DYKWIA | 2018 edition

Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
Heavy, shiny, and all the details on the back.
Sounds like my last tinder date
Old Jun 22, 2018, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
Sounds like my last tinder date
Too much information ...
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by RichP

I thought the Coutts ones were Silk...
Only if you're a Northerner.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:27 am

Last week, I had just made my way to the one unoccupied toilet (upstairs 747), and had my hand on the door, when this guy ran at the door, and pushed me out of the way.

I only managed a garbled "excu...," when he screamed "I NEED TO TAKE A SH*T!" right in my face and slammed the door.

To his credit, he looked, er, pained.

Maybe this is more DYKINTTAS?
Sealink, T8191, YacozA and 8 others like this.

Last edited by newyorklondon; Jun 22, 2018 at 4:12 am
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by newyorklondon
Last week, I had just made my way to the one unoccupied toilet (upstairs 747), and had my hand on the door, when this guy ran at the door, and pushed me out of the way.

I only managed a garbled "excu...," when he screamed "I NEED TO TAKE A SH*T!" right in my face and slammed the door.

Maybe this is more DYKNINTTAS?
hope you moved to another fresh toilet
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I went downstairs, came back, and fell asleep. I believe he was in there for some time, as I was accidentally woken sometime later by the dulcet tones of two members of the cabin crew singing that lovely lullaby Sir? Sir? Are you OK, Sir? at the toilet door.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 3:07 am

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Corrected for you 😀

Some passengers can be a right pain in the arse!
lhrpete, wrp96 and newyorklondon like this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)

Maybe this is more DYKINTTAS?
Ha! Similar experience to my father last year. It was on a JFK-LHR in CW and that stage shortly before the cabin gets secured for landing and lots of people are in line for the loo. When the door opens this woman who was behind my father charges and pushes with both hands the passenger about to enter out of the way and runs in. No words said on entry, no words said on exit.

The member of cabin crew in the galley that was finishing up breakfast service said it was the worst case of "toilet rage" they'd seen!
Old Jun 22, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Fraser
The member of cabin crew in the galley that was finishing up breakfast service said it was the worst case of "toilet rage" they'd seen!
Toilet rage I would let slip. Infinitely preferable to an accident in the cabin.
lhrpete, LTN Phobia, wrp96 and 4 others like this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by LCY8737

Toilet rage I would let slip. Infinitely preferable to an accident in the cabin.
Mercifully our Consultant Uroligist has cured my ‘urgency’ problem (4cm bladder stone!) but I still have great sympathy for queue-jumpers in this context
lhrpete, wrp96, smokie36 and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 7:51 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
DYKWIA- more frequently than I'd expect, there is a Gold member in a neighbouring seat who for some reason starts telling me how he travels so much and is a BA Gold and 'gets lots of benefits'.

I don't tell them about GGL (I don't particularly wish to deflate their ego trip). Then the cabin crew comes to greet me occasionally, and I get this really strange look from the Goldie chap.

Originally Posted by Calum
I have yet to have hands on experience with such a card, they are mainly issued/used in the middle east/asia. I can't see any issues with having diamonds encrusted on a card and I think the customers with the cards would get a little upset if the diamonds started falling off! These cards command big fees.

Here are a two examples - LINK - LINK

Metal cards should really become the standard, sending them back for recycling would be much better than the current cut them up.
No thanks from someone with metal allergy. Gold is fine, but many other metals cause my skin to get very messy (I recently lost one of my fingerprints from a computer mouse which I thought was OK). I cut them (plastic ones) up and chuck them in the recycle bin so they still get recycled, assuming the recycling service is doing what they say they do.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Jun 22, 2018 at 8:47 am Reason: Incredibly dodgy spelling, I wasn't even PUTI!
Old Jun 22, 2018, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Commendable restraint, Lady LTN Phobia ^
ThatT1Feeling and Padmeister like this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:47 pm

When you gotta go, you gotta go!
lhrpete and newyorklondon like this.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 1:38 pm

I don’t think jumping a toilet queue is necessarily a DY..... moment.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Surrey CCC
I think toilet man may have been on the flight to Mumbai yesterday - he jumped the Club queue 30 mins before landing declaring that "He needs to take a p*ss urgently". Possible coincidence though..
newyorklondon likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.