Search

Club Europe to St Petersburg

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Star Alliance Silver
Cool Club Europe to St Petersburg

Hi guys!

Have an upcoming trip to LED that is currently booked in ET.

There is an upgrade offer for £139 to upgrade to CE. However, I currently have booked the exit row seats and as a Gold Card would eat breakfast in the Lounge anyway....

What is the view out there on FT? The flight time is 09.25 - so would that be breakfast service on board, or given the time zones - a brunch / lunch? I am not familiar with the new CE catering offer... I guess LED is a "Long" route? What meal service would that be?

The extra tier points would be helpful..

Any thoughts welcome Thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by WingsAroundtheWorld
Hi guys!

Have an upcoming trip to LED that is currently booked in ET.

There is an upgrade offer for £139 to upgrade to CE. However, I currently have booked the exit row seats and as a Gold Card would eat breakfast in the Lounge anyway....

What is the view out there on FT? The flight time is 09.25 - so would that be breakfast service on board, or given the time zones - a brunch / lunch? I am not familiar with the new CE catering offer... I guess LED is a "Long" route? What meal service would that be?

Any thoughts welcome Thanks!
If you need the extra TP I'd go for it. LED yields 80TPs.

You can find information on the catering in the excellent catering guide:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...7-edition.html

The 0925 departure means breakfast, indeed, but maybe LED is an exception due to the length and time zone.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
I’d go for it too personally, £139 equates (assuming you are on a low earning Y ticket) to 2.317 TP/£ and the catering should be ok and help pass the time.

obviously if you don’t need the TPs, stock to your better leg room in Y and spend the money on some nice things to eat en route.

if you provide flight date we can check the flight load and therefore you can get an idea of how likely it is to have someone sat next to you/get an OpUp without need to pay.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by navylad
I’d go for it too personally, £139 equates (assuming you are on a low earning Y ticket) to 2.317 TP/£ and the catering should be ok and help pass the time.

obviously if you don’t need the TPs, stock to your better leg room in Y and spend the money on some nice things to eat en route.

if you provide flight date we can check the flight load and therefore you can get an idea of how likely it is to have someone sat next to you/get an OpUp without need to pay.
Thank you! It is 22 Feb 2018 ...

It seems good value for tier points - but the legroom undoubtedly better in exit row!
rossmacd likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Thank you! It is 22 Feb 2018 ...

It seems good value for tier points - but the legroom undoubtedly better in exit row!
EF currently shows J9 C7 D4 R9 I9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 N9 Q9 O9 S9 G

Last edited by navylad; Jan 7, 2018 at 7:40 am
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
I take this flight regularly. Monday / Fridays in both directions are busy but then generally quieter during the week. At a smidge over 3hrsits doable in exit row without much issue. Besides the TP, the service is std Club Europe and nothing to write home about. Club seats are not that much better and there is a divider between the two seats. Moscow is better as they run at least one proper First/Club service a day. I would go with the first option, breakfast in the lounge then a good book and a bottle of water. Lounge in LED is a shared one and a bit meh too.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci

I'd take it quick smart, but that's me. It's a long flight, and I prefer Club Europe on longer trips, mainly as I find eating and drinking Champagne a great way to pass the time.

Since you say the extra TPs would be helpful, go for it.

On board service will be breakfast. If you eat in the lounge, you could ask the crew politely if they minded you eating your on board breakfast later on. You could make that your lunch
Old Jan 7, 2018, 8:41 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by oktane
I take this flight regularly. Monday / Fridays in both directions are busy but then generally quieter during the week. At a smidge over 3hrsits doable in exit row without much issue. Besides the TP, the service is std Club Europe and nothing to write home about. Club seats are not that much better and there is a divider between the two seats. Moscow is better as they run at least one proper First/Club service a day. I would go with the first option, breakfast in the lounge then a good book and a bottle of water. Lounge in LED is a shared one and a bit meh too.
DME always has a proper long haul product. Most flights are operated by the ex-BMI 321s. Its a lie flat product that some like and some hate. The throne chairs (accounting for 8 of the 24 seats in the cabin) are better for day time flights than any other CW seat in my view. Some flights get 789 and 777 service. I have flown the 777 in F back on Friday evening twice after a long week of meetings. Its a delightful way to spend 3.5 hours.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by navylad

EF currently shows J9 C7 D4 R9 I9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 N9 Q9 O9 S9 G
I'm not sure what those letters / numbers ( I guess open seats at different fair buckets ) - or how to interpret them - but I went for the upgrade anyway -- just think of the tier points!

Thanks for the help!
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:04 am

I'm not sure what those letters / numbers ( I guess open seats at different fair buckets ) - or how to interpret them - but I went for the upgrade anyway -- just think of the tier points!

Thanks for the help!
good atuff. It shows good availability in both Club and Economy, so you should get reasonable seat selection with your upgrade.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
I'd take it quick smart, but that's me. It's a long flight, and I prefer Club Europe on longer trips, mainly as I find eating and drinking Champagne a great way to pass the time.
Totally agree. Even better would be to fly to DME and take the Red Arrow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.