Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the LHR T5 Concorde Room (all day) and First Dining Room within the LHR T3 Galleries First lounge (after 18:30). Eligible passengers include BA First ticket holders, Premier and Concorde Room cardholders. The catering in both lounges is supplied by BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. In addition, there are a selection of bar snacks available, details found in post 8 or you can click here.

There are also photo guides (updated with December menus) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Please see this thread which is now dedicated to food and drink at all none LHR Concorde Rooms and Bars
Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB - food and drink - 2017 thread

Also there is an archive of JFK CCR menus in post #14 of that thread which covers September 2015 to date.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Nice to see the ribeye and asparagus back. I wonder what are the three ways for the asparagus (last time there weren't three ways!).
Bin, some other bin, and any sort of bin type recepticle
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Photo guides now updated. Photos added for asparagus and steak. Just missing the lentil salad, cheesecake, and curry if anyone want to try them and post a photo.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by orbitmic
...I wonder what are the three ways for the asparagus (last time there weren't three ways!)
Hot, warm and cold
orbitmic and rapidex like this.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 5:16 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KARFA
Just missing the lentil salad, cheesecake, and curry if anyone want to try them and post a photo.
I'll let someone else do the lentil salad, sounds way too healthy. On the other hand I can see the new cheesecake is going to be popular:

And this is the jalfrezi, more fruity than spicy (unfortunately in my view).

Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I'll let someone else do the lentil salad, sounds way too healthy. On the other hand I can see the new cheesecake is going to be popular:
And this is the jalfrezi, more fruity than spicy (unfortunately in my view).
Thanks, photo guide updated. I am there on Sunday afternoon with Gavin who you met the other week. I will try and force him to have the lentil salad so I can get a photo - I am getting steak!
Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Are they using up the leftover popcorn from the bar snack menu on the cheesecake?
Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for life
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Lovely to see the ribeye back ^
Am in the CCR tonight and my ribeye was like leather and the guy in the booth opposite me has just sent his back twice. Just a bad night and it’s usually good given this post?
Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by womble88

Am in the CCR tonight and my ribeye was like leather and the guy in the booth opposite me has just sent his back twice. Just a bad night and it’s usually good given this post?
There is a big difference between 21 day aged, and 21 day dry-aged. The dry-aging process (where the meat is dried in an open cold room) not only tenderises the steak, but concentrates its flavour as up to 25-30% of weight is lost through evaporation. Dry aging is thus expensive, and far less common. Shame the steak here isn't dry-aged, maybe you wouldn't have had this problem.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Oh dear. I've just attempted to order lunch in the CCR, and I confess I can't recall a more lacklustre menu in the place. I know the vegetarian minority have to be catered for, but 60% of the main courses seems excessive to me. So it's tasteless steak or tasteless cod. They couldn't/wouldn't bring something such as chilli from the F lounge so I may have to schlep over there.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by CCayley
Oh dear. I've just attempted to order lunch in the CCR, and I confess I can't recall a more lacklustre menu in the place. I know the vegetarian minority have to be catered for, but 60% of the main courses seems excessive to me. So it's tasteless steak or tasteless cod. They couldn't/wouldn't bring something such as chilli from the F lounge so I may have to schlep over there.
did you try the cod? I have had it a few times and I would say it’s anything but tasteless. Not had the new steak, but previously it’s been very popular.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Cannot comment on the steak, but the cod I found to very nice recently. Indeed I ordered it two days running.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by KARFA

did you try the cod? I have had it a few times and I would say it’s anything but tasteless. Not had the new steak, but previously it’s been very popular.
No, I opted for the steak in the end. It wasn't tough, but it was pretty tasteless. Service is dire today: currently been here for 58 minutes with no offer to top up wine or water since receiving a glass of each 5 minutes in. Having said that, when I suggested the menu was a little disappointing and a bit vegetarian heavy, the guy kindly offered to get chef to rustle up a garden salad .
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 8:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
No, I opted for the steak in the end. It wasn't tough, but it was pretty tasteless. Service is dire today: currently been here for 58 minutes with no offer to top up wine or water since receiving a glass of each 5 minutes in. Having said that, when I suggested the menu was a little disappointing and a bit vegetarian heavy, the guy kindly offered to get chef to rustle up a garden salad .
The steak is usually rather nice, and the cod is actually very tasty. The risotto is also particularly flavourome. I don't know why the staff would not bring you chilli from the First Lounge, unless there isn't any.

Is there a reason why you have sat for 58 minutes and not attracted the attention of a waiter to refill your glass?
Old Apr 7, 2018, 8:52 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
The steak is usually rather nice, and the cod is actually very tasty. The risotto is also particularly flavourome. I don't know why the staff would not bring you chilli from the First Lounge, unless there isn't any.

Is there a reason why you have sat for 58 minutes and not attracted the attention of a waiter to refill your glass?
perhaps because the staff are nt always good at checking what’s going on? Some are brilliant but others less so.

A matter of taste but I’d disagree on the risotto- it is perhaps the most bland flavourless concoction for some time - so bad we sent it back. But each to their own.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Agreed on the slow service and bad steak yesterday - we ordered two medium and they came still mooing. Sent back and they were returned cremated. Chips were also grim - tasted like micro-chips with a leathery skin.
hugolover likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.