Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Avis Fly Drive

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
Originally Posted by OrlandoSwan

I assume you just headed straight to the garage? Was it at MCO.... does it matter if you opt for ‘Side A’ or ‘Side B’?
It was MCO, and I did just go straight to the parking garage, I don't recall which side, but it was international arrivals if that makes any difference.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by chris1922Mk2
It was MCO, and I did just go straight to the parking garage, I don't recall which side, but it was international arrivals if that makes any difference.
Last time I went through MCO as an Avis Preferred there was a digital board up by the car park with your name and a bay number. Go to bay, check over the car then drive car out and on the way out the barrier attendant will check your details. Alas having done all of that I was turned back at the barrier as it seemed the corporate voucher had an issue and I spent an hour in the office sorting it before driving out in a different car.

In essence when it works it's great and when it doesn't it's a total pain in the ....
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
To be fair I did have to go to the small desk in the parking garage, but only because I was also picking up a child car seat. But I was taken instantly and was out in five minutes, compared to about two hours the previous year, in the terminal.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:23 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RJD1983
So how can I find out what the excess is prior to booking? TY
In the USA it will be nil.

That will exclude tyres and keys as I understand it.

Avis Preferred is a must. Get registered and ensure you key in your Avis number when booking on BA.com or at AvisBA.com after the event.

A topcashback lead in to BA Holidays will also earn you a few quid.
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue
I phoned BA (just now), and they confirmed that all of their USA locations include zero excess, and they also recommended (like others said) to get Avis Preferred, particularly for LAX. The gent said it would save you a minimum of 1 hour.

I will check with TopCashBack then! That's great to know. I will let you know how I get on.
T8191 and shonerm like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.