Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more reclining seats on s/h flights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:34 am
Original Poster

No more reclining seats on s/h flights

Page 3 of the Sunday Times today - article that routes under 4 hours will no longer have reclining seats - BA confirm in the article
Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:35 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
This is not new news, but I think it is a good thing personally, reclining seats cause more problems than they solve
Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:36 am

discussed extensively already, see NEO thread
Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Swissroll
Page 3 of the Sunday Times today - article that routes under 4 hours will no longer have reclining seats - BA confirm in the article
The 4 hours thing sounds weird, I think they meant all short haul routes. ATH/IST/LCA would be some of the longest short haul routes and can be over 4 hours and I fear they will have no recline.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
NEOs and a couple of SH changes
Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:26 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
The 4 hours thing sounds weird, I think they meant all short haul routes. ATH/IST/LCA would be some of the longest short haul routes and can be over 4 hours and I fear they will have no recline.
ATH is 3hours 40
LCA is 767 I believe so will have reclining seats
IST similarly is served by Mid-haul/Long-Haul aircraft and will have reclining seats still
Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by navylad

ATH is 3hours 40
IST similarly is served by Mid-haul/Long-Haul aircraft and will have reclining seats still
The 767s will be gone soon so I suspect LCA will be operated by A321Ns.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by florens
The 767s will be gone soon so I suspect LCA will be operated by A321Ns.
looking at flights in December it’s an a320 currently
Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:35 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

looking at flights in December it’s an a320 currently
Regardless - it'll be the new config of non-reclining seats in ET as soon as the 767 is gone, whether it'll be the reconfigured A320s/A321s (CEO) or A320N/A321N in the coming years, unless they upgauge to widebody aircraft (787 for example).
Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by florens
Regardless - it'll be the new config of non-reclining seats in ET as soon as the 767 is gone, whether it'll be the reconfigured A320s/A321s (CEO) or A320N/A321N in the coming years, unless they upgauge to widebody aircraft (787 for example).
will be interesting to see, perhaps they will once the last few narrow body with reclining seats are gone? One can hope

Last edited by navylad; Jan 7, 2018 at 5:58 am
Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat

ATH is 3hours 40
This is incorrect. LCA is sometimes 767 and sometimes 320/321 and both are short-haul variants.
My last IST was the last one I will take until BA remove their dumb laptop ban like others on the route, but also because it was a short-haul config 321. 4 hours is really too long to sit on a plank of wood.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:48 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
Mir will be interesting to see
(My bold)
BA is flying into space now?!
Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by LordBuckethead
(My bold)
sorry, my phone keeps autocorrecting into German whilst over here, no space travel involved
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by LordBuckethead
(My bold)
I do hope so, otherwise it's a bus. I guess that could be the next enhancement.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Tafflyer

This is incorrect. LCA is sometimes 767 and sometimes 320/321 and both are short-haul variants.
My last IST was the last one I will take until BA remove their dumb laptop ban like others on the route, but also because it was a short-haul config 321. 4 hours is really too long to sit on a plank of wood.
drom what I can tell it is a daily 767 Service until 25 March when an addition A320 flight is added for the summer season.

As as I say it will be interesting to see what happens

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.