CCBs so it may be worth having this moved over to that thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...17-thread.html
El_Duderito likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb

Here’s a pic of the pan fried colley. Tasted pretty good!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:13 am

Thanks everyone for the photos of the coley. They are now added and I have everything now.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Just had the ox cheek and nice enough. Well, the cabbage and mashed potato was the better part of the dish but tasty enough overall.

The apple bread and butter pudding wasn't overly sweet. Definitely prefer the HKG version.

Off topic slightly but no gluten free cakes today in GF. Scones, profiteroles, coffee cake, sponge and some other individual round cake all mentioned gluten.

Last edited by xenole; Jan 19, 2018 at 7:15 am
Old Jan 20, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Avoid the oxcheek - poorly presented and fairly tasteless.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by AdBoy
Avoid the oxcheek - poorly presented and fairly tasteless.
I must say that like you I did not like it and was surprised it has such good press in this thread. The coley is fine though I also wish they had chosen a fish that better resists overcooking, like maybe cod or haddock and the 'pepperonata' was quite salty when I ordered it.
AdBoy and hugolover like this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:39 pm

Off topic, but they're doing Mac n cheese in the LAX Qantas lounge at present. No idea how it compares to the LHR dish that a lot of people enjoyed.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
had the coley a couple times over past week and must say very suprised how tasty it was. Had a smokey taste. At first , it didnt look very appetising, but it was.

Was eager to post a picture, but beaten to it I see by ceej123 . One day I will get there first
Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:32 pm

The coley was ok. Tasted of fish as expected, although maybe a little bit fishier than it ought to be.
As with the ox cheek, the potato component was the nicest part of the dish.

The Bao weren't too bad. First bit I had had a bit of a kick but after that less so. Seemed to be cheese and onion crisps with it them though I would have thought chilli would have been better.
Not sure of the open bun part. The steamed pork buns I get in Hong Kong have the filling enclosed.

The millionaire's shortbread was too sweet for me. No problem with the hazelnut sauce, but the actual dessert part I ended up leaving half of.

Someone ordered the scallop dish whilst I was there and his comments about the size of it definitely fell true!
Old Feb 1, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
I'll be in the CCR this afternoon from around 2.30pm and will snap a few menu pictures for the thread if nobody has gotten there first.

Quick update - no new menu today, February offerings are due for release around 2nd or 3rd of the month now and going forward according to my server.

Pilot37

Last edited by Pilot37; Feb 1, 2018 at 8:14 am
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:21 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Wow, so new menu lottery today! I've gotten spoiled and used to always seeing new menus by now

A little under the weather but will do my best to post something if no one else has by late afternoon.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by MarkedMan
Wow, so new menu lottery today! I've gotten spoiled and used to always seeing new menus by now

A little under the weather but will do my best to post something if no one else has by late afternoon.
ah I am in today and will be here until just after midday so can post some menus.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.