Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airports unable to support OLCI

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2018, 3:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Airports unable to support OLCI

So I have been unable to check in online for my NUE-LGW, phoned GGL and they have said this airport can't support OLCI.

which other airports are the same? is there a list anywhere?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Gold
A good idea!

Cairo did not 6 months ago.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 3:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by navylad
So I have been unable to check in online for my NUE-LGW, phoned GGL and they have said this airport can't support OLCI.

which other airports are the same? is there a list anywhere?
Yes, NUE can't do OLCI, they are not on FLY, more information here:
Winter 17/18 LHR LGW short haul new flights
and here
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ficulties.html
Also the back to back guide has the information in the Wiki

There is a partial list here, though it relates more to the App, there are quite a lot of places which accept printed OLCI boarding passes but not the App.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...-mobile#mobile

All the Greek airports except ATH and SKG are not on FLY, as are the smaller French airports such as LIG and EGC. NUE being a trial route is in this category at the moment, but if they move to a permanent service I would expect that airport to move to FLY too.
navylad, Down the back and YacozA like this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Many thanks @corporate-wage-slave, does your knowledge know no bounds?

I did search before creating the thread, including on the dashboard, and only got peoples individual threads about being unable to check in, could your excellent thread be added to the dashboard?

Last edited by navylad; Jan 7, 2018 at 3:35 am
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond, Scandic Top Floor
Just spent 15mins on the telephone with the Gold Line trying to figure out why I can't OLCI for my flight tomorrow from GOT, thought there maybe was an issue ie flight oversold, cancelled etc they were no help and had me trying to do it from a laptop rather than app, try to do it using Locator # rather than through MMB, log out of account and log back in etc and nothing worked. Finally he told me just to go to the airport a little earlier as sometimes they randomly choose people to check in at the airport, no big deal as I already have 01A booked.

Wish I had just checked here first......
Old Feb 15, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Into LCY there is no OLCI for departures from:
  • JTR, JMK, JSI, EGC, UIP or CMF. FLY is not deployed, and the local station system is used. ATH reconciles the Greek routes, whilst LCY reconciles the French routes.
  • GRX (Uses Iberia's system. Although not widely known - it IS possible to check-in via the Iberia website).
And from memory, MAH also doesn't have BA systems, but this may change this year, as LHR services are starting.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 7:52 pm

From memory, I don't think Murcia (MJV) hosts OLCI either. The check-in (Swissport) appears to operate a lite version that doesn't host the facility.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 3:34 am

Yes certainly the case last year. My sis was a frequent user of the route and after the first time just paid to prebook a seat and rocked up ~70mins before departure to avoid the scrum

Judging by the usual crowd on flights out of that region I imagine there is a lot of highly stressed queuing going on in front of closed desks at T-3hrs
Old Feb 16, 2018, 6:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by sammyg901
Yes certainly the case last year. My sis was a frequent user of the route and after the first time just paid to prebook a seat and rocked up ~70mins before departure to avoid the scrum

Judging by the usual crowd on flights out of that region I imagine there is a lot of highly stressed queuing going on in front of closed desks at T-3hrs
About a third of passengers turn up for their flights more than 3 hours before departure. It makes little difference if longhaul or short. Some of the LCY Greek islands only open up 90 minutes before departure (MJV will be 2 hours) and yet people will be queuing up 4 hours before departure. MJV is a very small airport where airside just consists of a big hall, with a café and a branch of Subways.

I'd be almost certain that Kefalonia, Almeria and Figari will not be on FLY.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Down the back
Just spent 15mins on the telephone with the Gold Line trying to figure out why I can't OLCI for my flight tomorrow from GOT, thought there maybe was an issue ie flight oversold, cancelled etc they were no help and had me trying to do it from a laptop rather than app, try to do it using Locator # rather than through MMB, log out of account and log back in etc and nothing worked. Finally he told me just to go to the airport a little earlier as sometimes they randomly choose people to check in at the airport, no big deal as I already have 01A booked.

Wish I had just checked here first......
Yes I had something similar yesterday at CPH. Could check in but couldn't get a BP through any method (incl airport checkin machine), until the checkin desk had scanned my passport. GGL line couldn't release the BP - it had to be the airport. Once the checkin desk opened, it took about 20 seconds!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.