Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CW - no more orange juice on ground?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:02 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
I had a tonic water this week although that was in F. Was no problem when I asked.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Poor show BA, I don’t drink and found the restrictive precious options somewhat annoying but to be refused a soft drink upon request would put a sour taste for the remainder of the flight IMHO
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by subject2load

Maybe your drink of choice will be next for the chop.

Nothing has been chopped. Juice is not poured in advance because most of it goes to waste. It can be requested, as has already been pointed out. That the OP's request was not honoured is a different matter.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Andriyko
Nothing has been chopped. Juice is not poured in advance because most of it goes to waste. It can be requiested, as has already been pointed out. That the OP's request was not honoured is a different matter.
but people have to know it can be requested!

if the crew said something like ‘I can get you an OJ if you’d prefer’ that would be a different matter.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Or indeed just asked what you would like to drink from the options, and then one CC is pouring. Then no waste.

Admittedly lt I don’t like the way that AA do pre-flight drinks- giving me a massive Diet Coke to drink before the security briefing, but even they do pre-flight drinks better than BA.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by mmogdan

thanks for the info. Seems like a rather pathetic cut back to me. I would say the crew spent more time chatting in the galley and taking selfies.
Certainly agree with the chatting and pathetic BS service which is more the norm now. Never seen them taking selfies mind you...
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by subject2load

Well that’s good to know. Maybe your drink of choice will be next for the chop.
If they replaced it with a cold soft drink instead I'd be happy. I rarely drink Champagne and never ask for it whenever I've flown CE.
navylad likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
If they replaced it with a cold soft drink instead I'd be happy. I rarely drink Champagne and never ask for it whenever I've flown CE.
Minority opinion I suspect..chuckling at the response likely on this forum if pre drink of bubbles ever removed....
Old Jan 7, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by nivsy
Minority opinion I suspect..chuckling at the response likely on this forum if pre drink of bubbles ever removed....
Indeed !

Then again, I wouldn’t read too much into HIDDY’s mixed messages - especially where matters of bubbly stuff are concerned. His comment “I rarely drink champagne” comes just a couple of hours after “I always chose champagne”
Stez likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: AA EXP
Wow- even on short domestic hops on AA we get a choice of OJ, Water, soda, even booze sometimes These are regional flights on Embraers!!
T8191 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Prospero
If I request a glass of OJ will it his be freshly squeezed variety or from a Sunpride carton?
I haven’t seen the freshly squeezed for a while, I will check next time I’m flying.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Hengilas
Wow- even on short domestic hops on AA we get a choice of OJ, Water, soda, even booze sometimes These are regional flights on Embraers!!
Is this in business class?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you

Is this in business class?
On AA's domestic flights it is usually an open bar for pre-departure beverages, but it is hit or miss if they actually offer any. On international departures it is OJ, champagne and water.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Andriyko
On AA's domestic flights it is usually an open bar for pre-departure beverages, but it is hit or miss if they actually offer any.
I've been on 30+ AA domestic sectors in F in 2017 on the full spectrum of aircraft and to/from most (all?) of the hubs, and consistently been offered a PDB every single time.
T8191 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd
I've been on 30+ AA domestic sectors in F in 2017 on the full spectrum of aircraft and to/from most (all?) of the hubs, and consistently been offered a PDB every single time.
And this tells us what exactly?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.