Your BA predictions for 2018

Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by chongcao
4, IAG make a bid for Finnair together with Qatar and JAL;.
It's probably more likely that IAG will cooperate more closely with IG, another QR acquisition, that will receive new planes next year (and notably a couple of QR long haul birds).
Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: BAEC
Cruz moves onto to Level after learning the ropes at BA. (One can dream )
T8191 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Bronze!! Hilton Gold
Read post wrong!

Last edited by Woody12354; Jan 6, 2018 at 11:02 am Reason: Read post wrong
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
I'll optimistically predict that they hold off on any major changes to BAEC either status earning or redemption for this year while they wait to see how business travel holds up under continuing Brexit uncertainty. If memory serves, previous devaluations happened when the economy was growing healthily and they were less worried about filling seats at viable margins. Instead they'll focus on costcutting they think is less visible to customers, such as lounge staffing overseas and delaying rollout of improvements in CW service. Here's hoping anyway.
florens and 1flyer like this.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: BA GFL. AA EXP. Amex Plat. Mucci.
My prediction is this: BA continues to strive to drive down costs in order to remain competitive and profitable for IAG shareholders. As always, this is a difficult balance between appeasing customers and shareholders alike. Mr. Cruz (and his team) are only doing what the shareholders want him to do; they do not have a personal vendetta against any of us. The BAEC will change with market forces and continue to be a frequent traveller program put in place to reward frequent loyalty to BA. If an earnings based system comes into play the new system will continue to reward the customers that BA wants to keep.....it's nothing more sinister then that. If any changes make you feel devalued (personally or in avios) or if you drop a level or two in the EC, this is your very clear signal that you are not the target audience for BAEC anymore. Like it or not, that's what all this is really about; frequent loyalty will continue to be rewarded by BA to the customers it wants to keep regardless of any changes (good or bad).

My personal prediction is that I will drop down to Gold or possibly Silver from GGL regardless of any changes. The Toronto lounge closure was the last straw for me, and I am now giving most of my J travel business to AC on the YYZ/LHR route. Both the ground and the in-flight experiences at AC are now far superior to BA in J, and I may make a move later this year on the MIA/LHR sectors as well (although I'm not sure to what). Yes, I'm saddened by all of this as I have been scarily loyal to BA for over 40 years and I am also a sizable shareholder in IAG, but unless customers like you and me actually make the changes we discuss and propose on this board instead of just whining about them NOTHING is going to change.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
I'd like to see some "pay no cash" options on flights. Not necessarily cost efficient but just as an option for the Avios rich:

Pay 75,000 to 100,000 Avios to clear your Ł500 Long Haul taxes or 10,000 Avios for short haul.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
My wish is for Flyer Talkers to stop blaming Alex Cruz for every thing (while giving him credit for nothing). It got old about a year ago.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by Sealink
My wish is for Flyer Talkers to stop blaming Alex Cruz for every thing (while giving him credit for nothing). It got old about a year ago.
I suspect that might be a tad optimistic.

Aside from the ability to put on a floresent jacket, in an office, during a Server outage, in another building, I seem to have missed the positive aspects of his stewardship of BA from a customer POV.

Certainly not met any crew who have had a good word to say about him, and I think the fact that they have to hide the less favourable figures from investors says a lot.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:30 pm

BA pick up more slots at LGW as another operator departs.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BApilotinsider
BA pick up more slots at LGW as another operator departs.
mmmmm who could that be?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SAS Diamond
Hmm....I could be tempted to renew my BA Gold status during 2018 if BA could at least ..

- move CE catering on the LHR - OSL route to band 3, (...why do the Swedish routes get better catering in CE..?)
- refurbish the lavatories at T5 GF and the Galleries level above in case I end up dropping down from Gold.. .
- offer one more choice of superior high end (non Rose) Champagne choice in First. That is in case I decide to burn my Avios in BA F redemption flights. (I would never book BA F revenue flights). ...By the way any Krug vintage will do...
- improve Cabin cleaning further so seats, foldable tables, floors really look, feel and smell like being cleaned. And I can skip bringing with me 'wet wipes' onboard...

...For sure small and modest things...
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
Ok it’s that time of the year, hopefully a fun thread of your predictions for 2018 for our favourite airline. Be nice to keep it to predictions but if you add from your wishlist this is ok as well, just keep it fun. Be good to reflect on this at the end of the year.

My prediction - BA will gain a new GCH in the Kingston-Upon-Hull area this year.
Well we have now reached the end of 2018, my prediction has fallen well short of the mark athough I am back to silver, oh well maybe next year.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TedToToe
Selfishly, I'd like to predict BA launching LHR - NGO but I know that isn't going to happen! How about them ordering A321LRs?
Well, they did at least announce LHR-KIX!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.