FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   HAL drops domestic fees - speculation on new routes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1886019-hal-drops-domestic-fees-speculation-new-routes.html)

Worcester Jan 3, 2018 7:36 am

HAL drops domestic fees - speculation on new routes

From Head for Points
HAL will from the domestic fees per passenger by £5.

The plan is to increase the number of UK destinations served from Heathrow to 14 from the current eight by 2025
As we all (well a significant portion of our dear community) like to play armchair CEO, and given that BA are best placed to make use of these slots, which destinations do we see being added?

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...127556d5bc.gif

scottishpoet Jan 3, 2018 7:38 am

will we see these cost reductions being reflected in low fares on domestic flights?

Worcester Jan 3, 2018 7:41 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet (Post 29244211)
will we see these cost reductions being reflected in low fares on domestic flights?

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha
[Edit, sorry were you being serious?]

bhbloke Jan 3, 2018 7:41 am

Let's not forget Plymouth, closed by an unscrupulous property developer but now protected by the local council and ready to be re-opened

Globaliser Jan 3, 2018 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Worcester (Post 29244228)

Originally Posted by scottishpoet (Post 29244211)

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha
[Edit, sorry were you being serious?]

As PSC is separately charged to passengers as one of the TFC, I would expect the reduction to flow straight through. If you price LHR-EDI and look at the TFC breakdown (eg on ITA), you will see the PSC line shows £14.30; if you price LHR-AMS, the PSC is £19.30. All that is exactly as the HfP article says.

DVT Jan 3, 2018 7:49 am

Jersey would be good to avoid the LGW to LHR schlep on long haul ex-JER trips.

WorldLux Jan 3, 2018 7:49 am

A LCY-LHR would be nice :D

Dave Noble Jan 3, 2018 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 29244247)
As PSC is separately charged to passengers as one of the TFC, I would expect the reduction to flow straight through. If you price LHR-EDI and look at the TFC breakdown (eg on ITA), you will see the PSC line shows £14.30; if you price LHR-AMS, the PSC is £19.30. All that is exactly as the HfP article says.

I expect that the PSC line item will reduce and by an incredible coincidence , at the same time, the fare component will increase by exactly the same amount

The winner here , I expect, will be the airline rather than the passenger

kingcole974 Jan 3, 2018 8:04 am

Originally Posted by bhbloke (Post 29244231)
Let's not forget Plymouth, closed by an unscrupulous property developer but now protected by the local council and ready to be re-opened

Nor Shoreham (AKA Brighton City Airport)

Globaliser Jan 3, 2018 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 29244295)
I expect that the PSC line item will reduce and by an incredible coincidence , at the same time, the fare component will increase by exactly the same amount

Pricing LHR-EDI today with the reduced PSC - base fare OV2RO of £51.00 (plus GDS fee of £8.00 if using ITA).

The corresponding base fare on 30 December 2017? £51.00.

corporate-wage-slave Jan 3, 2018 8:11 am

OK, I'l play: IOM, JER, NQY, CWL, LSI and CAX. The last would be a good place for a Do, since they have a café, albeit named Café Stobart.

This may be a side-show to the 3rd Runway non-event (given the government's current majority): LGW promised to subsidise regional routes - provided they were awarded a new runway instead of LHR.

Dave Noble Jan 3, 2018 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 29244350)
Pricing LHR-EDI today with the reduced PSC - base fare OV2RO of £51.00 (plus GDS fee of £8.00 if using ITA).

The corresponding base fare on 30 December 2017? £51.00.

I am inclined to believe that it will not be long before BA needs to increase fares by GBP5 in order to stay competitive

the storm fisherman Jan 3, 2018 8:27 am

SOU would be a good bet as to give south-west trains some competition and not having to go into london using the tube or the HWX or catching the bus from Woking.

kanderson1965 Jan 3, 2018 8:35 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 29244370)
OK, I'l play: IOM, JER, NQY, CWL, LSI and CAX. The last would be a good place for a Do, since they have a café, albeit named Café Stobart.

This may be a side-show to the 3rd Runway non-event (given the government's current majority): LGW promised to subsidise regional routes - provided they were awarded a new runway instead of LHR.

Café Stobart at CAX is quite good. May need to be a small do though.

Cafe

BlueThroughCrimp Jan 3, 2018 8:36 am

Dundee International!
(I'd hope for City at some point, but I'm not holding my breath).