Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2018, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
IMPORTANT NOTE - The partnership between Tesco Clubcard and British Airways is ending. Details in this thread: No more Avios from Tesco Clubcard [ends 18th January 2021]

Tesco, the major UK supermarket chain, allows you to convert Tesco Clubcard (CC) points to Avios. The standard earning rate is 1 CC point per £1 spent in store. They convert to Avios in the ratio of 1 CC point to 2.4 Avios or 2.5 Virgin miles.

Every quarter, your points are converted to coupons and mailed to you - they can then be converted via the CC website to Avios or Virgin miles. Typically, it takes 1-2 working days for a conversion to BA Avios to complete.

The key to rapidly earning large amounts of Avios is the regular bonus point offers where large amounts of points can be earned. The latest are listed below and discussed within this thread.

The last period for collecting Clubcard points ended on 22 October 2020.

The last day for collecting points in the current quarter is 28 January 2021. Note: The end of the Clubcard / BA partnership means that routine vouchers for points earned in the current quarter will be issued too late for conversion into Avios.

TopCashback (TCB)

You can no longer convert TCB cashback into Clubcard points and onto Avios. Cashback can still be transferred directly to your Avios account at rate of 1p = 1.05 Avios although this is not a great deal (although cheaper than buying them from BA).

Averagely exciting long-running points deals:

150 points on £5 spend on your first Tesco photo order http://www.tescophoto.com/home

Opportunities for FREE points:

Earn 25 points a month doing a customer survey (300 points a year) https://www.tescoviews.com/tesco/desktop/landing.do
Up to 150 points per survey at Shoppers Thoughts https://www.shopperthoughts.com/signup
Recycle your printer cartridges and get 100 points (mixed feedback on this one) https://www.therecyclingfactory.com/tesco/

Everyday points opportunities at Tesco:

- Tesco credit card (discussed in the first post of this thread)
- Tesco instore and online shopping 1 point per £1 http://www.tesco.com/
- Tesco Fuel 1 point per £2 http://www.tescopfs.com/
- Tesco Mobile 1 point per £1 topped up http://www.tescomobile.com/
- Tesco Clothing F&F 1 point per £1 http://www.clothingattesco.com/
- Tesco Pay+ - no current promotions

Points opportunities at Tesco partners:

ESSO - Collect points on fuel and shop goods http://essopoints.co.uk/#how . In general, this ended in June 2019 when Esso changed to the Nectar scheme. However, it is still possible to collect Clubcard points at Esso petrol stations that have a Tesco Express.

Print Wikipost

Tesco and BA master thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
+1 here. Still waiting...
Tilly71 likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:15 am

1000 bonus avios

The 1000 bonus Avios have posted today!

Thanks to comments by Genghis and Liz on @Raffles' Head For Points story about London City Airport today, which alerted me to check my account. Judging by the other comments on that post, it seems a lot of people have had them post today too.

Hopefully everyone else here who is waiting for them will also see them arrive.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I did receive the 1000 bonus this morning - can someone remind me why/how this came about ? Its always welcome but honestly cannot remember why ??!
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by THEOBCMAN
I did receive the 1000 bonus this morning - can someone remind me why/how this came about ? Its always welcome but honestly cannot remember why ??!
It was an offer during October: transfer at least £5 of Clubcard points (1200 Avios) and you would receive a flat rate bonus of 1000 Avios. £5 was therefore the best bang-for-your-buck. Details at Inside Flyer here.

I don't have auto-convert enabled, because I find the 3-1 return on RedSpottedHanky train tickets to be more worthwhile for my current travel patterns (though this ends in January ) so I couldn't tell you how it interacted with that.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:39 am

@squawk - thanks so much. It does ring a bell now. Always nice to see when previously forgotton about !
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by THEOBCMAN
Mine came to - it was a recent bonus when you transferred at least £5 of points to BA.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:02 am

Mine hasn't posted yet.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:12 am

Mine posted today. Which was a surprise, as I cant recall registering for this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by FrogTastic
Mine posted today. Which was a surprise, as I cant recall registering for this.
I don't think you had to register specifically - so if you have an auto-covert bonus, or happened to convert during the time period it covered, you would've got them automatically?
FrogTastic likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: Falconflyer Gold
My 1000 bonus points have arrived today.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: British Airways
Mine as also posted today,
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
How did they know my next holiday destination (Tesco Clubcard)???

Hi,

I was amused this morning to get my Tesco clubcard statement through the post ( the tesco clubcard points get converted automatically to avios)

As it said " Discover Osaka with Avios" as my next holiday is in April to Tokyo and Osaka!!!! ( spooky or what!!)- albeit I am paying cash and doing Ex-DUB with Cathay pacific.!

It mentioned the new BA non stop service and also sugested going to Mt Fuji from osaka ( although proably leaving from Tokyo would be quicker) as well as the Umeda Sky building for sunsets and Universal Studios Japan as well as temples and food..

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
There is a new Tesco Pay+ offer which allows additional points to be collected.. Collect one extra Clubcard point for every £4 spent in Tesco. Offer valid until 31/8/19. I find the Pay+ App to be convenient as payment and clubcard are effectively scanned in one process.
FrogTastic likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 5:52 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
No mention of the current 2,000 CC points bonus for a £20 top-up on a PAYG Rocket Pack Sim, or have I (and Google search) just missed it ?

In any event, just wondering whether people have managed to get 2 x 2,000 for 2 SIMS on a single CC number (as HFP reports is possible) and whether there has been any success getting the bonus points on multiple CC nos. linked to the same account ? I must have a dozen nos. going back to the historic golden era of CC points collection, happily all converting at 3,2 rather than the current 2.4 rate, so this is potentially quite a useful deal.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
No mention of the current 2,000 CC points bonus for a £20 top-up on a PAYG Rocket Pack Sim, or have I (and Google search) just missed it ?

In any event, just wondering whether people have managed to get 2 x 2,000 for 2 SIMS on a single CC number (as HFP reports is possible)
I have received 2 x 2,000 points on a single CC number. I've actually done it twice across two separate CC accounts.

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
and whether there has been any success getting the bonus points on multiple CC nos. linked to the same account ?
I think there is at least one HFPer trying this now, but the consesus is that the limit will be x2 per account, even if the exact wording of the offer might suggest differently. If you are a regular HFP reader then successes (or otherwise) with this sort of thing are normally reported in the comments on a fairly regular basis. This one certainly comes up two or three times a week at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.