Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by T8191
I’m sure it was “Ground Agent” when I had a horizontal relationship with one a good few decades ago ... how things have changed in the 21st Century.
This made me laugh so hard I snorted. Thanks for that.

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I've done this before when someone is having a conference call without headphones. Sat down with my daughter who at that time would have been 5. Guy is shouting into a laptop and multiple voices are shouting back.

"Hey sweetie. Bet you don't know all the words to Let It Go..."
"Yes I do, watch... *deep breath*"
"I'm going to get some water, I need to hear you from over there."

The guy moved his call shortly after.

This is quite excellent.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
BA2063 tonight:
One passenger with an oversized bag pack pushing everyone out of his way so he could get to the front of the queue. Had it in my face.

Lots of people talking about how bad the 777s are and how they only travel upper deck normally (I didn't know people had these chats offline).

One guy actually bringing his old First pj (including hole in the top part) and wearing it on board.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by LCY8737
Lots of people talking about how bad the 777s are and how they only travel upper deck normally (I didn't know people had these chats offline).
Does this really count as DYKWIA? Surely DYKWIA would be 'I only travel in F normally'? I'm quite happy to admit there is zero chance of me flying Club World on a BA 777 any time soon for as long as I can avoid it.
crazyarmadillo and chynaS like this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 2:14 pm

Total First pj count is 3 now. Quite amazing for the tiny 5 row forward club cabin.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 6:03 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Total First pj count is 3 now. Quite amazing for the tiny 5 row forward club cabin.
how is wearing F pyjamas in CW DYKWIA? I do sometimes too to be more comfortable.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss

how is wearing F pyjamas in CW DYKWIA? I do sometimes too to be more comfortable.
So do I. If I have a spare PJ that I haven’t thrown out, I take it with me to use it in CW and potentially dispose of it after the flight.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Agreed. Surely thats just comfort? Watching a programme on your iPad on full volume though.. maybe not DYKWIA, just a .........
Old Apr 28, 2018, 6:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments

monogrammed PJs would definitely by DYKWIA
Old Apr 28, 2018, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
monogrammed PJs would definitely by DYKWIA
Surely it would be NowYKWIA
Old Apr 29, 2018, 2:04 am

So who wears QR pajamas in CW?
Old Apr 29, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Greenpen
Me!
Old Apr 29, 2018, 2:33 am

Programs: BA
EVA PJs are even better. And I'll use them on any airline!
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:06 am

Emphasising that one usually travels First, but due to unfortunate circumstances (such as there is no F) one is forced to rub shoulders with the great unwashed. Very DYKWIA in my book...
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:08 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Yes me too last time was last month I just pick up one of my sets and dispose of them afterwards. its better than in your own clothing in the CW sauna.
John
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: Some

Emphasising that one usually travels First, but due to unfortunate circumstances (such as there is no F) one is forced to rub shoulders with the great unwashed. Very DYKWIA in my book...
Yes, exactly, you should just wear the Club World pajamas BA hand out to sleep instead of trying to show off! Oh, wait...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.