DYKWIA | 2018 edition

Closed Thread

Old May 3, 18, 1:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
Originally Posted by TPloser View Post
Many many yeara ago on a flight from Sao Paulo we were boarded on a late flight where the crew had got delayed in the traffic (known for its traffic queues but the passengers all made it). We all boarded about an hour late.Not sure it they said the arriving crew were covering (not sure if this was an internal Brazil sector crew or if only the pilots missing delaying flight). We were on the plane for at least an hour with no progress. No airconditioning but drinks a plenty being served in club. However with no air condiiioning the economy passengers were getting near a revolt after another hour where the crew were not getting to the airport as fast as they thought. In club I think they were concerned that they were getting us drunk because the champagne changed to water only after the 3rd or 4th round unless you specifically asked for it.
So yes I'd agree they need to be careful when boarding before you they are ready. Further delays can cause mayhem status or not.
Don't worry about that. If my last on-tarmac delay on BA is anything to go by then as soon as the couple pre-departure bottles runs out the crew will disappear and nothing else will be offered. You'll just be left to cook in the cabin. Still, at least now I know how one of their beef tenderloins feels.
Old May 3, 18, 3:09 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by dylanks View Post

If the F pajamas were anywhere near as nice as anything I would pay money for, it would be less of a DYKWIA to wear them in CW. But really the only thing worthwhile about them is the First logo and that it’s not a big loss if you lose them or throw them away. I guess a bigger DYKWIA would be to wear them into the terminal after the flight.
Well, I haven't bought pyjamas for years ... the BA ones may not look fancy, but they are 100% cotton and very comfortable.
lavajava likes this.
Old May 3, 18, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by mikebg View Post
Well, I haven't bought pyjamas for years ... the BA ones may not look fancy, but they are 100% cotton and very comfortable.
They are quite soft.....the last pair I had I cut up and used as rags for polishing the car.
dylanks and lavajava like this.
Old May 3, 18, 3:57 am
formerly jonjparr

I can’t find the appropriate thread but there’s a tool in the Gatwick Club lounge having a conversation with someone with their phone on speaker. It’s been going on for 20 minutes now. Driving me up the wall!
Old May 3, 18, 4:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
tell them to take it off mute / shut up / go elsewhere - I swear people do this in the deluded belief it makes them look important; popping that bubble tends to dent their fragile egos and make them p1ss off pretty quick

it's just bad manners - and 15-20 years now into mobile phones being a totally normal thing people really should have learned
Dover2Golf and DragonSoul like this.
Old May 3, 18, 4:11 am
formerly jonjparr

I wanted to but my wife told me not to. My 3 year old kept saying, “What that noise Daddy?”
wrp96 likes this.
Old May 3, 18, 4:13 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Obviously, the chap wants to include the whole lounge so don't be shy, just offer the call the benefit of your learning and experience.

Or go and ask a member of staff to have a word..
Old May 3, 18, 4:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
Originally Posted by jonjparr View Post
I wanted to but my wife told me not to. My 3 year old kept saying, “What that noise Daddy?”
*loud voice on*
"That, little one, is the sound made by a colossal bell end."
Old May 3, 18, 4:32 am
formerly jonjparr

Originally Posted by Wozza2404 View Post
*loud voice on*
"That, little one, is the sound made by a colossal bell end."
Queue my daughter saying, “What bell end Daddy?” 😂
wrp96 likes this.
Old May 3, 18, 4:39 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
From another thread, challenge your kid to repeat the lyrics of their favourite song.
wrp96 likes this.
Old May 3, 18, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by WorldLux View Post
From another thread, challenge your kid to repeat the lyrics of their favourite song.
Or bring your daughter up next to the bell-end and then start playing the 'tickle game' with her. While she shrieks with laughter, the bell-end will no doubt think twice about his behaviour.
Old May 3, 18, 11:51 am

Programs: IHG Spire
I can’t find the appropriate thread but there’s a tool in the Gatwick Club lounge having a conversation with someone with their phone on speaker. It’s been going on for 20 minutes now. Driving me up the wall!
At this point, I'd go with the nuclear option- get your smartphone out, go to YouTube, and fire up the video for Sir Mix-a-Lot's 'Baby Got Back' with the volume cranked up to 11 while standing nearby.
Mountlodge likes this.
Old May 7, 18, 2:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
At this point, I'd go with the nuclear option- get your smartphone out, go to YouTube, and fire up the video for Sir Mix-a-Lot's 'Baby Got Back' with the volume cranked up to 11 while standing nearby.
And could start doing some sampling and DJ mashups. Any specific references to names or companies or financial numbers or even better credit card details, put them all on Soundcloud and Youtube.
ML
flyerkit and mickeyjaw like this.
Old May 7, 18, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club; U2 Flight Club; Hilton Honors; IHG
Originally Posted by dylanks View Post
. I guess a bigger DYKWIA would be to wear them into the terminal after the flight.
Genius idea. Assuming my first First actually happens I’m absolutely doing this ... strolling up to passport control in PJs.
Old May 7, 18, 10:12 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by memesweeper View Post
Genius idea. Assuming my first First actually happens I’m absolutely doing this ... strolling up to passport control in PJs.
I flew LHR-IAD a couple of years ago and the woman boarding CW next to me got a big buzz as her boarding pass was scanned. I wondered what had happened as I proceeded to go, get on the plane. I then saw her seven hours later at baggage claim wearing the PJ top and knew she had gotten upgraded.

Search this Thread