Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Operated by Germania?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

OK I understand do you know if on their A319 in row 10 emergency seat whether it will recline or not? What is the seat pitch like in the other rows compared to BA ET?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by paulaf
Thanks I need 23kg! What about hand luggage - also BA not the 6kg????
Maybe I'm safer booking an exit row then.
CWS has said 3 times now that it is standard BA allowances. I don't see what is unclear here.

Just think of it as a BA flight with a different colour/logo painted on the outside of the plane. There may or may not be an inch of extra legroom but its a flight to Tenerife not a round the world trip.....
rossmacd likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Thanks you've reassured me about the luggage allowances, shame the website isn't clearer.
Still just would like to know is their A319 the same as BA or not ie extra legroom in convertible club seats e.g. row 3?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Thanks you've reassured me about the luggage allowances, shame the website isn't clearer.
Still just would like to know is their A319 the same as BA or not ie extra legroom in convertible club seats e.g. row 3?
BA have not had convertible club seats for a while and Germania appears to be a single class operator so I'd not expect extra legroom.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
Given that I appear to have flown on an airline that CWS hasn't I may as well add my 2p worth: the hard product will be exactly like being in economy on any other short haul A319/320. The seats were all the same on the plane, although there was probably a bit of extra legroom for the exit rows. In a non-exit row it was no more cramped than Easyjet or BA (though I'm not exactly tall!) I flew BHX-CMF return with them a couple of years ago, they were fine. Only problem I had was when CMF was fog-bound for the return, but that was hardly their fault,
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Interestingly I saw a Germania plane the other day at JER, and checking, JER doesn't show up on the route map.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all better nab the emergency exit seats then!
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
OK I understand do you know if on their A319 in row 10 emergency seat whether it will recline or not? What is the seat pitch like in the other rows compared to BA ET?
If row 10 is the exit row and if their seats recline at all then row 10 will recline and row 9 will not probably recline so it cannot block the door, as per BA and LH A319s

On a BA 320 row 11 and 12 are the exit row, 10 and 11 do not recline so they do not block the doors behind them, 12 does recline because there is no door behind it to block when reclined

edit** impede might be better than block
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
FYI the first few rows of BA planes do not have any extra legroom. Club now has the same legroom as economy.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I think the catering on germania could actually be quite good, maybe even a hot meal, which is what they offer on longer flights from Germany.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by aceman
Interestingly I saw a Germania plane the other day at JER, and checking, JER doesn't show up on the route map.
They fly to Tenerife - and three airports in Portugal - from JER...
e.g. https://www.flydirect.je/customer-in...ng-to-tenerife
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Concerto
I think the catering on germania could actually be quite good, maybe even a hot meal, which is what they offer on longer flights from Germany.
For the avoidance of any doubt whatsoever, and to reiterate what others have said multiple times above...

THIS IS A BA FLIGHT

It will have the same rules, baggage, etc. as normal. It will have whatever catering BA gives them to serve. We don't know yet whether this means BOB or free stuff, but either way Germania will have no say - they will not be buying any food or drink themselves to give passengers on the wet lease flights. In Club, BA will load their normal meals the same way they always do.

It really can't be put any clearer!
LTN Phobia, rossmacd and aidy like this.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by LordBuckethead
For the avoidance of any doubt whatsoever, and to reiterate what others have said multiple times above...

THIS IS A BA FLIGHT
Will the OLCI be the same as BA?

Don't worry I got it to start with....
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:41 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by simons1
Will the OLCI be the same as BA?
Nearly. 24 hours before departure you dash on to the aircraft and place a strikingly marked towel strategically on to the desired seat.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by LordBuckethead

THIS IS A BA FLIGHT

It will have the same rules, baggage, etc. as normal. It will have whatever catering BA gives them to serve. We don't know yet whether this means BOB or free stuff, but either way Germania will have no say - they will not be buying any food or drink themselves to give passengers on the wet lease flights. In Club, BA will load their normal meals the same way they always do.

It really can't be put any clearer!
Fair enough, after all, when Ryanair came in to help with a few aircraft some years ago they had to offer the then standard of BA catering.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.