Wiki Posts
Search

BA207 20th Dec - not sure they cleaned it

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
BA207 20th Dec - not sure they cleaned it

Flew upper deck CW on the BA207 (LHR -> MIA).

Flight was approx. 45m / 1 hour late leaving as the aircraft (G-CIVD) was late arriving on stand from the LHR maintenance area and the cleaners were still on board.

However what they were actually doing whilst on board is anybody's guess as seen by the below photos taken upon arrival at my seat.

Think I will email BA to complain but I am not sure what good it will do as I don't think they really care.

Last edited by clarkeysntfc; Jan 2, 2018 at 3:11 am
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Compared with the state of the toilets in the Manchester lounge yesterday, that is positively spotless. The dirt, grime and stains in the men's toilets are not the result of a few days or even weeks without cleaning - they indicate many months without a proper clean.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:37 am
Original Poster

According to basource the aircraft had not flown for 3 days prior to the flight. It was in maintenance at Heathrow so clearly BA don't use maintenance breaks as an opportunity to service the aircraft cabins...
hedgehopper and tedcruz like this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:30 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
I don't think any of the stains in those photos looked anywhere near 'fresh', I suspect they have been there for some time. For the sake of efficiency, we should maybe only have a "my BA flight had been properly cleaned" thread - although admittedly that wouldn't have very many posts in it
Stez, haroon145 and I2sky like this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
All looks to BA standard.
FlyerTalker688786 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
I am pretty sure air vents only get cleaned during deep cleans , and deep cleans are only when the aircraft is taken out of service to be cleaned more throughly ?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by clarkeysntfc
According to basource the aircraft had not flown for 3 days prior to the flight. It was in maintenance at Heathrow so clearly BA don't use maintenance breaks as an opportunity to service the aircraft cabins...
Seriously.....you would expect BA to allow cleaners within the maintenance area?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by simons1
Seriously.....you would expect BA to allow cleaners within the maintenance area?
I would expect that aircraft would be thoroughly cleaned as a matter of course when exiting scheduled maintenance.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:35 am

I would expect that aircraft would be thoroughly cleaned as a matter of course when exiting scheduled maintenance.
So would I, but you said it was late to stand returning from maintenance so perhaps there wasn't the time unless it meant delaying the flight.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Why can't the maintenance people have cleaners?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:50 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Why can't the maintenance people have cleaners?
I imagine because maintenance areas need to be tightly controlled for both safety and security reasons - and the cost of putting a trained, cleared subset of cleaners into maintenance bays just doesn’t make any sense when the work can be done in a dedicated area and another plane put into the maintenance hanger - which is called Dynamic Resource Allocation.
argonath likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Think I will email BA to complain but I am not sure what good it will do as I don't think they really care.
That type of dirt looks as if it would need a deep clean rather than just a normal in between flight one. Did you send in a complaint regarding your last flight on a dirty aircraft which wasn't that long ago?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:07 am
Original Poster

So would I, but you said it was late to stand returning from maintenance so perhaps there wasn't the time unless it meant delaying the flight.
The flight left approx 1 hour late. When "go to gate" came up on the screen, we left the CX lounge, by the time we reached the gate (10 mins walk at least) they announced that boarding was at delay because the cleaners were still on board.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:11 am

The flight left approx 1 hour late. When "go to gate" came up on the screen, we left the CX lounge, by the time we reached the gate (10 mins walk at least) they announced that boarding was at delay because the cleaners were still on board.
You have answered the question yourself then. The aircraft was late out of maintenance, late to the gate, late to depart and no doubt the cleaners were expected to do a deep clean in 5 minutes, motivated by their love of BA and the minimum wage.

Not saying it's right but there are no margins for manouevre at BA these days.
ahmetdouas likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
You have answered the question yourself then. The aircraft was late out of maintenance, late to the gate, late to depart and no doubt the cleaners were expected to do a deep clean in 5 minutes, motivated by their love of BA and the minimum wage.

Not saying it's right but there are no margins for manouevre at BA these days.
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
I imagine because maintenance areas need to be tightly controlled for both safety and security reasons - and the cost of putting a trained, cleared subset of cleaners into maintenance bays just doesn’t make any sense when the work can be done in a dedicated area and another plane put into the maintenance hanger - which is called Dynamic Resource Allocation.

Could they not pay the engineers maintaining the plane a bit more to do some cleaning as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.