Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SSSS - Experiences?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2020, 11:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist , Bonvoy Titanium United Silver AA Platinum, AS Gold 75K
Everyone suggesting that people with SSSS should hand off their bags to companion I have to disagree with this. I think you could put yourself in a serious situation by trying to “game the system” I understand that the whole process is terribly inconvenient, invasive and embarrassing however this is the world we live in and I honestly think it could escalate for someone who is caught doing such a thing. That’s just my 2 cents, to each their own. On another note what is this WTP I keep hearing about? I’ve never seen that on my boarding pass that I’ve noticed. Safe travels everyone, and remember no one can ever take your integrity so hold on to it with everything you have.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 12:09 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
applejax You're unlikely to see WTP on a BP unless travelling as such as it stands for "World Traveller Plus" / the BA version of 'Premium Economy"

Whilst I don't personally hand off my own hand baggage to anyone it would make zero difference unless you decided to do so in front of the people doing the 2nd screening and even then those people are not even Government mandated ( DfT) security staff but from A 3rd party, private, contracted, company. They have zero powers and are not a mandated 'Control Agency'. Whilst I feel you should let them do their job they also aren't to be worried about. Said staff would have no way of knowing you had handed anything off unless you did it it front of them. You may have 1 x HB listed on your file however they have no way of knowing this without checking and if you said it was your partners HB you just said was yours to comply with HB rules then they have no recourse to demand to see/ test it. Said staff can report that they felt X/Y/Z but they have no right to deny you boarding.

If anyone finds the process "embarrassing or invasive" then their own base level is somewhat low imho but of course that's a personal thing.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by applejax
Everyone suggesting that people with SSSS should hand off their bags to companion I have to disagree with this. I think you could put yourself in a serious situation by trying to “game the system” I understand that the whole process is terribly inconvenient, invasive and embarrassing however this is the world we live in and I honestly think it could escalate for someone who is caught doing such a thing. That’s just my 2 cents, to each their own. On another note what is this WTP I keep hearing about? I’ve never seen that on my boarding pass that I’ve noticed. Safe travels everyone, and remember no one can ever take your integrity so hold on to it with everything you have.
The “system” is already a game, and we’re all already playing it whether we know it or not. SSSS is a useless waste of time and resources. These “security” people would be better deployed loading bags or manning security checkpoints to help LHR serve its primary function as a transport hub instead of play-acting in a charade.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:40 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
"The “system” is already a game, and we’re all already playing it whether we know it or not. SSSS is a useless waste of time and resources. These “security” people would be better deployed loading bags or manning security checkpoints to help LHR serve its primary function as a transport hub instead of play-acting in a charade".

You have no idea how many potential attacks have been thwarted, nor abandoned at early stages because of the heightened security at airports. The fact that we have not had a repeat of the tragedies and terrorist attacks does not mean we should not be vigilant. Building randomness into the system is a useful tool.
hbtr likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:54 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Last time I had SSSS, I gave my bigger bag to SWMBO, in full view of the SSSS people. They had no concerns. They searched my back pack, and that was it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.