FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   LHR - AUS, MSY - LHR Mixed cabin (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1886797-lhr-aus-msy-lhr-mixed-cabin.html)

whiteheatsyd Jan 7, 2018 5:39 am

LHR - AUS, MSY - LHR Mixed cabin

Hi, I am looking to do the above out in Economy, and back in traveller plus. Seen it on Kayak at £760 but can't get it to work when it clicks through to the BA website. Any way around this? Thanks

Alex

ENTP Jan 7, 2018 5:42 am

Originally Posted by whiteheatsyd (Post 29260793)
Hi, I am looking to do the above out in Economy, and back in traveller plus. Seen it on Kayak at £760 but can't get it to work when it clicks through to the BA website. Any way around this? Thanks

Alex

Open-jaw and mixed class requires a call

whiteheatsyd Jan 7, 2018 5:43 am

Thank you ENTP. Will call them to get it sorted!

LordBuckethead Jan 7, 2018 5:50 am

Originally Posted by whiteheatsyd (Post 29260793)

Yes, don't try to route through kayak. If you go straight to ba.com it will give you the option to select different cabins for each direction.

Flexible preferences Jan 7, 2018 6:08 am

Originally Posted by LordBuckethead (Post 29260822)
Yes, don't try to route through kayak. If you go straight to ba.com it will give you the option to select different cabins for each direction.

Yes, but as ENTP said if you require mixed cabins and open jaw you have to call. Annoying but true.

whiteheatsyd Jan 7, 2018 11:15 am

Next question. What happens in the US during June. As AUS, NEW ORLEANS, DALLAS, HOUSTON all have very limited redemptions available in business class? Annoying as if I could use my upgrade voucher in June, and do eco/wt+ for my philly trip in March I would hit silver, but travelling back on the 9th of June I think, and my year ends on the 8th. Massive fail!

shefgab Jan 7, 2018 12:12 pm

You can ask for a 2 week extension to your earning year so you should be able to hit Silver when flying back on the 9th.

LordBuckethead Jan 7, 2018 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences (Post 29260859)
Yes, but as ENTP said if you require mixed cabins and open jaw you have to call. Annoying but true.

Ah, I stupidly missed the open jaw bit. Apologies for being dim here.

whiteheatsyd Jan 7, 2018 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by shefgab (Post 29262038)
You can ask for a 2 week extension to your earning year so you should be able to hit Silver when flying back on the 9th.

That is great knowledge! Thanks