Search

GGL partner cards efficiency question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by DrHalxx
Please let me know of the outcome and how you handled this
Good luck
Hi. My Mum was upgraded back to Silver this week after I escalated the issue with someone else in the GGL team.

It was Paul from the GGL team who resolved the issue for me. I actually think it was Paul who resolved it when this happened two years ago too! So he clearly understands the glitch.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, BA GGL
I have just been discussing with them today and the agent I spoke to said its based on Card expiry date - so I nominated my recipient on 16th Oct 2017 who had a card expiry date of 31st Oct 2017 (membership year end of 8th of Sep) so the loyalty team are saying that the Gold only lasted to 31st Oct 2018.... I am really confused as when you read the T&Cs it says membership date not card expiry #confused now
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
The t’s and c’s say in 8.3:

8.3. On receipt of a satisfactory application form British Airways shall at its discretion issue to the Nominee a discretionary Silver/Gold Partner Card which will be valid for a minimum of 12 months from the date of issue. For Nominees who are existing Executive Club Members, the discretionary British Airways Silver/Gold Card period shall begin from the date of acceptance by British Airways of the Nominee and last until the Nominee’s Membership Year End date and for the 12 month period thereafter. For Nominees who are not existing Executive Club Members at time of nomination Silver/Gold Cards will be valid for a period of 12 months from the date of acceptance by British Airways of the Nominee.

Membership Year End means the expiry date on the Membership Card;
GGL are now enforcing:

the period to the expiry date of the then current card at the point of nomination acceptance, plus 1 year; as distinct from

the period to the expiry of the then current tier point collection year at the time of nomination, plus 1 card year.

So it’s important to nominate after the expiry of the current card, to get nearly 2 years, otherwise you may get just over 1 year, depending on dates.

Last edited by rjn21; Nov 7, 2018 at 11:20 am
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, BA GGL
Originally Posted by rjn21
The t’s and c’s say in 8.3:

GGL are now enforcing:

the period to the expiry date of the then current card at the point of nomination acceptance, plus 1 year; as distinct from

the period to the expiry of the then current tier point collection year at the time of nomination, plus 1 card year.

So it’s important to nominate after the expiry of the current card.
Missed that little bit in the T&Cs.... never make a lawyer!

Its ok as I have re-qualified so will just nominate again next month when my year rolls over... Not me not getting access to the Gallery First lounges :-)
Old Nov 7, 2018, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Did T&Cs changed recently? What if I have an email saying that they will sort it out post expiry ?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:38 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, CX DM, QF GO, AA LT GO, UA SL, LH FT, Marr LT Titanium, Shang DM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton DM
This seems to be the latest thread on this partner card timing issue...

The latest above seems to confirm that now the latest is that they would look at "card expiry date" instead of "Tier Points collection year end", when deciding current year + next twelve months for the partner cards?

Say for my friend's "card expiry" of May 31, 2019, I should nominate Jun 1 or after, instead of Apr 9 or after?

Any other recent experiences? Of course in the end I'd still try to get a written confirmation from GGL as a record.

Thanks a lot!
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:10 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by tedhl
This seems to be the latest thread on this partner card timing issue...

The latest above seems to confirm that now the latest is that they would look at "card expiry date" instead of "Tier Points collection year end", when deciding current year + next twelve months for the partner cards?

Say for my friend's "card expiry" of May 31, 2019, I should nominate Jun 1 or after, instead of Apr 9 or after?

Any other recent experiences? Of course in the end I'd still try to get a written confirmation from GGL as a record.

Thanks a lot!
yes
seems like it is card expiry date - so best to nominate after 1 June
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:19 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
It’s definitely card Expiry Date, nominate the day after and they will get status for 2 years. 2 Days ago I nominated my niece with Card Expiry of 31 March 2020. Her card Expiry now shows as 31 March 2021. So 2 years of status. From Blue to Silver for 2 years in a matter of clicks .... BA IT at its best 😊🤗
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Apologies for straying a bit OT....
I want to take two of my partner card nominees off my Friends and Family list for a while (in order to put a couple of people on to make some bookings for them not because the original ones have been naughty). I haven't found anything that suggests their partner cards will become invalid but am slightly fretful.
Has anyone done this? Or know if the cards stay valid until the expiry date on them? Please.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:31 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Iamnotlost
Apologies for straying a bit OT....
I want to take two of my partner card nominees off my Friends and Family list for a while (in order to put a couple of people on to make some bookings for them not because the original ones have been naughty). I haven't found anything that suggests their partner cards will become invalid but am slightly fretful.
Has anyone done this? Or know if the cards stay valid until the expiry date on them? Please.
once you have nominated them, taking them off your f&f list will have no bearing on their status so they will continue to get it until the expiry date on the card.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:46 pm

Thanks KARFA for swift and reassuring reply.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:13 am

Mixed messages

Me again but back on topic with an observation of my recent experience.

So, today I try to nominate someone from my HHA for a partner card. The website sends me round in circles from my HHA telling me I need to create an HHA before I can nominate anyone. When I tried to nominate some one from my F&F list I had the same issue and did that by email and as part of the reply got this on 03/03/19 ....

"Thank you for your email.

I have now nominated xxxxx for a Silver partner card, this is effective immediately and she should get an email confirming that her account has been upgraded. You are correct, she will have the card for the remainder of her card validity, plus the subsequent card validity year. (So in effect will have the status till 2021)."

Today the person I spoke to on the GGL line volunteered the card will be valid for a year from today. I said that I understood the status lasted for the rest of this membership year and then another year and got the reply it would last a year from today.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 2:48 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Does the advice to wait to send a invitation for a partner card until after "card validity" date (rather than TP reset-date) date also hold even for someone with BAEC Blue status (to get two years benefit)?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 7:44 am

I have to say I am confused about this still. But I have a further question that I cannot find an answer to. Does or will the nominee find out WHO gifted them the card? Can it ever be a total and anonymous surprise, or will it say something like "Dear Mrs Snuffi Snr" (for it is my mother I plan to nominate), you have been gifted a card by your dear son Snuffi", or is just a welcome pack in the post with no indication of how or why, and I can confess later?

She is an existing member, albeit blue now, and her TP collection year ends in August. I realise I am not maxing this out but that is a fair way to wait and she has flights before then. If I gift now when will it end? Aug 2021? Sept 2021?

thanks

Last edited by snuffi; Jan 20, 2020 at 7:52 am
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:12 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by snuffi
I have to say I am confused about this still. But I have a further question that I cannot find an answer to. Does or will the nominee find out WHO gifted them the card? Can it ever be a total and anonymous surprise, or will it say something like "Dear Mrs Snuffi Snr" (for it is my mother I plan to nominate), you have been gifted a card by your dear son Snuffi", or is just a welcome pack in the post with no indication of how or why, and I can confess later?

She is an existing member, albeit blue now, and her TP collection year ends in August. I realise I am not maxing this out but that is a fair way to wait and she has flights before then. If I gift now when will it end? Aug 2021? Sept 2021?

thanks
They don't see who gifted the card, just get an email titled "Mrs Snuffi Snr, welcome to a new level of benefits" on a gold (if gold nominee) background, followed by a few more lines of text. You will of course need their BAEC details in order to nominate them. The pack will then arrive in due course.

If her TP collection year ends in August 2020, the gifted status benefits will run until end of Sep 2021. You can then nominate her again at the start of Oct 2021 and that will run until end of Sep 2023 (assuming no changes to how BAEC does this). If you time this right, you can keep two nominees continuously gold, of course contingent on you remaining GGL.

Last edited by Oaxaca; Jan 20, 2020 at 8:59 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.