Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the LHR T5 Concorde Room (all day) and First Dining Room within the LHR T3 Galleries First lounge (after 18:30). Eligible passengers include BA First ticket holders, Premier and Concorde Room cardholders. The catering in both lounges is supplied by BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. In addition, there are a selection of bar snacks available, details found in post 8 or you can click here.

There are also photo guides (updated with December menus) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Please see this thread which is now dedicated to food and drink at all none LHR Concorde Rooms and Bars
Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB - food and drink - 2017 thread

Also there is an archive of JFK CCR menus in post #14 of that thread which covers September 2015 to date.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
the scallop was a size of Ł1 coin, picture below

I must say 'pound coin' describes mine perfectly too and I did not notice any difference in size from the last version though I did personally prefer the green pea recipe. Obviously scallops even of a specific type can vary in size (they certainly did last time), not least with season, but I personally doubt there is any specific intention to change it one way or another. \that said, in my view, it is the more enjoyable dish of the current menu in my view except for the bread pudding.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:35 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by orbitmic

I must say 'pound coin' describes mine perfectly too and I did not notice any difference in size from the last version though I did personally prefer the green pea recipe. Obviously scallops even of a specific type can vary in size (they certainly did last time), not least with season, but I personally doubt there is any specific intention to change it one way or another. \that said, in my view, it is the more enjoyable dish of the current menu in my view except for the bread pudding.
agreed, the desserts I really like. I loved the orange thing last month or two months ago too. Hope the duck will make a return soon!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by nufnuf77

agreed, the desserts I really like. I loved the orange thing last month or two months ago too. Hope the duck will make a return soon!
Ah, I found the orange sponge too dry for my taste, but really liked the return of the brownie with the salted caramel profiteroles and really like the bread and butter pudding this time though I even preferred the last iteration which was with cherries but that is merely a matter of personal taste!

In general, I find the CCR T5 desserts very good. Dessert and cheese are the two aspects for which I find the food better than CCR JFK (which in my view notably does much better mains and often better starters and soups).
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
The desserts tend to be a little bit sweet in places for my liking. Looking forward to trying the bread pudding although I don't think it will quite match up to the one you get at HKG with the vanilla or almond sauce.
Much prefer the cake in GF or perhaps a scone with cream (could be that a slice of cake comes across as more substantial!)
Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by xenole
Much prefer the cake in GF or perhaps a scone with cream (could be that a slice of cake comes across as more substantial!)
Just in case it's not obvious to more occasional visitors: Galleries First has a pretty good range of cakes that comes out from mid afternoon onwards, there are usually 3 to choose from plus the two scone varieties, plan and fruited. One of the cakes tends to be gluten free (and still very much edible for those who don't have a reaction to gluten). In CCR you can have these by asking your server for them. They may not necessarily know what cakes are available on a given day, so would have to go back to the kitchen to find out, but Victoria Sponge tends to be there every day.
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:47 am

The desserts tend to be a little bit sweet in places for my liking. Looking forward to trying the bread pudding although I don't think it will quite match up to the one you get at HKG with the vanilla or almond sauce.
I'll admit to a sweet tooth! For those not keen on sweet desserts though, I find that you can always request a fruit salad, which is what I do when I want something light to end the meal.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've avoided the fruit salad due to the syrup (assuming the same thing as on the menu), although as with most things, sure you could just ask for some fruit.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I think your memory is a little confused. The scallop is larger than the trio you enjoyed last year
You might have been lucky again - the scallop I got was nowhere near the size of previous three.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by 710 77345
You might have been lucky again - the scallop I got was nowhere near the size of previous three.
They obviously save the large scallops for the nice people
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

They obviously save the large scallops for the nice people
I was gonna say they must have seen me and my order of dishes and must have thought: 'Small one will do'

I will re-report again on Friday on take two: Return of the scallops!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bread and butter pudding was a favourite of mine on the old GF desserts list.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:26 am

I've avoided the fruit salad due to the syrup (assuming the same thing as on the menu), although as with most things, sure you could just ask for some fruit.
Nope, no syrup on my fruit salad! Just basically the same as the breakfast one.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Just in case it's not obvious to more occasional visitors: Galleries First has a pretty good range of cakes that comes out from mid afternoon onwards... In CCR you can have these by asking your server for them.
That's an excellent tip - I'm one of them pesky anti-gluten eaters (medical, not a fad diet thing), whilst I like the quiet of the CCR the food choice for me is usually quite limited. Knowing I can get a wedge of the GF cake is good news
Old Jan 17, 2018, 11:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
We asked for some fruit for our infant daughter in the summer. They brought out a huge bowl of lovely berries. We had to stop her eating the whole lot or we may have had a situation somwwhere over the Atlantic!

I have always found the staff to be very accommodating.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
One scallop.

Maybe Cruz could save costs by serving half a scallop?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.