Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebs on BA | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2018, 4:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Wayne & Colleen Rooney (and their incredibly well behaved children) were in the MAN Lounge yesterday and on MAN-LHR (heading to IAD). I somehow broke the biometric system at domestic flight connections and delayed them and two aircraft full of passengers. It took 40 minutes to get the system back up again.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Talking

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Wayne & Colleen Rooney (and their incredibly well behaved children) were in the MAN Lounge yesterday and on MAN-LHR (heading to IAD). I somehow broke the biometric system at domestic flight connections and delayed them and two aircraft full of passengers. It took 40 minutes to get the system back up again.

In that case, should not this have been posted in the DYKWIA thread instead
RoyalSwazi and msm2000uk like this.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
In that case, should not this have been posted in the DYKWIA thread instead
Well, no, there was no sign of a DYKWIA from me, my son or the Rooneys. We were first off and first to arrive at flight connections, my BP was scanned and the system froze. The agent opened the other desk and the same thing happened. They eventually managed to reboot but as soon as my BP was scanned the system froze again.

After that I suggested that once the system was back up they should process the people who were on tight connections ahead of me (just in case it was an issue with my BP that was causing the problem) so they (including the Rooneys) could make their connections. It was a good job I did because after those 10 passengers were processed they tried my BP again and the system went down again!
Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:31 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum

Well, no, there was no sign of a DYKWIA from me, my son or the Rooneys. We were first off and first to arrive at flight connections, my BP was scanned and the system froze. The agent opened the other desk and the same thing happened. They eventually managed to reboot but as soon as my BP was scanned the system froze again.

After that I suggested that once the system was back up they should process the people who were on tight connections ahead of me (just in case it was an issue with my BP that was causing the problem) so they (including the Rooneys) could make their connections. It was a good job I did because after those 10 passengers were processed they tried my BP again and the system went down again!
I think that the denotes that LCS was being facetious
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:05 pm

Paul McGann is in the BA Galleries Lounge at JFK Terminal 7 right now, keeping a low profile.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by DrTom
Paul McGann is in the BA Galleries Lounge at JFK Terminal 7 right now, keeping a low profile.
Not demanding the finest wines known to humanity then...he’d have a job at JFK anyway...
DrTom likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:17 pm

I was sat next to them on that flight. Colleen really likes spicy flavoured Hula hoops, but her favourites are beef Monster Munch. BTW is that why I was delayed.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by SoiDog
I was sat next to them on that flight. Colleen really likes spicy flavoured Hula hoops, but her favourites are beef Monster Munch. BTW is that why I was delayed.
Sorry! Although we can blame the French for the delay to the flight.

There was another celebrity in 2A, a model heading to LAX. Did you notice her, know her name?
SoiDog likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Jay Rayner wandering about near the BA lounge in AMS.
Funnily enough I bumped into him on the Victoria line a couple of weeks ago on his way to Brasserie Zedel with the female singer from his quartet. My very minor claim to fame is having dinner with him and a dozen others at Casa Brindisa early on in his restaurant critic days when Jose Pizarro ran it, and then a few years later at Brasserie Chavot where he and his dining companion sat adjacent to to our table. Charming fella.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by KARFA
Bob Diamond in the CCR this afternoon. I suspect he is more sober than I am atm
I suspect if I’d been in there after a few I might’ve made a few edgy comments that would’ve been readily overheard.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
He'd have made a great Doctor Who if he had had more of an opportunity in the role.
Wembleygal and DrTom like this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:00 am

Coming back from a Doctor Who convention in Long Island last weekend... he's a regular on the circuit now.
DrTom likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Concerto
He'd have made a great Doctor Who if he had had more of an opportunity in the role.
I completely agree, Good plot, too, although Eric Roberts wasn't a patch on the magisterial Roger Delgado.
Wembleygal likes this.

Last edited by Postdoc; Nov 20, 2018 at 7:29 am Reason: wrong name
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by Howard Long

I suspect if I’d been in there after a few I might’ve made a few edgy comments that would’ve been readily overheard.
I may have been guilty of this when I caught sight of Liam Fox mixing himself a Bloody Mary at the bar in the SIN galleries lounge a couple of months ago!
Howard Long likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:56 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
I may have been guilty of this when I caught sight of Liam Fox mixing himself a Bloody Mary at the bar in the SIN galleries lounge a couple of months ago!
What was the local time?

If it was nice and early then he would go up in my estimation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.