Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebs on BA | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2018, 2:44 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Soupdragon62
I understand from my dealings in China that it's culturally unacceptable to use general aviation.

I'm lucky enough to frequently travel that way for work (hanging off my boss's shirttails) and China simply isn't set up very well for private jets. India is very similar.
From what I recall about Chinese private aviation, flight plans need to be filed 2 weeks in advance which generally kills the business plan for most would be clients.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
Originally Posted by shefgab
From what I recall about Chinese private aviation, flight plans need to be filed 2 weeks in advance which generally kills the business plan for most would be clients.
I know we are getting off the original topic here, but for the sake of completeness this is sort of accurate but not completely so.
It's not so much about having the flight plan filed two weeks in advance, more about the fact that once you have a confirmed slot it's very difficult to change, which is obviously not conducive to one of the main reasons for using general aviation. Beijing being particularly bad for this.

ATC is also a nightmare, keeping you very low for long periods of time which has a detrimental affect on fuel burn, all in all not the most user friendly place in that regard.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
Noel Gallagher (and his high flying birds) sat in T5 F lounge at the moment. Not a drop of booze and all very civilised - which is making me feel very old..
Off to ICN.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thorbjřrn Olesen (golfer) not having the best of luck with BA and his golf clubs:

Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Nightmare ! BA really don’t help themselves sometimes. Super nice guy Thorbjorn !!

Caddied for him him last year - a real joy !
Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Mr Tommy Shelby in the lounge in Dublin earlier and then on the delayed BA827 to LHR. Sat in Club, then had to exit via rear steps on remote stand and then bus to terminal.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List
Liz Hurley, Damian Hurley and Tamara Beckwith currently waiting to board today’s BA655 from Corfu to LHR
DeathSlam likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:08 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by MrMutton
Boris Becker was on my LHR-OTP flight the other day. Sat at the back of CE with a hat on and slept. Was met by two ladies at the top of the jetty with a crumpled ‘Mr Becker’ sign.
Bankruptcy has hit him so hard that he's having to do TP Runs to keep his Gold card.

M
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
In the JFK Concorde room right now with Ben Kingsley and his wife sitting across the coffee table from me.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 6:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
In the JFK Concorde room right now with Ben Kingsley and his wife sitting across the coffee table from me.
take a look at his BP and let us know if he’s gone with Mr or Sir. Tends to be some dispute around this (according to Wikipedia)
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle

take a look at his BP and let us know if he’s gone with Mr or Sir. Tends to be some dispute around this (according to Wikipedia)
Only saw this after the flight (they were in row 4 and I was further forward) but I wouldn't have done this in any case.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: BA GGL
Jon Snow, news anchor, in T5 Flounge this morning. Poor chap looks to have his arm in a sling.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR , HH Diamond
Andy Peters standing right behind me in the T5 F lounge right now...
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Scallywag72
Tell him to get back to the gym
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Scallywag72
Andi Peters. If its the man from the broom cupboard. And no, I don't know why I've typed this reply either

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.