Search

Advice with flight upgrade & re-ticketing

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Advice with flight upgrade & re-ticketing

Hi all

Looking for some advice regarding flight upgrading and re-ticketing.

I recently made a BA Holidays booking for Barbados later this year, hotel and return flights in CW. About a week after booking I noticed the difference between CW and First was quite small so I called in and upgraded the outbound leg to F (FYI, BA Holidays rep as usual incredibly helpful and waived the change fee).

This was about 2 weeks ago and I've noticed that in my app the outbound leg ticket number has disappeared and I've not had an email from BA confirming the change. The seat/class has updated on the app and in MMB but as I've not processed an upgrade like this before, do I need to follow up to 1) Get a proper confirmation email and 2) Get the full ticket number for the outbound? The inbound leg still has a ticket number.

All help and advice very welcome!
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Bobbie2013
This was about 2 weeks ago and I've noticed that in my app the outbound leg ticket number has disappeared and I've not had an email from BA confirming the change. The seat/class has updated on the app and in MMB but as I've not processed an upgrade like this before, do I need to follow up to 1) Get a proper confirmation email and 2) Get the full ticket number for the outbound? The inbound leg still has a ticket number.

All help and advice very welcome!
Don't panic! This all sounds pretty normal. It can take BA a while to reissue the ticket to reflect the change. When that's done, you will probably find that there will be a new ticket number, and that new ticket will have both halves of the trip on it.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
On the other hand, if it is still like this 48 hours before departure (ok, let's say of the outbound leg) then you should ring BA Holidays again and ask them to push it through the system. Usually waiting a bit will do the trick.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Globaliser/C-W-S thank you both very much, I thought I was likely being overly cautious but always best to check.

On a slightly different note, I've only ever flown F from Heathrow before - do F bookings from Gatwick still have access to YouFirst for general questions?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:57 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Bobbie2013

On a slightly different note, I've only ever flown F from Heathrow before - do F bookings from Gatwick still have access to YouFirst for general questions?
Yes you do have access to You First.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.