Your BA predictions for 2018

Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Some form of new avios redemption system.... or maybe I am just hoping this while I carelessly get rid of my stash in anticipation for this!
already on the way.
the pr spin: dynamic pricing (much more) offers many more redemption opportunities.
the likely reality: GGL benefits heavily cut (no need for jokers) and a back door massive devaluation of your account whatever tier you are at.
spend and burn now... BA is going to do to avois what its done to the rest of its reputation.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 10:03 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Another IT disaster and Alex Cruz get the Spanish Archer (El-bow), leading to BA working hard to preserve their product in the eyes of the paying customer and reversing BoB, reduced leg room/extra rows on short haul aircraft and converting their 787’s into 8 abreast in Y.

Is is that too much wishful thinking 🤔?
S
Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:13 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
- Transfer to revenue based system away from Tier Points to straight cash based status
- Huge reduction in readership of BA board at FT when above happens
- Launch of a low cost carrier subsidiary from the UK
-
Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Forecast:

- significant deterioration in avios redemption ratio
- densification of LGW 772 branded a success and generalised to whole 777 fleet
- new CW experience scaled down and replaced by a hybrid between new CW and current CW catering concepts but generalised faster
- 2-4-1 coming with new restrictions like not useable for F
- Level and VY to take on part of LGW operations
- resignation from at least one big shot in areas of customer experience, sales, or the like

wishlist:

- that my forecast be wrong and that those who predict some free offering to status holders in ET, genuine product improvements and a mood of customer friendly charm operation, all of which I am quite sceptical of, be right.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:27 am

More LGW services and slots, especially as from May we have direct trains from Peterborough to LGW without the need to change in London.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:32 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
1. Increase in TPs required to reach Gold.

2. GGL and CCR to be combined at 5,000 TPs - removing the renewal at 3,000.

3. Inability to use 2-4-1 in First Class.

4. Complimentary drink for Silver/Gold/GGL passengers who have booked an Avios ticket in short-haul Y.

5. Complimentary drink for Gold/GGL passengers.

6. Increase in the number of Avios required to buy items from the BoB menu.

7. CW fares to rise by 10-15% ex-LHR/LGW to cover the upgraded on-board service. Sale Fares to remain the same.

8. BA to consider buying Norwegians UK business, under the LEVEL brand...which may allow them to get round a Competition Commission investigation into the slots held by BA at LGW.

M
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:50 am

1. Revenue based award FFP
2. A cull of lower tiers to reduce lounge usage or some other restrictions on status members using lounges on cheap tickets.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
1. Increase in TPs required to reach Gold.

2. GGL and CCR to be combined at 5,000 TPs - removing the renewal at 3,000.

3. Inability to use 2-4-1 in First Class.

4. Complimentary drink for Silver/Gold/GGL passengers who have booked an Avios ticket in short-haul Y.

5. Complimentary drink for Gold/GGL passengers.

6. Increase in the number of Avios required to buy items from the BoB menu.

7. CW fares to rise by 10-15% ex-LHR/LGW to cover the upgraded on-board service. Sale Fares to remain the same.

8. BA to consider buying Norwegians UK business, under the LEVEL brand...which may allow them to get round a Competition Commission investigation into the slots held by BA at LGW.

M
4&5 - this would be impossible for cabin crew to manage, especially given they are barely able to follow instructions properly on iPad as it is (eg “welcome to gold” mr 10 year gold member).
7 - BA will always seek to optimise prices, just because you change catering will not detract from competitive forces or what market will pay, they may seek to do so, however that would happen with or without new catering.
8 - tracing up the ownership structure to ultimate owner is not particularly hard. The ECC is concerned with ownership, not selling brand.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
4&5 - this would be impossible for cabin crew to manage, especially given they are barely able to follow instructions properly on iPad as it is (eg “welcome to gold” mr 10 year gold member).
Well AA do it so it's not impossible. It may be impossible for BA though

7 - BA will always seek to optimise prices, just because you change catering will not detract from competitive forces or what market will pay, they may seek to do so, however that would happen with or without new catering.
Agreed. Also I highly doubt the cost per head of the improved onboard service is 10-15% of average CW fare!

8 - tracing up the ownership structure to ultimate owner is not particularly hard. The ECC is concerned with ownership, not selling brand.
Ultimately it's concerned with the effect on competition, but agree with your point.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:19 am

Programs: Some
1. Level routes announced from LGW, probably initially through taking over existing lower yielding BA routes such as LGW-OAK and LGW-JFK; on the plus side, BoB is not yet extended to BA long-haul as a result
2. BAEC undergoes an effective devaluation through the guise of 'dynamic pricing'
3. LHR 777 fleet begins densification
4. New CW is revealed to be an underwhelming existing product with some suitably vague comments about refitting dates for the existing fleet (which probably ultimately doesn't happen)
5. BA CW new catering further roll-out is delayed, then scaled back from the original LHR-JFK format
6. Further closures of pre-flight dining facilities in the US and continued outsourcing of remaining BA staff outside of UK
7. Continued PR initiatives to try to improve BA's customer perception (more free Avios giveaways and ideas like the extra LHR family lounge guesting over Christmas)
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:36 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
I do think the mutually exclusive aspects of being an LCC and offering status benefits will have to be resolved possibly this year, either increasing the requirements for status, or reducing benefits on low value tickets.

Given that "Cost cutting is now in the DNA of BA" I have little doubt that the customer experience will continue its controled decent.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Worcester
I have little doubt that the customer experience will continue its controled decent.
You are descending into an exciting slip of the finger that Mr Cruz should feel very grateful for!
Worcester and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 4:14 am

I am sure Mr Cruz is very grateful for all the ideas posted up by posters on this thread. It is a bit like a group of turkeys all posting up how they like to be roasted for Xmas or Thanksgiving.
allturnleft and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 4:36 am

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
I just love how after the upbeat second post the thread rapidly moves to doom and and gloom. I’m with PETER01 and also a very happy customer. I already have my 2018/9 TP year flights booked and will easily retain gold. I have also yet again had no problem finding the F flights of my choice on my 2 4 1 voucher. Apart from connecting flights MAN/LGW I’m happy with BA. If I was constrained to flying ar the back of the plane without status then I would do what I did when I was younger and less affluent. Fly the cheapest
Old Jan 6, 2018, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
1. Further enhancements to LHR-JFK [and possibly BOS] services.

2. CW enhancement programme deferred until 2020.

3. Senior BA personnel changes.

4. Manipulation of BAEC programme to the detriment of members.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.