Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2018, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
In what universe does a BAEC Gold Card give you priory access to the escalators in a train station?
Honestly, no idea, as it was happening, I thought seriously is this happening and smiled, I was tempted to take a photo for thread but thought better of it. I only think MissGC got so far as Austrian's are sticklers for rule's ie no-one would dare cross the road when the crossing had the red man, evan if the road was empty and it was 11 at night, they waited for the green man.
Steve_ZA likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
CE DUB to LHR

As you all know its a short flight of usually about 55 minutes. The crew really struggle to get everyone fed and watered before the pilot announces decent. Today we had 6 rows all full so 24 people to feed in that time.

Their was a family of 5 on the flight. I had never seen such entitled kids (teenagers) before. They all picked up the M&S menu and wanted items off it. They were told they would have to pay. The response was "So. I want it, Dad I want it" It seems they wanted something that had to be heated as the response was it takes 15 minutes to warm up and we would have landed by then so they took the panni what was on offer in CE with loads of huffs and puffs.

Once we landed we were taken to B gates which for Dublin flights means a bus and rear steps. The father stormed up the front saying this isn't on and this isn't why he pays for business. Thankfully the captain came out and calmed him down. More annoying on the bus over to the Dublin section I could hear the lads shite music from his headphones from across the bus. Just some people you know to stay away from.
cjb666 and LTN Phobia like this.

Last edited by pacenotes; Aug 28, 2018 at 5:03 am
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by pacenotes
CE DUB to LHR

As you all know its a short flight of usually about 55 minutes. The crew really struggle to get everyone fed and watered before the pilot announces decent. Today we had 6 rows all full so 24 people to feed in that time.

I had a family of 5 on the flight. I had never seen such entitled kids (teenagers) before. They all picked up the M&S menu and wanted items off it. They were told they would have to pay. The response was "So. I want it, Dad I want it" It seems they wanted something that had to be heated as the response was it takes 15 minutes to warm up and they would have landed by then they took the panni what was on offer in CE with loads of huffs and puffs.

Once we landed we were taken to B gates which for Dublin flights means a bus and rear steps. The father stormed up the front saying this isn't on and this isn't why he pays for business. Thankfully the captain came out and calmed him down. More annoying on the bus over to the Dublin section I could hear the lads shite music from his headphones from across the bus. Just some people you know to stay away from.
They really put business class on a bus? With all the other pax? Wow. Even here in Indo they have a separate van for business class. I kind of understand why he'd be upset on that.
fartoomanyusers likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
They really put business class on a bus? With all the other pax? Wow. Even here in Indo they have a separate van for business class. I kind of understand why he'd be upset on that.
They normally put them on first so that they will get off last but using the rear steps solves this
clubeurope likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Fights from Dublin have a unique passport and customs arrangement at LHR. Basically: they have no passport check but do have a customs check. This makes them different from all other domestic and international arrivals that have either both or neither of these things. To solve it, there is one gate at LHR T5 (reserved for Dublin arrivals) that feeds into the international baggage hall bypassing the passport checks. If you flight from Dublin pulls up at any other gate in T5, it won't have suitable arrivals facilities for Dublin passengers so you'll need to be bussed to the correct gate, despite the plane being connected an airbridge.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:51 pm

On arrival at LHR last week all CW passengers first on the bus, which meant last off

some of the size of the bags the WT clan carry on is incredible2-3 enourmous bags that personally would do me for a 10-14 day trip , not very well policed imo
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:37 pm

Oh the horror! Having to ride the same bus as coach passengers????? If I were you, I would never fly BA again, ever!
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Oh the horror! Having to ride the same bus as coach passengers????? If I were you, I would never fly BA again, ever!
I am talking about time, not "rubbing shoulders with economy pax." For most other airlines, throughout the globe, business class is more than a comfier seat, it is supposed to be a streamlined, time saving experience, which typically includes not waiting for the entire plane to board the same bus if a bus gate is required.
fartoomanyusers likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:44 pm

If I were you, I would never fly BA again, ever!
Well, I tried it once, and I haven't been back (horrifying business class layout and skinny seats), so you're safe, you wont have to share a bus with me.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:46 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I am talking about time, not "rubbing shoulders with economy pax." For most other airlines, throughout the globe, business class is more than a comfier seat, it is supposed to be a streamlined, time saving experience, which typically includes not waiting for the entire plane to board the same bus if a bus gate is required.
for some reasons, I would find this practice to be a lot more common in developing countries where economic divide is a lot more visible, rather than the more developed countries. For instance, they still cram everyone in the same bus whenever they use bus gates at places like HKG and SIN.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Last night at ARN boarding the AY flight to HEL. This person was demanding to be moved to a seat further forward on the aircraft due to a short connection. He also went on about how many times a year He flew AT. He was saying the woman next to him was in the same position (she looked embarrassed). He was denied a seat move with the explanation that he was in the first row of economy. He took it in bad grace. On landing at HEL he tried to bulldoze through the business cabin to be rebuffed by a large Swedish guy. I ended up helping the woman that he had taken up to the podium with him with her bag as she was sat just in front of me in row 10. When I asked about the short connection she explained their connection was 90 minutes.
caedwa likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Boarding at TXL a month or so ago.

There are usually two agents at the gate who scan boarding cards from either side of the desk. A queue of five had formed on the side that had the "Priority" board on, me included.

Boarding was announced but there was just one GA there, and manning the scanner on the other side of the desk. As a result the five of us were suddenly in the "wrong" place and needed to merge with lots of people now queuing on the other side, but in reverse order.

#1 in the "priority" queue, a British man, who'd already been doing a lot of watch checking went red in the face and started having a tantrum at the prospect of losing his queue position. Everyone looked on in surprise. The gate agent shrugged and let him through first to keep the peace.

I ended up merging with the larger queue with #2 behind me. He'd muttered "F**king Germans" (in relation to the GA) after #1 's tantrum loudly enough for me to hear. The whole queue merging thing was very orderly but during it #2 started pushing me from behind. After realising that it wasn't an accident I (loudly) asked him to "please stop pushing me". He huffed that "he should have been first in the queue", so I politely (actually quite patronisingly) invited him to go in front of me if he needed to. He declined and was quiet from then on, what a prat though.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: BA GGL
It is a fair point, though. Having to walk through CW is bad enough, and I'd hate to have to share a bus with business class passengers, but economy is just awful. I once wandered back there to stretch my legs and found myself gagging on the smell. It's almost inhumane!! I'm sure my chum, nufnuf77 would understand...
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
It is a fair point, though. Having to walk through CW is bad enough, and I'd hate to have to share a bus with business class passengers, but economy is just awful. I once wandered back there to stretch my legs and found myself gagging on the smell. It's almost inhumane!! I'm sure my chum, nufnuf77 would understand...
Indeed, I completely sympathise.

Though I sometimes travel with a gentleman who likes to put on a full First class kit (including pyjamas, slippers, pashmina, eye cover) and then wonder down the back of 747 promenading like a stallion... @Charlie26r
T8191 and bhbloke like this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: Tesco Clubcard, Heathrow Rewards, M&S Sparks, Caffè Nero, HSBC rewards... BAEC defector
Originally Posted by BA or bust
Unintentional DYKWIA must mean you are a IDMTBE* DYKWIA! ;-)

*I don't mean to be DYKWIA.
You mean YDKWIA (you do know who I am).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.