FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   DYKWIA | 2018 edition (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1885585-dykwia-2018-edition.html)

Tobias-UK Apr 30, 2018 8:42 am

Originally Posted by txpenny (Post 29698859)
Hmm. American mom says queue? Hmmm.

Indeed, I’ve trained a number of my American friends on the proper use of English :D

jfallesen Apr 30, 2018 9:31 am

Had a flight LHR–LAS last summer where there was a massive delay loading the catering. At some point, they had finished loading catering at the rear but not the front, so it was decided to start boarding First and Economy at this point to reduce further delays.

A small number of very entitled passengers started kicking up quite a stir, saying how unprofessional it was for BA to let economy passengers board before business passengers. A young GA tried to talk some sense into them (no chance) and a supervisor was called. He once again explained to them that they were doing this to reduce further delay and that for them to wait and board business before economy would could a further delay of at least half an hour. They were still having none of it and he basically said that they could wait for their turn or not travel at all. On their threat of complaining he just shrugged and said they were welcome to do so. Well handled and I did send praise for the ground crew to BA.

I was glad to be in UD and them being in LD so that I did not have to endure them during the flight…

bermyandy May 1, 2018 8:13 am

Which is insane really.. why board a plane you know will be delayed?!

jms_uk May 1, 2018 8:43 am

Originally Posted by bermyandy (Post 29702898)

Because the sense of entitlement is the only thing that matters?

[irony off]

Calum May 2, 2018 5:14 am

Standing in the vicinity of a DYKWIAer as I type. The guy was having a rage at the security checkpoint because of the lack of fast track. Best line was “Don’t you know BA silver means I get fast tracked!!”

To be fair to the guy, we’ve been waiting 20 minutes now and it’s sorta taking the piss. Boarding closes for the flight in 10 minutes so things aren’t looking good.

jwhite9185 May 2, 2018 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Calum (Post 29706327)
“Don’t you know BA silver means I get fast tracked!!”

Not even being gold gets that guaranteed. Despite it being listed as a OneWorld Emerald benefit. At least it was a few years back.

thebilly_b May 2, 2018 5:55 am

Originally Posted by jwhite9185 (Post 29706388)

Not even being gold gets that guaranteed. Despite it being listed as a OneWorld Emerald benefit. At least it was a few years back.

I think it is closely followed with the "where available" footnote...

libertyuk May 2, 2018 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Greenpen (Post 29695178)
So who wears QR pajamas in CW?

Prefer my CX F ones :D no logo either so no DYKWIA. Surely the loudest ones are the QF C ones with a huge black kangaroo on them, (the QF F ones are more subtle and DYKWIA)https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...5a15705086.jpg

Frequent flyer 101 May 2, 2018 7:59 am

Checking in at CAI this morning there were two club desks open, each with its own queue. As usual at CAI everyone was taking ages, presumably due to the electronics ban. The queue which I was not in ended up moving faster by chance.

A younger couple in the other queue who arrived after everyone in our queue ended up getting to the desk. Elderly couple behind me in our queue started berating the younger couple for not waiting their turn.

Younger couple explain how separate queues work and also verify this was thr intended system with the guy at the desk who confirms. Older couple quite irate.. "what's the point of priority".

They then proceed to scare off another guy in the queue behind the young couple. That guy moves over to the economy line and actually gets checked in faster.

Fwiw, older couple were in WTP+unknown status. Younger couple business+gold.

Fraser May 2, 2018 9:50 am

Because sitting in a CW seat is more comfortable than standing at the gate?

jwhite9185 May 2, 2018 10:52 am

Originally Posted by thebilly_b (Post 29706432)
I think it is closely followed with the "where available" footnote...

Even when it is available, it doesn't mean BA have paid to use it...

tedcruz May 2, 2018 2:40 pm

Not sue if this is a DYKWIA, but a few weeks ago flying from LHR-NCL and the last person on board di'nt want to do the walk of shame. He walked down the aisle proudly displaying his Silver card showing that he does'nt really belong in Group 5, but rather group 2.

deboyzoned May 2, 2018 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by tedcruz (Post 29708429)
Not sue if this is a DYKWIA, but a few weeks ago flying from LHR-NCL and the last person on board di'nt want to do the walk of shame. He walked down the aisle proudly displaying his Silver card showing that he does'nt really belong in Group 5, but rather group 2.

Was the Silver Card stuck on his forehead? Was the flight delayed?

Don’t think this counts as DYKWIA 😊

TPloser May 2, 2018 6:23 pm

Many many yeara ago on a flight from Sao Paulo we were boarded on a late flight where the crew had got delayed in the traffic (known for its traffic queues but the passengers all made it). We all boarded about an hour late.Not sure it they said the arriving crew were covering (not sure if this was an internal Brazil sector crew or if only the pilots missing delaying flight). We were on the plane for at least an hour with no progress. No airconditioning but drinks a plenty being served in club. However with no air condiiioning the economy passengers were getting near a revolt after another hour where the crew were not getting to the airport as fast as they thought. In club I think they were concerned that they were getting us drunk because the champagne changed to water only after the 3rd or 4th round unless you specifically asked for it.
So yes I'd agree they need to be careful when boarding before you they are ready. Further delays can cause mayhem status or not.

dylanks May 2, 2018 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by LCY8737 (Post 29695270)

Emphasising that one usually travels First, but due to unfortunate circumstances (such as there is no F) one is forced to rub shoulders with the great unwashed. Very DYKWIA in my book...

If the F pajamas were anywhere near as nice as anything I would pay money for, it would be less of a DYKWIA to wear them in CW. But really the only thing worthwhile about them is the First logo and that it’s not a big loss if you lose them or throw them away. I guess a bigger DYKWIA would be to wear them into the terminal after the flight. :)